JPII vs Harding

Knightime

I say JPII wins by 10 34-24.

I look over Hardings schedule and they have played only small schools DIV-2A and DIV1-AA and just beat Knoxville Webb. Are you helping your team or hurting them by playing a soft opening schedule? I understand this may give your team confidence but what is going to happen when they play a good team like ECS.

Is Harding staying in Div2-A next year? Anybody seen Harding Play?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say JPII wins by 10 34-24.

I look over Hardings schedule and they have played only small schools DIV-2A and DIV1-AA and just beat Knoxville Webb. Are you helping your team or hurting them by playing a soft opening schedule? I understand this may give your team confidence but what is going to happen when they play a good team like ECS.

Is Harding staying in Div2-A next year? Anybody seen Harding Play?

Nobody has responded to your post but me. Where have all the loyal supporters of the JPII Knights gone. They have left this board faster than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I predict a victory for JPII, but their defense continues to struggle. I won't predict a score, do not know enough about Harding. But I agree with you, their schedule seems to be weaker than JPII's. Anyway, good luck and hope the team stays injury free. :) PS. Where are you at JPII fan, it usually takes me awhile to read all your posts. :lol:

Nobody has responded to your post but me. Where have all the loyal supporters of the JPII Knights gone. They have left this board faster than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I predict a victory for JPII, but their defense continues to struggle. I won't predict a score, do not know enough about Harding. But I agree with you, their schedule seems to be weaker than JPII's. Anyway, good luck and hope the team stays injury free. :ph34r: PS. Where are you at JPII fan, it usually takes me awhile to read all your posts. :thumb:

Its been great not having to hear JP2 Fan's ignorant comments lately!

Wow fallen to page three. Time to bump it up. Where are all the JPII fans or even the Harding fans.

From what I have learned Harding is Staying in DII-A next year so I guess that is why they are playing the smaller schools like Tipton.

Also I have learned that Harding has opened up their offense from last year and spreading it out and running a "Run & Shoot". This could be a problem for the JPII d-fense. From what I have seen the d-backs for JPII have a tendency to get caught looking in the back field because of the Line and Backers having a ard time with the run.

If JPII can play solid D then they will come out on top.

Any Harding Fans Out there?

Dropping games against Goodpasture and ECS has dampened the spirits but, the season is not over yet. The Harding game is a region game and JPII has a lot to play for and prove. Harding is 6-0 and playing well this year. We are 3-3 and need a big road win, just like last week.

For those not going over to Memphis, tune in to schoolsportsradio.com, I will start the Statewide Stadium Show at 6:30 with kickoff at 7 cst. Also check out our other schools who have joined the network and see the benefits it gives to the fans. If your not giving your fan base the opportunity to hear there favorite school your missing the boat. Join schoolsportsradio.com today! Call Dean Johnson at 931-215-7737. :lol:

Nobody has responded to your post but me. Where have all the loyal supporters of the JPII Knights gone. PS. Where are you at JPII fan, it usually takes me awhile to read all your posts. :(

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside that everyone has missed me soooo. Not that I owe anyone an excuse but family health issues have diminished my message board posting. So thanks for the prayers and good wishes fieldman you are ultimate hypocrit! :rolleyes:

I feel so warm and fuzzy inside that everyone has missed me soooo. Not that I owe anyone an excuse but family health issues have diminished my message board posting. So thanks for the prayers and good wishes fieldman you are ultimate hypocrit! :rolleyes:

The only hypocrite(correct spelling) is you, JP2Fan. You try and wish the Irish well and root for them and then you turn around and run your mouth about them. since you like to bash the Irish i think i'll do the same. From what I hear, Harding was the better team but once again pope got lucky in OT.

Congrats JPII on a great win. If you can win out there is a home playoff game in the cards.

Could Be.

Just to add a Recap of last nights game. Before we talk Playoffs.

It was a kind of a wierd game. Both teams put up 14 points before the 6 minute mark of the first quarter. Both teams then played some better defense and traded scores in the 3rd. JPII went up 28-21 on a 99 yard drive mostly running the ball with a couple key 3rd and 4th down conversions.

Harding then got the ball back on thier 19 with about 2 min left in the 4th quarter. The Second play of their drive a Harding recieve caught a ball, ran for 2 yards and fumbled it. JPII recovered. One Ref signaled JPII ball.. pretty much game over but then the dreaded Ref Conference and it was ruled an incomplete pass. (Harding Still has Life)

Hadring then moved the ball out to their 45 and had a 4th and 15 with less than a minute to go. They pulled out some kind of modified Fumble-ruseky play where a kid who couldn't be 5' tall takes the ball off the ground and goes 14.9 yards behind the entire left side of the Harding line, gets tackled, fumbled and the ball goes out right past the marker. (Still harding has life)

After a good run Harding has the ball on the JPII 20 with about 30 some seconds left, Their QB throws the best pass of his night a bullet across the middle for a TD and with the PAT ties the Game. With 27 seconds left JPII moves the ball down the field and gets to the Harding 40 with 7.9 seconds left JPII throws a long one and the ball is caught and the JPII reciever got knocked out at the 1 yard line as time expires. OT Comming.

The second play of OT Harding throws a Jump ball fade route to the corner. Tate was Defending and both players are about 9 or 10 feet up and both had the ball in the air but as they came down Golden managed to strip the ball. Harding Stopped! (Play of the Game) JPII's shot at OT. The next play it was all over. Golden takes the ball to the right gets the corner and races into the end zone for the win.

As a Football fan it was a good game to watch as a JPII fan the roller coaster turns were difficult to handle. The JPII D-fense did struggle at times but I did see a team that didn't let the same mistakes happen twice. I think They are starting to play a bit smarter, but still have to work on wrapping up and containment.

On to the possible Playoff picture

JPII has the following game left.

BGA Who is out of the Playoffs and has not won a game. (Regional Game)

Franklin Co. Who are 2-4 and need 3 of 4 to get in the post season (This one could be a Squeaker for JPII, Franklin Co. Home Comming)

St. Benedicts who needs 2 of 3 to get in.. Regional Game (JPII could be their final shot or it might mean nothing)

JPII should take these games, and if Knox-Webb wins one more the Post season would look something like.

ECS Vs Knox-Webb at ECS....A six hour drive to play a game..Wow, That has got to wear on a team. If this is how the playoffs pan out ECS will have crossed the state to play Webb the week before in the final season game and then Webb will drive back across the state to play ECS in a playoff.

JPII Vs Harding at JPII ...A rematch of last nights game Hopefully we will get some Middle Tennessee Refs.

Should JPII loose 2 of 3 and Webb and or Benedicts win out it would it would change the entire picture.

If Benedicts does get in it will add a game to the first week Webb vs Benedicts, but were Webb & Benedicts play again. Nashville or Knoxville?

First of all, Harding got the bad side of several bad calls. The pass that was originally called a fumble on Hardings final drive in regulation was incomplete, and even if it was a catch, the ground caused the fumble. Also, on Golden Tate's interception in OT, he did not catch the ball. He even admitted after the game that he did not catch it. The game was at Harding, but Harding still could not get a call. Both teams still played well, but I would like to see a game between these two good teams again. Golden Tate vs Marlon Brown is a great battle.