White House/White House Heritage

titans89

Its showing up on all of the other threads, might as well get it out there.I personally amd glad Heritage is having a good season.Being a WH grad obviously I cheer for the Blue Devils, but I dont wish bad on Heritage.I think this all started because the Blue Devil faithful think that Heritage was taking a shot at them with the New Blue slogan.What are youir thoughts?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know from my screenname that I'm from the "old school" and I have "old school" ways. Being born and raised with a White House background, if you look around "all this" was not here in my school days. All of Hwy76 from Portland to Springfield was dotted with a few houses and many pastures. I remember one light in town and it only blinked, no red or green. It was kind of an announcement to visitors to slow down and let them know they were passing through a town. If they blinked they would miss it.

Now, we are what we are and we're getting even bigger. If someone had told me we'd be what we are today as far as size, I would have thought they were as futuristic as my English teacher (some oldies know which one) that told us that one day we would be in flying cars, and that someday the school system would split.

Well, with the size of our town now and the traffic we sit in in this "little town", I would appreciate the flying cars sometimes, but the prediction that the school would split has happened, and we ALL just need to make the best of it. It's a vicious circle......people keep moving here to get a taste of what we have...and because people keep moving here, we're losing the thing we once enjoyed, and now we're a "little, BIG town"...(where do you think the group got that name? ) But progression has started and we can't stop it. Making way for a new school to keep the overcrowding down is the only way to keep things under control, and yet having a new school makes some people a little OUT of control.

White House will never again be what us older people remember. But in that regard, we can make the best of what we have with new people moving in. Cheering on a new school doesn't bother me in the least. People that think one school (either one) in the same town has more "class" or should receive special treatment does. This is OUR town...new and old citizens, new and old school. We should all learn to get along and be for each other.

Call me a Blue Fool if you choose....but don't split our town's people even more than they have been split.

Edited by WHHS1975

You know from my screenname that I'm from the "old school" and I have "old school" ways. Being born and raised with a White House background, if you look around "all this" was not here in my school days. All of Hwy76 from Portland to Springfield was dotted with a few houses and many pastures. I remember one light in town and it only blinked, no red or green. It was kind of an announcement to visitors to slow down and let them know they were passing through a town. If they blinked they would miss it.

Now, we are what we are and we're getting even bigger. If someone had told me we'd be what we are today as far as size, I would have thought they were as futuristic as my English teacher (some oldies know which one) that told us that one day we would be in flying cars, and that someday the school system would split.

Well, with the size of our town now and the traffic we sit in in this "little town", I would appreciate the flying cars sometimes, but the prediction that the school would split has happened, and we ALL just need to make the best of it. It's a vicious circle......people keep moving here to get a taste of what we have...and because people keep moving here, we're losing the thing we once enjoyed, and now we're a "little, BIG town"...(where do you think the group got that name? ) But progression has started and we can't stop it. Making way for a new school to keep the overcrowding down is the only way to keep things under control, and yet having a new school makes some people a little OUT of control.

White House will never again be what us older people remember. But in that regard, we can make the best of what we have with new people moving in. Cheering on a new school doesn't bother me in the least. People that think one school (either one) in the same town has more "class" or should receive special treatment does. This is OUR town...new and old citizens, new and old school. We should all learn to get along and be for each other.

Call me a Blue Fool if you choose....but don't split our town's people even more than they have been split.

Amen, wonderful post. I hope this thread doesn't tear us apart even more by the time its done. I love hearing from the older guys, and having support go both ways. Everyone will obviously like their old team. Just like I'm a bigger Heritage fan then I am a Blue Devil fan. I'm not gonna bash the true blue. I appreciate all the people who give support to both sides. Maybe this will make us a stronger town as a whole. I'd be ecstatic if White House High School one state. I hope it'd be the other way around, too.

This topic has been blown way out of proportion. I believe the reason we made those shirts was to get our name out. It wasn't a bash at WH, and it wasn't meant to start any sort of stupid fighting between people who took the color change personally. We're the Patriots, so naturally we're gonna have red, white and BLUE. Our shade is different from yours. Whether it's the "new blue" or the "true blue" on the field on Friday nights, the TOWN, not just the schools and it's members and families, should come out in support. For real, how many other cities have TWO high school football teams playing EVERY friday night? Why does it matter the shade of blue or how much pride you have for one school over the other? We had to put out these shirts and get this "new blue" started because no one really recognizes us for who we are. The TOWN doesn't take pride in us, and the city workers brush us off to the side alot of times, not just for football games. We have smaller crowds because people take such a huge pride in the Blue Devils who have been here for many more years than we have. Maybe one day, Heritage will grow to be a big enough school so that the town can come together and watch ONE game on friday night with both schools and none of this non-sense go on. The entire town knows about a Blue Devil football friday. I encourage all of you who have been debating this topic to save your gas just this one friday night, and come watch our guys play. It's our homecoming and we're 3-0 for the first time in school history, even if it's a short school history. We have a sense of pride, and we realize we're not just people to talk over anymore. Stay home this friday night and watch as good of a game that you're gonna drive an hour to see. We're a very talented team, and could use all the support we can get, not just from our own fans. We're becoming a divided town, and there's no reason to be. If we really want this stupidity over t-shirts to end, we have to support each other. True Blue for New Blue and New Blue for True Blue. That's all there is to it.

Amen, wonderful post. I hope this thread doesn't tear us apart even more by the time its done. I love hearing from the older guys, and having support go both ways. Everyone will obviously like their old team. Just like I'm a bigger Heritage fan then I am a Blue Devil fan. I'm not gonna bash the true blue. I appreciate all the people who give support to both sides. Maybe this will make us a stronger town as a whole. I'd be ecstatic if White House High School one state. I hope it'd be the other way around, too.

Thats kind of the reason this thread was started.Not to cause a division, but to let people let thier feelings be known.Hopefully it will bring this issue to an end and make this town proud of both schools.

As a White House graduate, alumni of football, and current supporter I want to post my 3rd thread on here in 2 years. It absolutely broke my heart when my town split. It is noboddy's fault but the county commissioners from both counties and their want to pull a power play that we are in the state that we are in today. For over 100 years Roberstson raised our kids to 6th grade and sumner raised them to 12th. That ended with a difference in holliday schedules and bus drivers complaining about picking up half of the kids on one day. Petty to say the least. If I had my way, there would be one school, one town, one team in all sports. We would be 4A in football and 3A in all other sports and competing at a high level WITH ALL OF OUR KIDS. Anyone that knows about the 2004 season at WHHS would know that we were only one or two kids away from winning a 2nd state championship that year. It shoulda', coulda', woulda' been. But we are here. These are the times and we are where we are. Coach Brown and Coach McDonald are highly respected in my book as well as the rest of the Herritage coaching staff and their accomplishments to this point deserve great accolades. Their's is the first score I check on Friday nights and in my heart I am pulling for them. They are 1st class. I'm 100% sure that they had nothing to do with the NEW BLUE. They know too well the sensitivity of the issue in White House and are way too educated to have knowingly promoted this. Some of my closest friends from the old days feel the same way and their children go to Woodall. When their kids take the field at Dewey H. Whitson stadium I will be pulling for them even though I will be at a WHHS game. The NEW in "new blue" connotates a replacement belief and I'm sorry if that is the way it is taken but there are those that feel that is the way it is. If the community could show as much respect to each side as the coaching staffs do to each other, this community could win two state championchips in the same year. If it were up to me, we would consollidate in to a city school and win one for all of White House. Until then, why not win two. Please, please, please don't separate for one....unite for two. MAL

Be careful what you post here on this topic. If they don't agree with your feelings or opinions, they'll give ya down the road. Trust me, I know.... :thumb:

One can't help how a certain action will effect them. I think the new blue slogan was intended to be a dig/slap to the Blue Devils. I know I'm the minority thinking that, but if we're posting our feelings, that's what I believe.

I know in the grand scheme of things, all this amounts to absolutely nothing. In time, it will all be forgotten and folks won't remember there being just one high school in White House. I'll just spend my Friday nights supporting the Blue Devils like I always have and not worry about the rest.......

When I get to wishing that Greenbrier would get some bigger stores, more industrial trade, etc, I just need to think about how White House's population has boomed and the effects of that, and I'm over it pretty quickly. Sitting on the interstate has advantages and disadvantages to the growth. A new Walmart, lots of fast food chains, more people. It's beginning to resemble the beginning stages of Long Hollow Pike, but unforunately, White House is the only town I know that is halved by two counties. I think most everyone surrounding White House agrees you guys got a bad deal.

Greenbrier may not get much commercialization since we don't have the interstate but Hwy 41 is very much a beaten path, but forunately we are too close to bigger towns like Goodlettsville/Springfield/White House to HAVE to develop because everything is so handy. And while the subdivisions are popping up everywhere over here, I'm thankful that..so far...we remain ONE school system, and it's still a SMALL town. That's the way I like it. :thumb:

As a White House graduate, alumni of football, and current supporter I want to post my 3rd thread on here in 2 years. It absolutely broke my heart when my town split. It is noboddy's fault but the county commissioners from both counties and their want to pull a power play that we are in the state that we are in today. For over 100 years Roberstson raised our kids to 6th grade and sumner raised them to 12th. That ended with a difference in holliday schedules and bus drivers complaining about picking up half of the kids on one day. Petty to say the least. If I had my way, there would be one school, one town, one team in all sports. We would be 4A in football and 3A in all other sports and competing at a high level WITH ALL OF OUR KIDS. Anyone that knows about the 2004 season at WHHS would know that we were only one or two kids away from winning a 2nd state championship that year. It shoulda', coulda', woulda' been. But we are here. These are the times and we are where we are. Coach Brown and Coach McDonald are highly respected in my book as well as the rest of the Herritage coaching staff and their accomplishments to this point deserve great accolades. Their's is the first score I check on Friday nights and in my heart I am pulling for them. They are 1st class. I'm 100% sure that they had nothing to do with the NEW BLUE. They know too well the sensitivity of the issue in White House and are way too educated to have knowingly promoted this. Some of my closest friends from the old days feel the same way and their children go to Woodall. When their kids take the field at Dewey H. Whitson stadium I will be pulling for them even though I will be at a WHHS game. The NEW in "new blue" connotates a replacement belief and I'm sorry if that is the way it is taken but there are those that feel that is the way it is. If the community could show as much respect to each side as the coaching staffs do to each other, this community could win two state championchips in the same year. If it were up to me, we would consollidate in to a city school and win one for all of White House. Until then, why not win two. Please, please, please don't separate for one....unite for two. MAL

I love this post. Ive always said all along how great it is to have two teams in one city doing so well. 2 State championschips would be an incredible accomplishment. The fact that they are a combined 5-1 this year is also great. I am proud to know that BOTH teams represent the city so well. Both schools have respectful and very sportsmanlike athletes who play for the love of the game and the love of their schools and cities. Yes White House has great history, what is wrong with Heritage starting their own great history? Im not gonna lie, I can see where White House fans would tak the NEW BLUE as a shot but I can promise you thats not why the phrase was created. It was created as a slogan saying " hey their is also another blue in town that is pretty darn good". Not to mention that both teams have a canidate for mr football in their class with Justin West (WH, who is one of the leaders in state with rushing) and Lee Pardue(Heritage, who is averaging over 200 total yards a game and almost 15 yards every time he touches the ball) I could name several great athletes for both schools who are great kids on and off the field. Good luck to White House and Heritage this week. Next week I hope OUR CITIES record is 7-1. BEST FOOTBALL CITY IN THE STATE!! (I know I get carried away sometimes but I DO respect EVERYONES opinions on here wether I agree or not BDP_FAN)

I wish Heritage nothing but the best. It's not those kids fault what happened in the political and school arena.

That being said, calling yourselves "New Blue" when everyone knows the town's history is a bad idea. Business owners, political people and families all know what it sounds like when you slogan "New Blue" -- it's a blatant taunt at White House High School.

What would be wrong with "Go Navy" (get it?) or "We're Seeing Red at WHH"...something corny, but catchy that makes a Heritage Patriot statement and leaves the rest alone?

No one may have intended it to be a big at the Blue Devils, but most people see the obvious...and the obvious in this case looks bad.

Congrats on a good season and keep it up (and cause a massive playoff mess when both teams need the field on Friday night in week 11)...

But leave the New/True Blue slogan alone. As Reggie Bush says in the ESPN Commercial, "that was just dumb."

Edited by letsgodevils