TN 1st and 2nd in U 18 Boys Premier League

stevescarb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure TN is leading in most divisions or in second place. I know this is suppose to increase the amount of TN teams at regionals, but will the lack of competition pay off.

After spending many years in the east and usually having huge goal differntials in the negative, TN is now doing that to other teams from weaker states. In the u-17 boys I think it is around a +25.

I am glad they are having success, but it would be a surprise if TN does not win 4 out of 5 of the divisions. They should be able to beat these teams and good teams win the ones they are suppose to. I am still curious to see how we do against the big 4 in the South East and Disney will be a good indicator this year. The level of competition includes many regional champs and finalist, plus national champs and finalist, as well as state champs from all over.

Good luck the rest of the season and keep representing TN well.

... will the lack of competition pay off.

I'm not sure there's a lack of competition anymore. At regions this year, Jackson, MS beat the Houstonians and the Impact beat the Florida champs (Clearwater). The bracket was decided by one goal.

I wish the alignment had kept us in the East with NC, SC, and GA but that is more because of proximity to the colleges my son is looking at. I understand your point, however. The lower ranked teams in the central grouping have a ways to go but the top teams are worthy.

We'll know more after CASL, right?

Steve

I'm not sure there's a lack of competition anymore. At regions this year, Jackson, MS beat the Houstonians and the Impact beat the Florida champs (Clearwater). The bracket was decided by one goal.

I wish the alignment had kept us in the East with NC, SC, and GA but that is more because of proximity to the colleges my son is looking at. I understand your point, however. The lower ranked teams in the central grouping have a ways to go but the top teams are worthy.

We'll know more after CASL, right?

Steve

You all actually knocked Clearwater out of the quarters last year. If I recall correctly the Houstonians had already advanced by the 3rd game unless they lost big to Jackson. None the less Jackson lost their next game 9-0 against Solar so I would not call that to competitive. I was very impressed with your game against the Houstonians and with a break or two you could have come away with a win or a tie.

The big difference is good teams will make you pay for your mistakes on defense and will limit your opportunities on offense. That is what I saw in the east last year playing those teams. Could you put away those one or two great opportunties, knowing this might be the only chance you have to win the game. Also could you maintain composure on defense knowing one mistake will cost you the game. Now can you do that every game for nine games. I know the lower teams can't do that in the central, but I am not sure even the top ones can do that. I do understand there are 1 or 2 surprises in each age group though.

CASL will be a showcase for you guys this year and I am not sure who you will face. A lot of teams get in at u-17 and u-18 and the exposure is great for the players, but most coaches are more concerned with getting their players seen than winning games. Hopefully Thomas will get some good exposure so get those notices out to those colleges he is interested in attending. Most importantly stay healthy this season.

I don't think we will really know the difference about the move to the central until a few years down the road. But I think the success of the eastern teams over the past few years is primarily due to us being so close to NC, SC, and GA. Atleast we still have the Atlanta Cup, GSA, CASL and RBC tournaments around to get the opportunity to play those teams.

Do you know what the Oklahoma teams are doing for premier league? I have not looked to see how the whole change broke down for the region.

The Eastern teams are better tactically on the whole but we're seeing good talent in Central. Thomas says # 11 from Tupelo is the best player he's faced since playing Solar, which was loaded of course.

The biggest difference we see is the total inconsistancy of the officiating in Central. We were nearly always pleased with the East refs when My older son played. I wish we had stayed in the east, frankly, and wonder why the change was made.

Playing inconsistant competition, with inconsitant officiating, makes your team inconsistant, too.

S

It seems like the teams from Mississippi are putting up the strongest fight. LRFC comes up with some good teams also.

Did you all not play the second game over the weekend? I know there was some bad weather.

I went back last night and looked over the regional results. In almost every age group 5 of the 8 teams eliminated after the first round represent the premier league central. 1 or 2 advanced to extra round play and most were eliminated after their first game.

It will take something special to get by Solar. Still the best team I have seen in that age group. I guess the CAL team that keeps beating them at nationals must be special.

It seems like the teams from Mississippi are putting up the strongest fight. LRFC comes up with some good teams also.

Did you all not play the second game over the weekend? I know there was some bad weather.

The Saturday evening games were blown out by storms. The Impact were scheduled to play Jackson at 8 but it didn't happen. We may play them in Hunstville after taking on Vestavia and the other AL team. That'll be tough.

The Saturday evening games were blown out by storms. The Impact were scheduled to play Jackson at 8 but it didn't happen. We may play them in Hunstville after taking on Vestavia and the other AL team. That'll be tough.

Does Jackson have to play any other games that weekend or is it their only one? That's a bit unlucky. If you win the two Alabama games will the Jackson game be meaningless?

Does Jackson have to play any other games that weekend or is it their only one? That's a bit unlucky. If you win the two Alabama games will the Jackson game be meaningless?

The Jackson game has been rescheduled for Birmingham the weekend of Oct 22. So far, that would be the only game either team plays so it should be even in that respect.

AS far as the standings, if the Impact win the two Alabama games then they win the league no matter what, but that isn't why we're playing. The team wants the competition before Casl and besides, Jackson beat the Impact at regionals and this is a rematch. The boys feel like they let that one get away.

Personally, I'm concerned about the officiating in Alabama. What I've encountered in Birmingham so far is not up to Premier League needs.

• 3 weeks later...

The Knoxville Impact tied Vestavia 2-2 and won their second game to win the Premier league regardless of the outcome of their last game with Jackson.

Vestavia played a great game against the Impact and beat Memphis 2-1.

The Impact play Jackson in Huntsville this weekend. Well done, Boys!

What time and where in Huntsville? I am down there for the Kicks tournament and would like to come watch. Maybe my boys can come see some high level soccer and see what it takes to be a player.

I saw your name for CASL and Disney, what about the GIT this year? Have any of the boys accepted any scholarship offers?

Congrats on the premier league, but more importantly the return to regionals. From what I have heard the fields are bad in Oklahoma. It would be tough to beat the last two locations as far as field quality goes.

Tennesse has won the u-14, u-17, and u-18 boys. Mississippi has the u-15, while the u-16 will come down to Arkansas and Tennessee.