Volleyball and whatever else

patsfan123

KYDigs, I started this thread so I wouldn't drift off topic in any other thread.

Just out of curiosity, what is the danger of bobby pins/hairclips that requires them to be removed when worn by a vb player? May fall out and be a step on and slide hazard to others? I really would like to know.

I wonder if bratman, nature boy, snraiderfan and arnwine are one and the same? Or does bratman have access to a lot of passwords.

Are there any AAA powerhouses in Chattanooga? or just DII?

do each of the AC coaches have over 500 wins or is that enron... i mean bratman accounting.

will phargis continue to ignore my posts while commenting on everything else in the world.....at least say something without really saying anything.

ND with Partridge is powerful but without Strozak this weekend vulnerable? Which is the valuable one?

AC playday, wasn't norris middle school available?

AC A/AA all state players. Laura Brock is a dynamite vb player, lacking only height. She is going to MTSU. How valid is 39 all staters from AC if Brock isnt major DI caliber. Brittany Carter was pretty good by no one else from ac approaches those levels. A/AA in east tn the last twenty years must have been pretty non-competetive.

ND and KC have the advantage (according to others) of being private schools, but other than the fact they are private and primarily Catholic, the advantage is???????? I guess everyone knows Catholic's are better athletes than other religions or public students. KC's 500ish students have the advantage over ER's 900ish students and AC's 960ish students because ?????

Bratman, next year, KC and AC are the picks to win A/AA after Brockridge leaves and Partridge and others leave ND.

Just clearing the air of things I had in mind..........feel free to add yours or just let this thread be my own private idaho.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note to self: Invade Idaho! :thumb:

I see no true danger in wearing bobby pins and hair clips and stuff, but rules are rules. While they're there, they're gonna be enforced. If we're ignoring rules, we might as well ignore them all.

Where IS ERidger? (Watch him/her reply on this thread!)

If TSSAA didn't make it so easy for people to just "become" an official, we'd likely have better quality folks. But until we fix the supply problem..

PageMan is the best. Nobody should ever charge him to enter a match or tournament.

Is there such a thing as A/AA volleyball in Memphis?

Will Brentwood ever get defeated outright in their district tournament?

Coaches who either know the rules or have an understanding of them are good to work with. Coaches who are ignorant of them are a nightmare.

Are we ever going to play straight FIVB eventually?

...and other random thoughts that haven't quite come together yet.

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

KYDigs, I started this thread so I wouldn't drift off topic in any other thread.

Just out of curiosity, what is the danger of bobby pins/hairclips that requires them to be removed when worn by a vb player? May fall out and be a step on and slide hazard to others? I really would like to know.

I wonder if bratman, nature boy, snraiderfan and arnwine are one and the same? Or does bratman have access to a lot of passwords.

do each of the AC coaches have over 500 wins or is that enron... i mean bratman accounting.

will phargis continue to ignore my posts while commenting on everything else in the world.....at least say something without really saying anything.

ND with Partridge is powerful but without Strozak this weekend vulnerable? Which is the valuable one?

AC A/AA all state players. Laura Brock is a dynamite vb player, lacking only height. She is going to MTSU. How valid is 39 all staters from AC if Brock isnt major DI caliber. Brittany Carter was pretty good by no one else from ac approaches those levels. A/AA in east tn the last twenty years must have been pretty non-competetive.

ND and KC have the advantage (according to others) of being private schools, but other than the fact they are private and primarily Catholic, the advantage is???????? I guess everyone knows Catholic's are better athletes than other religions or public students. KC's 500ish students have the advantage over ER's 900ish students and AC's 960ish students because ?????

Bratman, next year, KC and AC are the picks to win A/AA after Brockridge leaves and Partridge and others leave ND.

Just clearing the air of things I had in mind..........feel free to add yours or just let this thread be my own private idaho.

Pat, I'll try to do better but the only thing I have found was about officials and I did contribute as did posters much better than me. It would help if we knew which part of the state and the District you are in. Some on here know you and I think you are in the East Tennessee area but are you AAA, A/AA, OR 2.

CoachT is a very good site with a wide variety of "opinions". Some one may want to comment on some and leave other things to be debated by whoever wants to get into the "food fight". You set a very wide agenda which will take you whereever you want to go with some of the best "counter punchers" I've seen. If it is like the other thread, you and brat can slug it out and maybe some of us will leave you alone. The floor is yours and the thread can go on "in finitum".

"ND and KC have the advantage (according to others) of being private schools, but other than the fact they are private and primarily Catholic, the advantage is???????? I guess everyone knows Catholic's are better athletes than other religions or public students. KC's 500ish students have the advantage over ER's 900ish students and AC's 960ish students because ?????"

...because they can get players from anywhere they want and publics cant. That's it. No other reason as far as I'm concerned. I dont care about financial aid or anything else. It's all about the geography limitations placed on public schools that gives privates an unfair advantage. We even have girls crossing the river from IN attending the big louisville privates here. These athletes are NOT all coming just for our great catholic education. As soon as public kids are given vouchers to attend any public school they want regardless of where they live, i'll change my opinion.

I dont think anybody should fault KC or ND by playing by the rules set by the TN volleyball powers that be. I just dont agree with the rules. At least your state does have some kind of private state tournament though. TN definately is at least on the right track.

Has nothing to do with being Catholic though. :huh:

KyDigs, i dont know about ky, but in east tn public school players change schools around here like they change their socks. just ask, for example, william blount and heritage why maryville high is so good in football. check the true addresses of some of knox centrals players. the kids (and parents) here go to who's hot and twist the rules to get there. and dont think these public school coaches dont have a hand in it, because they do.

as for KC, i can speak truthfully. they do NOT recruit, in any sport. havent since the 80's, and never have for volleyball. as for volleyball, thats one reason they left the DII division. without recruiting there was no point in playing with those that did. it was futile.

the only KC players i am aware of to transfer in were girls from AC, and that wasnt due to recruiting by KC. KC has no need to recruit, the students and parents come to them, thats why there is a waiting list to get into the school. anyone who thinks they do recruit is just blowing smoke to make themselves feel better or to lessen the effects of getting beat.

Ah haa! So you're a fan of Pat's and can count to 3. Pat who? :)

You wouldn't understand...it's an education thang. :huh:

Good questions P-Fan. Here are some of my thoughts:

There is only one Nature Boy and The Nature Boy is only one.

What is your deal with AC? Is it a coach, player, fan, parent, etc.? It seems obvious to me that you are driven by contempt. I don’t know if you really love KC or really hate AC.

KC is a fine institution, but they should be playing other private schools. I know of no recruiting activities or TSSAA violations. They do have a distinct advantage of drawing athletes from the entire Knoxville area. Public schools can’t (legally) do that, but KC can. Hire a great coach (e.g. Mike Jones) and parents will send their kids to get a great education plus be part of a great athletic program. I also understand that the tuition is subsidized for students that are of the Catholic faith. If true, that is a borderline scholarship.

KyDigs, i dont know about ky, but in east tn public school players change schools around here like they change their socks. just ask, for example, william blount and heritage why maryville high is so good in football. check the true addresses of some of knox centrals players. the kids (and parents) here go to who's hot and twist the rules to get there. and dont think these public school coaches dont have a hand in it, because they do.

as for KC, i can speak truthfully. they do NOT recruit, in any sport. havent since the 80's, and never have for volleyball. as for volleyball, thats one reason they left the DII division. without recruiting there was no point in playing with those that did. it was futile.

the only KC players i am aware of to transfer in were girls from AC, and that wasnt due to recruiting by KC. KC has no need to recruit, the students and parents come to them, thats why there is a waiting list to get into the school. anyone who thinks they do recruit is just blowing smoke to make themselves feel better or to lessen the effects of getting beat.

Happens here too to some degree that some public kids bend the rules to get to the public school they want to play for. Doesn't make it right for those that dont break the rules though.

I never said anything about recruiting. I truly dont think recruiting is even a problem in KY. The athletes, and especially the parents want the kid to play for the top program if they are a star athlete, especially if their in district public team isn't very good. Lets say you have two kids that are both talented volleyball players that play for Podunk County, which is in the next county over from Knox Cath. Podunk has the gym teacher coaching the team because he/she once witnessed a volleyball match on TV. Podunk has 8 kids on the team and these two are the only ones that have any skills at all. One kid's dad owns the local Podunk auto dealership and can afford to send his kid to Knox Cath to play on a better team, and does so. The other kid's dad sweeps the floors at that dealership and cant afford to send his kid to KC and thus the player is forced to play for Podunk, even though there is another "public school" nearby that is out of district she could go to, but cant because of the geography limitations placed on residence. I just dont think that is fair and I'll leave it at that.

Edited by KYdigsTN

KYDigs, i agree, its not fair the other good player was left behind... such is the world a lot of the time.

really, i hear you, but to "hear" others talk about about it, it is out and out recruiting, which isnt true.

NATURE, you seem kinda intelligent, this "i believe" and "i understand" talk is what fans the flames of untruth.

Not sure how you define "powerhouses" (and I'm not saying GPS and Baylor don't have very solid Vball programs, because they both do) but they only have to beat one other team, either each other or Knoxville Webb to go to state. AAA teams in Chattanooga have to go through District, Region and then sub-state matches, to get to state.

ND is a very strong "team" and each of their players is not just valuable but each has a very important role on the "team".

Come on now, just face it, they have God on their side! :lol:

Probably very true.

Can I buy some potatoes?

Good questions P-Fan. Here are some of my thoughts:

There is only one Nature Boy and The Nature Boy is only one.

What is your deal with AC? Is it a coach, player, fan, parent, etc.? It seems obvious to me that you are driven by contempt. I don't know if you really love KC or really hate AC.

KC is a fine institution, but they should be playing other private schools. I know of no recruiting activities or TSSAA violations. They do have a distinct advantage of drawing athletes from the entire Knoxville area. Public schools can't (legally) do that, but KC can. Hire a great coach (e.g. Mike Jones) and parents will send their kids to get a great education plus be part of a great athletic program. I also understand that the tuition is subsidized for students that are of the Catholic faith. If true, that is a borderline scholarship.

Sad to finally conclude that Nature Boy is not the super witty 17 yr old with an orange fro that he/she portrays. The RC Cocola comment was the first clue. Super witty none-the-less. Keep posting!

Privates most certainly have 2 benefits as givens. The ability to draw from all over and the sad but true fact that the families are likely to have more money, and more money TENDS to make it more likely that the kid's athletic career will be better paved. Even if the privates don't have informally formal recruiting practices "the system" makes it so that kids/parents get to choose to recruit themselves to go to privates. Nothing wrong with that, it's the free market at work and if a school or program has proven themselves worthy then people will naturally choose them ...you just can't choose a public school program (as easily :ph34r: ). So, the publics who hang with the privates or beat the privates should be proud, they are bucking the odds.

I wish there weren't so many have nots in VB in Tn. It would be better all the way around if the gap wasn't so huge, everyone would have to learn more and work smarter and everyone would rise continuously together. That's the widespread, abundance of modern programs, environment that the more progressive areas in the country have. There may be a few more haves or barely haves now, but the gap to the have nots seems to be growing wider. Money and time. Don't you wish everyone had alot of both?

I agree with your assessment of the haves and have nots. As I have said before, volleyball is unfortunately a white collar sport. Club ball is not cheap by any means. However, it seems that club ball is the only way to really develop unless you play for one of the elite teams in the state. Even then, club ball is becoming more and more critical to develop the skills needed to play competitively in high school and college.

I want so desperately to respond D-Juice, but it is not worth it. I don’t want to get tangled in the cynical web that he weaves. It reminds me of someone that wants to be successful say bad that they enjoy it when others fail.

Here is my new question for this thread:

Is D-Juice the father of P-Fan?

The national Weather Service has posted a hurricane warning for Anderson County, Tennessee. Hurricane Fro is now a Category III hurricane and the eye of the storm is expected to make landfall about the time the Anderson County volleyball tournament starts this weekend.

Keep an eye out for The Nature Boy. Please enjoy the view, but no autographs. I will be preoccupied with The Fromania.

Free steak dinner to the first one that can post a picture of The Fabulous Ones (The Froinator and Nature Boy) standing next to each other this weekend.