Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma wins this one 40-20.

Also, is Cass Barnes being recruited to play college football? If so, which schools are showing the most interest?

I believe TSU is hot on him. I have herd schools like MTSU, TENN TECH, i think there's a few more but i'm not sure on which one's...

Game Summary (better do it now before I forget)

Tullahoma took the open kick and drove down to about the WC 30 and then fumbles to WC. WC got two or three first downs before being forced to punt. T come back with a nice drive and goes up 7-0. In the second qtr WC takes advantage or a fumbled punt reception and drives in to make it 7-7. T comes back real quick and in a fast drive (just two or three plays I think) goes up 14-7. The rest of the first half was good football but neither WC or T can get a drive does the length of the field. In the third qtr WC connects on a great Kyle Mullican pass to Taylor Holten? for about 79 yards or so and the score is tied 14-14. T comes back with another drive and WC goes up 21-14. T fumbles a second punt reception and puts WC in great field possession and Shane Wilcher goes in from about 13 and scores. I think this may have been Shane's only carry of the night but I might be wrong. Score is 21-21 going into the 4th with the momentum apparently in WC's favor. Lots of good football till WC is stopping T on 3rd and long and gets another one of those personal foul things. (Personally I think the ref was blowing the wistle late so WC kept going after the ball carrier and the ref threw the flag becasue he meant to blow the wistle earlier and had to cover for hisself. I'd like to stop here and complain about the officiating - but I won't because I can't stand it when yall do it either). The penalty put T inside the 20 and the stick it in for the score a few plays later and go up 27-21. WC has two more offensive possessions but can't get much past midfield and the clock runs out at T 27 WC 21.

IMHO WC is a little better than last years team was at this point in the season - I just think the competition has been a little better also.

I don't recal any turnovers by WC this week.

I saw something in the game tonite that I've never seen in many years of watching high school football. Warren Co got 5 downs on their last drive. On 4th and 3 with time running out, the QB spiked the ball to stop the clock. It then should have been Tullahoma's ball, but Warren Co got a fifth down. This did happen a few years ago in the Colorado vs Missouri college game and it did make a difference in the outcome. It was a typical Tullahoma-Warren Co game, with both teams playing sloppy football, especially the Wildcats, but it was an exciting homecoming game with a big turnout of fans. It's always enjoyable to go to McMinnville for a game. The facilities are outstanding and the people are great. Good Luck to the Pioneers the rest of the season. Congratulations to the Cats for taking care of business.

I saw something in the game tonite that I've never seen in many years of watching high school football. Warren Co got 5 downs on their last drive. On 4th and 3 with time running out, the QB spiked the ball to stop the clock. It then should have been Tullahoma's ball, but Warren Co got a fifth down. This did happen a few years ago in the Colorado vs Missouri college game and it did make a difference in the outcome. It was a typical Tullahoma-Warren Co game, with both teams playing sloppy football, especially the Wildcats, but it was an exciting homecoming game with a big turnout of fans. It's always enjoyable to go to McMinnville for a game. The facilities are outstanding and the people are great. Good Luck to the Pioneers the rest of the season. Congratulations to the Cats for taking care of business.

I was surprised that Coach Olive didn't say anything

I was surprised that Coach Olive didn't say anything

It was so late in the game, and everyone was in such a hurry, I think everyone in the stadium forgot the down, including Coach Olive, the WC coaches, the chain gang, and everybody else in the stadium. The intentional grounding that was waved off had us all screwed up, maybe. Who knows? But I spent five minutes staring at my notes, wondering how I had messed up, before one of the Tullahoma radio guys and I compared notes and found that yes, WC did have two fourth-down tries.

Good, exciting game by both sides. Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way through their season, and congrats on a 3-0 run against teams from Region 3-5A.

SportsEd a little WC trivia for you and me also. The Pioneers seem to be improving and hopefully they can break this streak, but can you tell us when the last time WC beat a team that had a winning record at years end. Last years group one 5, but none against teams with winning records. Had to be in the 90's but I cant remember. Just wondering and by NO MEANS BASHING.

SportsEd a little WC trivia for you and me also. The Pioneers seem to be improving and hopefully they can break this streak, but can you tell us when the last time WC beat a team that had a winning record at years end. Last years group one 5, but none against teams with winning records. Had to be in the 90's but I cant remember. Just wondering and by NO MEANS BASHING.

Great question! You would probably need to go back some years. It was probably early 90's.

GO PIONEERS!!!