Haywood Co at Obion Co. Central

VOREBS

The block was nice. One of the hardest hits I've seen in many, many years at the middle school level. The question is why was Ridgemont's coach calling onside kicks, running the swinging gate and hook and ladder and passes, and keeping starters in until the last minute with a 34-12 lead. Some of Ridgemont's younger kids should have played for more than 1:22. Lake Road could have put in younger kids, but why risk an injury to a small guy playing against RMs starters (who should have been off the field)?? I know RMs #s are down, but there were enough players to take out some of the starters, your son(who is a really good athlete and player) included. Ridgemont has a good team, theres no question, but the coaching staff should be ashamed.:( What goes around comes around.

"What goes around comes around".....It sure does... :thumb: Our coaches have nothing to be ashamed of..They have taken their lumps by teams in this county many times over.....

Don't try to start anything like that...There have been instances this year where LR has done the same thing...Ex..Why call timeout on Hillcrest on first down and less than a minute to play when all was needed was a kneel down....This goes on by all programs in this county all the time..It's nothing new....And hey,It's kind of like Steve Spurrier's philosophy,"they were still scoring,why should we stop?"And another thing,the only ones that it is bothering is the parents..The kids will all be running around together tonight at the ballgame....Get over it...If you have a kid or a brother that will play for LR next year you will get the chance to get revenge..But in the meantime,we are all Rebels and we got Haywood County tonight,where there will be a whole bunch of former Mustangs and Generals playing together with one thing on their mind....T.O.M.C.A.T.S... :thumb:Do you think Savion(General),Steven(Mustang),Garrett(Cougar) or Chase(Eagle) are worried about last night???...Me either....Do you think those guys think one minute of the beatings Garrett's Cougars put on the county teams and Union City his 8th grade year??...Me either....Do you think Shawn or Chase Bowling are going to be thinking about last night's game next year when they are playing together as Rebels??...Me either...

I'll tell you the ones that should be ashamed is the person or persons responsible for getting the volunteer assistant coaches for both squads booted from the sidelines....These guys(1 from LR and 3 from Ridgemont) worked many,many hours helping and giving of their time to these kids...Not all of us can or would do it and for them to not be a part of last night's game is pitiful,but typical of things that go on in this county....

Edited by backinthaoc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood did win this game 14-12....I'll have to cool down some before I get myself in trouble and type something that shouldn't be typed....Suffice it to say,this was a frustrating loss.... :(

Well the best thing to do is probably to congradulate Haywood. They aren`t as bad as their record may seem. It`s been a tough year for them.

Looks as though extra points haunted Obion.

Well the best thing to do is probably to congradulate Haywood. They aren`t as bad as their record may seem. It`s been a tough year for them.

Thanks VG. It's nice to read something positive about the Tomcats for once.

Edited by stacmot

Volunteer...There are reasons why Haywood was 1-5 coming into the game....They are the same reasons why they will end up no better than 3-7.....I hate it's been a tough year for Haywood..Poor Haywood....But,there are no "best 1-5 teams in the state"...You are 1-5 because you are not a very good team and you do things that lose ballgames....

Having said that.......

This team(Haywood Co) has probably the best overall talent of any team in Region 7-3A....There is absolutely NO reason they should be 2-5....But,they are very undisciplined,they don't take care of the ball,they commit silly penalties.They had a couple of personal foul penalties that should have been called on them...I'm not sure why the officials didn't call them,maybe they were afraid the Haywwod player might pick them up and throw them to the turf also....They tried every possible way in the world to give this game away...This is a team that has found ways to lose in the latter stages of games and they did their best to do the same tonite....Obion Central had multiple chances to win this game,could have put it away early actually....They had some questionable play calls,to say the least,in short yardage situations late in the game..Which really is a shame because the Rebels were light years ahead of what they did offensively against Haywood last year.....

I think I have a pretty good history of giving credit where credit is due...Credit really isn't due here...This was a very sloppily played game,where the more talented individuals won,but the better team lost...

And to people who don't think you have to pay attention to details on the "little things",with all that happened tonite,2 extra points was all that kept this game from at least going to overtime....OC had a high snap on the first one which forced the Rebels to HAVE to go for two when they scored with almost 6 mins left in the game to bring it to 14-12....

Volunteer...There are reasons why Haywood was 1-5 coming into the game....They are the same reasons why they will end up no better than 3-7.....I hate it's been a tough year for Haywood..Poor Haywood....But,there are no "best 1-5 teams in the state"...You are 1-5 because you are not a very good team and you do things that lose ballgames....

Having said that.......

This team(Haywood Co) has probably the best overall talent of any team in Region 7-3A....There is absolutely NO reason they should be 2-5....But,they are very undisciplined,they don't take care of the ball,they commit silly penalties.They had a couple of personal foul penalties that should have been called on them...I'm not sure why the officials didn't call them,maybe they were afraid the Haywwod player might pick them up and throw them to the turf also....They tried every possible way in the world to give this game away...This is a team that has found ways to lose in the latter stages of games and they did their best to do the same tonite....Obion Central had multiple chances to win this game,could have put it away early actually....They had some questionable play calls,to say the least,in short yardage situations late in the game..Which really is a shame because the Rebels were light years ahead of what they did offensively against Haywood last year.....

I think I have a pretty good history of giving credit where credit is due...Credit really isn't due here...This was a very sloppily played game,where the more talented individuals won,but the better team lost...

And to people who don't think you have to pay attention to details on the "little things",with all that happened tonite,2 extra points was all that kept this game from at least going to overtime....OC had a high snap on the first one which forced the Rebels to HAVE to go for two when they scored with almost 6 mins left in the game to bring it to 14-12....

backintha.........where to start? Well I do agree with you, the better team did NOT win last night. Haywood has good atheletes, but OC is a better football team. OC simply did not take care of the ball in key situations. The Rebs could make an argument that the game should have not been close, as if not for the turnovers, which were not forced, they have at least two more scores. But the fumbles did occur, and now the Rebels are in a tuff spot. As for the "late" hits, there were several, and I like you do not understand when the ref is standing there watching it, how this is not called. OC had so many chances to win this game, but somehow seemed to stop itself. Now this bunch will have to regroup and play on, as there are still ways for OC to make the play-offs, but now OC must have some help.

Oh and yes #1 did have a huge hit, in fact he had several.

as always.....GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What goes around comes around".....It sure does... :thumb: Our coaches have nothing to be ashamed of..They have taken their lumps by teams in this county many times over.....

Don't try to start anything like that...There have been instances this year where LR has done the same thing...Ex..Why call timeout on Hillcrest on first down and less than a minute to play when all was needed was a kneel down....This goes on by all programs in this county all the time..It's nothing new....And hey,It's kind of like Steve Spurrier's philosophy,"they were still scoring,why should we stop?"And another thing,the only ones that it is bothering is the parents..The kids will all be running around together tonight at the ballgame....Get over it...If you have a kid or a brother that will play for LR next year you will get the chance to get revenge..But in the meantime,we are all Rebels and we got Haywood County tonight,where there will be a whole bunch of former Mustangs and Generals playing together with one thing on their mind....T.O.M.C.A.T.S... :thumb:Do you think Savion(General),Steven(Mustang),Garrett(Cougar) or Chase(Eagle) are worried about last night???...Me either....Do you think those guys think one minute of the beatings Garrett's Cougars put on the county teams and Union City his 8th grade year??...Me either....Do you think Shawn or Chase Bowling are going to be thinking about last night's game next year when they are playing together as Rebels??...Me either...

I'll tell you the ones that should be ashamed is the person or persons responsible for getting the volunteer assistant coaches for both squads booted from the sidelines....These guys(1 from LR and 3 from Ridgemont) worked many,many hours helping and giving of their time to these kids...Not all of us can or would do it and for them to not be a part of last night's game is pitiful,but typical of things that go on in this county....

I agree that the volunteer coaches should have been allowed to work this game. i know that all 4 had worked hard all season to help the teams. It is a shame they were unable to be part of the game on the field, where they should have been.

I agree that the volunteer coaches should have been allowed to work this game. i know that all 4 had worked hard all season to help the teams. It is a shame they were unable to be part of the game on the field, where they should have been.

I'm going to say one more thing about the jr high championship before the moderators shut this down for talking middle school stuff....

The Mustangs played a game against Sharon in which they won 56-38...They put their "B" team in before half...Sharon was awful...But,their guys scored on almost every play against our younger guys..Had we put our "B" team in early against Lake Road,they would have come back and won the game in a very short period of time and LR would not have put in their younger kids and rightly so...The Generals scored very easily and very quickly on our younger kids...The kids at Ridgemont(8th graders)were in their last game and the coaches "let them play" at the end of the game...If that bothers some,you know,I can't help that...It is NOT the responsibilty of OUR coaches to make YOUR team feel good...The LR coaches have the responsibilty to get their team ready to play and they didn't,point blank...All this,"we were nervous because it was the first time our kids had been to the Rebel Bowl" is bogus and just excuses..The Generals got it handed to them from the opening kickoff,plain and simple...If the coaches and players at LR want to get revenge,basketball season is coming up soon and these two schools play each other at least twice...You guys will get the opportunity to get a little "payback"..But let me warn you now,these Mustangs are better at basketball than football and almost all the guys that were on the football team play basketball....

VOREBS...I'm not directing this post to you...I absolutely agree the volunteer coaches not being on the sideline was shameful.....I'll tell you what I would like to see...I would like to see our county teams consolidate and play together...We could do like the youth league does...I think we could join the athletic conference that Union City,Dyersburg,Humboldt,Lake County and Halls is in(may be another team or two in that conf.)It would greatly help our high school team in that we would see better competition earlier and would promote the OC Rebel"team concept" other than the 4 feeder schools being against each other and the fans being against each other, which does happen and continues after these kids get to OCCHS...I think it is something that needs to be looked at....

Now,I'm putting this subject to bed.... :thumb:

Edited by backinthaoc

backintha.........where to start? Well I do agree with you, the better team did NOT win last night. Haywood has good atheletes, but OC is a better football team. OC simply did not take care of the ball in key situations. The Rebs could make an argument that the game should have not been close, as if not for the turnovers, which were not forced, they have at least two more scores. But the fumbles did occur, and now the Rebels are in a tuff spot. As for the "late" hits, there were several, and I like you do not understand when the ref is standing there watching it, how this is not called. OC had so many chances to win this game, but somehow seemed to stop itself. Now this bunch will have to regroup and play on, as there are still ways for OC to make the play-offs, but now OC must have some help.

Oh and yes #1 did have a huge hit, in fact he had several.

as always.....GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the MAJOR thing the guys and fans have to do is not start pointing fingers...OC should be 7-1 3-1 right now..The last two games have been bitter,bitter pills to swallow....I think it's going to be very difficult for the coaches to keep these guys on a "football page" the next two weeks...The guys won't be in school to kind of stay focused in that way....Senior Night is next Friday..It will be an emotional time...The Rebs are not facing a juggernaut in Chester County,which will add to the focus factor......OC can still finish 7-3 3-3..That would be a big accomplishment..But,we as parents and fans or coaches can't play the game for them...They have to want it...They have to want it real bad or this could be a very disappointing end to what could have been a special year for the Rebels...The 8th grade guys will get to hang out with the football team Friday night...It will be the first and only time my two sons will be on the same sideline together for a game..I'm looking forward to that...I'm not looking forward to going out on that field with Steven for his last time...That will be awful emotional. Steven has put his heart and soul into this program and has missed out on some things non-athletes get to experience in high school.I'm very proud of him and his coaches and teammates..They are a joy to be around..Although,I'm a UC grad,I would have had it no other way having Steven go to OC and be a Rebel... :thumb:

I'm looking forward to 4 more years with Shawn beginning his Rebel career next fall....

I think the MAJOR thing the guys and fans have to do is not start pointing fingers...OC should be 7-1 3-1 right now..The last two games have been bitter,bitter pills to swallow....I think it's going to be very difficult for the coaches to keep these guys on a "football page" the next two weeks...The guys won't be in school to kind of stay focused in that way....Senior Night is next Friday..It will be an emotional time...The Rebs are not facing a juggernaut in Chester County,which will add to the focus factor......OC can still finish 7-3 3-3..That would be a big accomplishment..But,we as parents and fans or coaches can't play the game for them...They have to want it...They have to want it real bad or this could be a very disappointing end to what could have been a special year for the Rebels...The 8th grade guys will get to hang out with the football team Friday night...It will be the first and only time my two sons will be on the same sideline together for a game..I'm looking forward to that...I'm not looking forward to going out on that field with Steven for his last time...That will be awful emotional. Steven has put his heart and soul into this program and has missed out on some things non-athletes get to experience in high school.I'm very proud of him and his coaches and teammates..They are a joy to be around..Although,I'm a UC grad,I would have had it no other way having Steven go to OC and be a Rebel... :thumb:

I'm looking forward to 4 more years with Shawn beginning his Rebel career next fall....

I agree with you about it being emotional. It will be the last time I get to see my nephew #4 Matt Craddock at home in a Rebel uniform. From his days at Lake Road as "Coon Dawg" until now has brought me so much enjoyment. He has been a good player for the Rebel program over the past couple of years and I will miss coming to watch him play when this season is over. Go out there and get em' "Coon Dawg"! :angry:

I agree with you about it being emotional. It will be the last time I get to see my nephew #4 Matt Craddock at home in a Rebel uniform. From his days at Lake Road as "Coon Dawg" until now has brought me so much enjoyment. He has been a good player for the Rebel program over the past couple of years and I will miss coming to watch him play when this season is over. Go out there and get em' "Coon Dawg"! :thumb:

I love his passion....He played his guts out last night..As always..