Haywood Co at Obion Co. Central

VOREBS

Well the Rebels will host Haywood Co this Friday at Troy, and this game is a must win for the Rebels. OC needs to get this one in the chase for the play-offs. Haywood is a very athletic bunch, but have struggled thru the season. OC will be looking to rebound from a tough, hard fought loss to Covington. Look for OC to get back on track, and get the win in the next to last home game of the regular season for the Rebels. So...what do you think about this one??

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Rebels will host Haywood Co this Friday at Troy, and this game is a must win for the Rebels. OC needs to get this one in the chase for the play-offs. Haywood is a very athletic bunch, but have struggled thru the season. OC will be looking to rebound from a tough, hard fought loss to Covington. Look for OC to get back on track, and get the win in the next to last home game of the regular season for the Rebels. So...what do you think about this one??

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well VOREBS, you know as well as I do that this Haywood bunch is gonna be massive up front just as they were last year. The Rebels last year could not run the ball at all on the Tomcats. I believe to be successful this year, Coach Bowling is gonna have to put a few new wrinkles in the offense. Maybe pass a few more times to loosen Haywood up. The Dyer Co. game proved that Coach could come up with some different things to come up with a win. But it is important not to get away from Rebel football like we did in the Crockett game. A defensive effort like the one agaisnt Covington coupled with two or three scores from the offense should provide a Rebel win.

Edited by rebfan65

Haywood Co is the only team since Bowling has been in Troy that has stopped this offense cold....Now,I'm not so sure it was anything the coaching staff at Haywood did as much as they had a dominating nose guard in Dishon Robinson....His number was 31 and I'm totally sure that our center remembers that game..I would highly doubt they have another noseguard that compares with that man-child.....They do have a very good defense though led by Alabama-signee Alex Watkins.....I wouldn't be too afraid of saying Haywood's defense may even be better than Covington's..I have said that they are going to rise up and bite somebody in the butt and ruin a season for some team...I know the Rebs are not going to be looking at the Tomcat's 1-5 record,especially when they watch film on them..They will not overlook the Tomcats...If the Rebs can somehow get three scores,in any fashion they will win this game...Haywood is having alot of trouble on the offensive side of the ball...The Rebels still have a great opportunity for the play-offs...This is MUST win....I think the Rebs will come out on top,but it won't be easy....

Haywood Co is the only team since Bowling has been in Troy that has stopped this offense cold....Now,I'm not so sure it was anything the coaching staff at Haywood did as much as they had a dominating nose guard in Dishon Robinson....His number was 31 and I'm totally sure that our center remembers that game..I would highly doubt they have another noseguard that compares with that man-child.....They do have a very good defense though led by Alabama-signee Alex Watkins.....I wouldn't be too afraid of saying Haywood's defense may even be better than Covington's..I have said that they are going to rise up and bite somebody in the butt and ruin a season for some team...I know the Rebs are not going to be looking at the Tomcat's 1-5 record,especially when they watch film on them..They will not overlook the Tomcats...If the Rebs can somehow get three scores,in any fashion they will win this game...Haywood is having alot of trouble on the offensive side of the ball...The Rebels still have a great opportunity for the play-offs...This is MUST win....I think the Rebs will come out on top,but it won't be easy....

backintha.....you are correct, Robinson did indeed change the game from the noseguard spot. But as you said he is gon, and while the Tomcats are always tough, I say the Rebs "protect their house" in this one and get the win.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haywood is another bunch that doesn't talk much unless it's basketball season.....

Obion do not let Haywood's record fool you. Although they have not won a game yet they are still a good team comprised of athletes. Haywood has played three games that they could have easily won. They along with Ripley, Dyer Co., and yourselves will battle it out for ONE playoff position(pending that nothing crazy happens and Dyersburg, Crockett, or Covington go on a horrible skid). All four teams backs are to the wall .......this is gonna be good to see how this one ends........good luck to all and happy bidding on that playoff spot!

Haywood is one thing. Athletic. They play sloppy and depend on their pure athleticism to win games. In any other division, this would be plenty, but with the coaching, the athleticism of every other team in the region, and the discipline of all the teams in Region 7, it's just not enough.

I don't think that the Rebs have forgotten last season at all. Haywood was probably the most disrespectful team that we encountered last year. Trash talking and cheap shots were aplenty. There's another added incentive to win.

It's no secret that Dishon Robinson took control of last year's game. The offense should have it a little bit easier this year now that he's gone.

It should be a good game with the playoff picture hanging above it. Good luck to the rebels. I have absolutely no respect for Haywood, so for them, I wish nothing. :thumb:

the big ? is how good will alex watkins play against the option. and will obion run it away from him

They wont run away from him. We'll find out how the rest of the defense behind him stacks up. He is good, no doubt, but he will have a hard time stopping Grooms, Grady, and Calhoun or Clanton by himself. Discipline and execution are the names of the game both running the veer and defending it. OC has more of both.

OC-24

HC-13