Father Ryan at MBA

bigbigguy

Hey Dad why don't you come up for this one? We are taking the party barge down to the game and then the Mind and his Bride are going up to Clarksville with us to see Spencer and maybe Tyler at Austin Peay. Gonna have RIBS to snack on at the Peay game!!! Don't tell Lost Old Dad!

Yeah.. I agree Ryan wins this one . Hope they do, since we are goiing to be there. Lussier may not want me there, I have been to a few games but have never seen them win. This will be the one to break the string.

And the streak continues.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA really didn't do much after the first quarter at all. The first two drives, if I recall correctly, they were in Ryan territory including the first drive where they got to the Irish 1. After that, Ryan really settled down and played their defense but the offense couldn't do much(as posted earlier no first downs in the first half). Part of the reason for that is rotating quarterbacks. I do not think they can continue to do this anymore to succeed. Anyways, I am not an excuse maker when we lose, but the Father Ryan TD that was called back was trash. I would like to see the tape of the game and see what happened there. I heard that FR #8 pushed the MBA defender right in the chest and was engaged for less than a second and was flagged for holding. I do feel that the refs called a lot of bad penalties and didn't let the two sides play the game.

Maybe we will see you again in the playoffs and you can have a real quarterback and throw the ball more than twice(with your wide receiver). The play calling really had the Irish in a bind.

It will be interesting to see what Jeff Lockridge or whatever the HS football writer for the Tennessean writes about the game. I have heard in the past that he is an MBA grad. Is that true? If so, that explains why he makes all the Irish wins sound like pure luck.

One more question, what went wrong in your game against CBHS? I never saw anything but the score and that is how I came up with my prediction for tonight. I guess the traveling really hurts.

I never thought I would say this but good luck to MBA because we want you in the playoffs(please God let us beat BGA).

1) I do feel that the refs called a lot of bad penalties and didn't let the two sides play the game.

2) It will be interesting to see what Jeff Lockridge or whatever the HS football writer for the Tennessean writes about the game. I have heard in the past that he is an MBA grad. Is that true? If so, that explains why he makes all the Irish wins sound like pure luck.

3) One more question, what went wrong in your game against CBHS? I never saw anything but the score and that is how I came up with my prediction for tonight. I guess the traveling really hurts.

4) I never thought I would say this but good luck to MBA because we want you in the playoffs(please God let us beat BGA).

1) MBA averages nearly 7 penalties a game; Ryan about 6. Both teams were penalized less than their average last night (MBA 5, Ryan 4).

2) Lockridge is not an MBA grad. His name does not show up in an MBA Alumni Directory.

3) MBA used a much different offense (and QB) in the CBHS game and it hurt, thus the changes we've seen last night and last week versus JPII.

4) Ryan will beat BGA. MBA has a tougher road ahead, and it won't be easy.

Congrats Big Red on the win from a Ryan Alum.....10 in a row is hard for us to swallow, but that game was more typical of our rivalry over the past 75 years.......Coach Rutledge and the staff made quite an adjustment to shift to a an offense that doesn`t use a quarterback as much....It really stymied the Irish in the 1st quarter...MBA has some hitters on Defense.....Ryan was able to move the ball in the second half, but kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties at key times....Our best weapon for much of the game was Soph. punter Mitchell Stoffer`s Leg. He averaged 42 yards on 7 punts with a couple of boomers that kept the field position in Ryan`s favor much of the night.......As bad a QB situation as MBA has, Ryan has some QB issues also...Ryan Blair coming off a rib injury was inconsistent and Jr. Justin Guidry was somewhat effective when he ran the ball, but his passing technique leaves much to be desired as evidenced by his woeful underthrow on MBA`s final interception,as the Irish receiver clearly had separtion.........Another great high school football atmosphere with the packed stadium....The halftime fireworks show was great....Hopefully the Irish can end the streak next year, but it will never be easy...Go Irish

Congrats to the Big Red.

Ryan sounded very over confident about this game. They must have based their predictions on the fact that JPII beat MBA and Ryan beat JPII. Always a mistake! Each week is different and each game is different and the factors that contribute to a win or loss are more complicated than 1+1=2.

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the way.

P.S. Where is Ole Dad who predicted a melt down of the MBA squad? If you are so bold as to make such a ridiculous prediction you should come back to take your lumps when you are wrong.

MBA really didn't do much after the first quarter at all. The first two drives, if I recall correctly, they were in Ryan territory including the first drive where they got to the Irish 1. After that, Ryan really settled down and played their defense but the offense couldn't do much(as posted earlier no first downs in the first half). Part of the reason for that is rotating quarterbacks. I do not think they can continue to do this anymore to succeed. Anyways, I am not an excuse maker when we lose, but the Father Ryan TD that was called back was trash. I would like to see the tape of the game and see what happened there. I heard that FR #8 pushed the MBA defender right in the chest and was engaged for less than a second and was flagged for holding. I do feel that the refs called a lot of bad penalties and didn't let the two sides play the game.

Maybe we will see you again in the playoffs and you can have a real quarterback and throw the ball more than twice(with your wide receiver). The play calling really had the Irish in a bind.

It will be interesting to see what Jeff Lockridge or whatever the HS football writer for the Tennessean writes about the game. I have heard in the past that he is an MBA grad. Is that true? If so, that explains why he makes all the Irish wins sound like pure luck.

One more question, what went wrong in your game against CBHS? I never saw anything but the score and that is how I came up with my prediction for tonight. I guess the traveling really hurts.

I never thought I would say this but good luck to MBA because we want you in the playoffs(please God let us beat BGA).

Yeah you're not an excuse maker!

Where is Ole Dad and fieldman? They have no comments about this game!

Funny JP2fan that you've decided to start running your mouth on the boards again. Aren't you the one who's always wishing the Irish good luck and that you are rooting for them? Just remember who has the Bishop's Cup and who will have it for many seasons to come.