Father Ryan at MBA

bigbigguy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like this one should be straight out of the old MBA-Ryan slugfests of yesteryear. By my count, Ryan hasn't beaten MBA since the d2-aaa title game in '97. So I can imagine there is some serious desire to end that streak. Likewise, I can't imagine that anyone on the MBA side really cares to be the team who finally lost to Ryan, injuries or not. Strong motivation there as well. I suspect this will be a "check your manhood" type game that pretty much every MBA-FRHS game used to be....we must protect this house!

MBA 12-FRHS 9

Lets see......FRHS beats JPII and Tate and MBA looses to same and your post is about Ryan not being able to deal with MBA's speed? I guess JPII was able to deal with it. I'll take FRHS by 3 scores in a rout.

Ole Dad

I don't think that FR has anyone with the type of break away speed that Tate has. MBA moved the ball well against JPII and held Coffey pretty much in check. I agree that it's going to be a slugfest but I also think that MBA is faster and better upfront. I'm still taking MBA.

Edited by Ole Dad

I don't think that FR has anyone with the type of break away speed that Tate has. MBA moved the ball well against JPII and held Coffey pretty much in check. I agree that it's going to be a slugfest but I also think that MBA is faster and better upfront. I'm still taking MBA.

First of all don't forget that Ryan's defense held Tate to -13 yards on JP2's final 2 drives. If MBA has so many injuries that you keep making excuses about, then I doubt they have more speed than Ryan. Every team that has played JP2 has been able to move the ball because we all know their defense is weak. MBA will NOT win this game if they cant get some kind of passing game going. Ryan's LB's will tear MBA's ball carriers up if they are one dimensional with the run.

The Irish will take this one fairly easily. I do not think MBA has the offensive weapons this year to compete with a Father Ryan defense that has just allowed an average of 12.6 points per game. that being said MBA is going to have to rely on a defensive surge to stop the irish offense. I say the Irish take this one 21-7.

This game will be won on the LOS. MBA by 3.

MBA's quarterback issues will be a bigger factor than the battle in the trenches. as I said before if MBA can't make Ryan's defense respect the pass, then they will have very little success running the ball. On top of that Ryan's O-LINE has been impressive, therefore I would also pick Ryan's line to win the LOS battle.