Macon County @ Smith County

glover

Talking to some of my SC friends (yes people from both sides can get along) in area behind old band seating. I must say that I think the Mafia does seem to be correct. SC fans mostly sit on hands until something big allready happened. Team needs fan support 48 minutes. Didn't know what you guys were saying when you called fans out. Now I do.

MC fans also not as rowdy as usual.

Fireworks and sign in North endzone with scores are a nice touch. Are they all supported financially by booster money? Must get into some bucks.

Our QB Club works nearly year round to raise money for the Owls. They paid for the new consession stand and local merchants went in and bought the scrolling sign. The same people update it by calling around the mid state to friends at other ballgames. The horn in the south end was also paid for by local people. Yes it takes alot of money and we are fortunate to have a community which helps support the Owls.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our guys know that we support them...we're just not very noisy about it...I think we show them in other ways how important they are...not just on the field...but as our kids...our students...they know...

The SCHS Quarterback Club does things that go way above an beyond what most booster clubs do...and they do it without expecting a lot of praise...as a group they love our team...the players and the coaches...and show it...Some of the nicest people in the community are members of the group and want the best for our kids...

Our program wouldn't be in the shape it's in if it weren't for a coaching staff that cares and demands the best out of our kids...and a booster club that supports the coaches in what they are attempting to do...

Football doesn't get much better than it is in Smith County...

GO OWLS!!!