Father Ryan at MBA

bigbigguy

Yeah, we got it. 3 touchdown win for Ryan. You've posted that three times now in this thread alone.

I've been hearing alot of talk from Ryan folks this week, which is typical of them. I wouldn't chalk this up as a victory just yet for the Irish. Now, I'm not predicting an MBA win, but I think that the Big Red will come out fired up and ready to play tonight. Hopefully, Rutledge and his staff have some tricks up their sleeves for tonight because what they did last week will not beat Ryan. I look for some new wrinkles on offense and a stout performance from the defense. Should be a good one.

my gosh, no kidding! For not having won this game since 1997, Ryan fans are awfully confident about this one. I hope some of these predictions have found their way to the MBA bulletin board.

is there any word from campus? Any attempts to paint the cannons or anything like that last night? Or has that stuff pretty much ended?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Catholic players are on the MBA team? I know that in the past probably 1/3 of the MBA team went to Catholic grade schools. That is what makes this game fun, when you truly have friends playing against friends and often times family members going at one another.

Good question. I'm not sure that 1/3 is accurate for the past or present. I know when I was there(mid 90's) we had about 3 or 4 guys in each class that were Catholic that played football. Regardless, many of these guys know each other and you're right, it does make it more fun.

How many Catholic players are on the MBA team? I know that in the past probably 1/3 of the MBA team went to Catholic grade schools. That is what makes this game fun, when you truly have friends playing against friends and often times family members going at one another.

Yes, we call those kids that go from the parochial school to MBA "confused". The others that go to FR aren't "confused".

But MBA has a such a great school that when I grow older I am definitely sending my kids there. My daughters will definitely fit in over there.

FRHS will ruin those homo-sapiens season along with their "homecoming". Sad for those students, boy do they deserve better.

Ryan 27 MBA 3.

I little stat prediction to go along:

Ryan Berry 12 rushes-120 yards 1 TD

Ryan Blair(Lussier you B****** you better play him) Rushing TD

AARON BATEMAN 8 rushes- 200 yards 2 TD with a "knockout" punch delivered in the 4th

Good luck Big Red, I am just having a little fun(you didn't accept me and I am still angry) with this game. And IF Father Ryan wins, please do not start saying that you have 4,236 starters out. That is not possible. You pay good money for that education, so use it and calculate that you cannot have 4,236 starters in one year.

God bless and GO IRISH

Oh yea, and AB to get some bone jarring hits along with the rest of the IRISH D. GO IRISH

my gosh, no kidding! For not having won this game since 1997, Ryan fans are awfully confident about this one. I hope some of these predictions have found their way to the MBA bulletin board.

is there any word from campus? Any attempts to paint the cannons or anything like that last night? Or has that stuff pretty much ended?

Not sure if the cannon painting still happens. In part because Goia moved the cannons off of the front lawn and onto the porch of the Carter Building where they can't be seen from the road. Something about them being Civil War cannons and MBA wants to promote diversity. Anyway, this hasn't been much of a rivalry lately so I'm not sure if many pranks are still being pulled.

Big Red Dog, I agree that trickeration will have to be the name of the game for the Big Red tonight if they want to get any sort of passing game going on. As for the cannons, I don't remember them being painted when I was there. I think they spray painted the field or something and then we hung 40 on em again and that was that.

This game not being a rivalry started with Bowers and has continued with Rutledge. Last seasons game was a close 14-7 victory for MBA and I look for the game today to be another close one. If Ryan plays smart and does not have more than one turnover they should win with the score being in the 17-7 or 14-7 range.

MBA fans. Make sure that you post a very detailed descripition of the game tomorrow night. I am out of town and want be able to attend or even listen to the game. Good luck to "The Big Red". You need this one boys!

here's the best recap I can come up with from the internet:

--Ryan ran 21 plays for 23 yards and 0 first downs in the first half

--MBA moved it pretty well; scored on a 30-yd TD run by Christian Waddey at end of the 1st.

--Ryan offense came to life mid third quarter and put together a nice drive to set up 1st and goal from the 5. Ryan qb ran it in for TD on the next play but Ryan flagged for holding. Ryan couldn't put it in and missed a FG.

--MBA really didn't do anything much else offensively. Strung together a few 1st downs on their final possession, which came after stopping Ryan on 4th and 10 inside MBA territory but outside FG range. MBA seemed about to deliver the knock-out punch when a Waddey run that would have set up 2nd and short in Ryan territory was called back for holding. Drive stalled and MBA punted to Ryan with 3:00 to go.

--Ryan takes over at their own 30 or so with just under 2:00 to play, and moves it into MBA territory...at the +30, with 00:50 left, Ryan qb throws an int on 3rd down. MBA kneels out the clock for the win.

Edited by big red big blue

Where are you ole dad... With your three touchdown victory prediction.... The only problem is that I totally agreed with your prediction... I am neither Ryan or MBA but have seen both teams several times... I really felt that Ryan would man handle MBA... Congrats Big Red... this is a huge season saving win

Good game atmosphere at MBA tonight - both sides virtually full and both full of energy.

big red big blue's summary pretty much sums it up. MBA dominated first half; Ryan the second. Game stats will fall in line with the score, although Ryan did outgain MBA by probably 10-20 total yards. MBA missing out on a TD early in the first quarter with 1st and goal at the 1 could have really put FRHS on its heels, but Waddey's score later in the first holds.

The streak continues, despite MBA still being decimated by injuries; still, the team with the better game plan won tonight. A good "ole" win. B)

For a team that won 5 games in the 3 years before Lussier arrived 5-5 is a big turnaround....Yahoo is correct. Now 8 or 9 wins in this season and a BIG YAHOO is correct.

Stand By!

Ole Dad

Beating BGA (0=6) will get you your five to get to the playoffs, which is the important part. Now to get to 8 wins as you say, it will take a sweep of Baylor-BA-McCallie. Good luck. MBA has to win one from those same three just to make the playoffs. Don't know if you have seen this, but thought you might like to read it.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=52413