Father Ryan Getting Some Respect

Ole Dad

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan has played at least one game at Vanderbilt ever since they left full time a few years ago when Vandy went back to natural grass.........There are several stipulations that prevent Ryan from playing more games there.....First, they can only schedule a game there on a weekend when Vandy is playing an away game....also, the price that Vandy charges now to play there is bordering on extortion....Ryan has to draw a big crowd just to break even.....In the future I don`t see us playing as much there unless it is a special situation.....I know Ryan has talked to JPII about playing an annual game there and splitting the gate,but JP does not want to give up a home game........ Greer Stadium will host several of our games again next year,(I enjoyed last weeks game there), then after that who knows.....Fund raising for an on campus stadium at Father Ryan is virtually non existent right now as internal constituancies debate on the best way to conduct a capital campaign for ALL the campus improvements that different groups are advocating.

I think there are a group of boosters that are trying to put something together behind the scenes, but the principal has decreed that the money must be in the bank before a shovel of dirt is turned.

Ryan has played at least one game at Vanderbilt ever since they left full time a few years ago when Vandy went back to natural grass.........There are several stipulations that prevent Ryan from playing more games there.....First, they can only schedule a game there on a weekend when Vandy is playing an away game....also, the price that Vandy charges now to play there is bordering on extortion....Ryan has to draw a big crowd just to break even.....In the future I don`t see us playing as much there unless it is a special situation.....I know Ryan has talked to JPII about playing an annual game there and splitting the gate,but JP does not want to give up a home game........ Greer Stadium will host several of our games again next year,(I enjoyed last weeks game there), then after that who knows.....Fund raising for an on campus stadium at Father Ryan is virtually non existent right now as internal constituancies debate on the best way to conduct a capital campaign for ALL the campus improvements that different groups are advocating.

I think there are a group of boosters that are trying to put something together behind the scenes, but the principal has decreed that the money must be in the bank before a shovel of dirt is turned.

I heard from a friend in Nashville that all debt from the last building phase must be paid off before any more construction can take place. Is it true that the new campus improvements that you are speaking of will cost in the range of 35 million?

Edited by cbg

I heard there may be a booster ready to kick in some Big Bucks to get the whole football campaign started. Heck they need Lucas to kick in about $10M of the $175 he is giving to USC. That would kick start a nice athletic complex.

Ole Dad

I heard from a friend in Nashville that all debt from the last building phase must be paid off before any more construction can take place. Is it true that the new campus improvements that you are speaking of will cost in the range of 35 million?

Even as an MBA player/supporter, I've always kind of felt bad that Ryan doesn't have its own stadium. It sounds like things are somewhat political over there within the administration. Hopefully, they can get it worked out sooner than later.

Also, how is the field set up at Greer Stadium? I assume running left to right along the first base line. Did they place sod over the infield? Were there visitors bleachers set up on the other sideline? Just curious.

The Dolphins don't sod over the infield they share with the Marlins until after the season. Is the baseball season over in Nashville? Ryan will have a stadium in a couple of years it appears. Funding is about to pour in.

Ole Dad

Even as an MBA player/supporter, I've always kind of felt bad that Ryan doesn't have its own stadium. It sounds like things are somewhat political over there within the administration. Hopefully, they can get it worked out sooner than later.

Also, how is the field set up at Greer Stadium? I assume running left to right along the first base line. Did they place sod over the infield? Were there visitors bleachers set up on the other sideline? Just curious.

Correct, left to right. No. And no.