Friday Night Lights

QueenBee

I've watched it every week, but had to call my son in to watch a couple of scenes last night. One of the tackles where the player jump, catches the ball and then is hit and laid out before coming back to ground looked like a play made by Greenbrier against Marshall County. And then there was the play where the QB got dropped at the line that would have gotten the win. That also looked like Greenbrier a couple of weeks ago, I'm sorry to say.

I agree also about the coaching on this show. Can you imagine a coach today calling his team together at the drop of a hat at night, and taking them out to do wind sprints in the rain? It would turn the PTA on it's ear now days, but it would make a team tough.

Good show. In fact I started a thread on this same show last week. The thread was closed because it "was not about Tennessee football." Hopefully this one will get overlooked.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually enjoyed last night's episode....

So did my wife, and that just further let me know thats its more soap opera than sports. I thought it was ok until the sprints through a pond, uphill, in the rain. Then they guy making out with his best friends girl, and everybody thats seen the show knows the situation with his best friend. And then, just for a some extra added drama they bring in the thug Qb who looks like he will never buy into the coach's over the top approach. I think NBC is trying to compete with Dancing With the Stars, so they have to make women interested in this show. Thats why its a soap opera with a football theme, I'm waiting for the new QB to find out he's the coach's long lost son. :huh:

So did my wife, and that just further let me know thats its more soap opera than sports. I thought it was ok until the sprints through a pond, uphill, in the rain. Then they guy making out with his best friends girl, and everybody thats seen the show knows the situation with his best friend. And then, just for a some extra added drama they bring in the thug Qb who looks like he will never buy into the coach's over the top approach. I think NBC is trying to compete with Dancing With the Stars, so they have to make women interested in this show. Thats why its a soap opera with a football theme, I'm waiting for the new QB to find out he's the coach's long lost son. :lol:

I bet The new QB ends up "hooking" up with the coach's daughter :thumb:

That show was filmed here where I work and if you look closely you can find me in the pilot and some other episodes. They are here about every 3 weeks to film some more and they film during everyone of our games. We are the Pflugerville Panthers and they use our jerseys and stuff. Really been fun to see but I think it has been a distraction for our team.

That show was filmed here where I work and if you look closely you can find me in the pilot and some other episodes. They are here about every 3 weeks to film some more and they film during everyone of our games. We are the Pflugerville Panthers and they use our jerseys and stuff. Really been fun to see but I think it has been a distraction for our team.

Pflugerville, TX? I have friends that live there. Actually when they first told me they had moved there I thought they were making up the name of the town...running from the law or something.. :angry: Is it close to Austin?

Just out of curiousity, what brings you to CoachT since you live in Texas?

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Thats a whole heck of alot cooler than the show.

So did my wife, and that just further let me know thats its more soap opera than sports. I thought it was ok until the sprints through a pond, uphill, in the rain. Then they guy making out with his best friends girl, and everybody thats seen the show knows the situation with his best friend. And then, just for a some extra added drama they bring in the thug Qb who looks like he will never buy into the coach's over the top approach. I think NBC is trying to compete with Dancing With the Stars, so they have to make women interested in this show. Thats why its a soap opera with a football theme, I'm waiting for the new QB to find out he's the coach's long lost son. :justwrestle:

Im glad you posted that so that I didnt have to do all that typing. :lol:

I have to say that this show is 3.5 maybe.It has gotten better,but I agree,it has been overacted some.I like Two-A-Days more,Reality is better when it comes to sports.I hope that ESPN does Knight School again by the way.Being an Alabama fan and keeping up with Alabama HS Football,it makes me excited that we have a chance with Ross Wilson.

I grew up in Lewis County and went to school at Freed Hardeman. Been on Coacht since early on!! The pay and the athletes are better where I am at and the in-laws are about an hour away. With a 20 month old that helps!!!

I found out our TX friends kids graduated from John Connally High. I've never been to any other parts of Texas except Dallas (airport), and a trip years ago to see family in Waxahachie.

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2' post='826210105' date='Oct 25 2006 - 11:52 PM']

I found out our TX friends kids graduated from John Connally High. I've never been to any other parts of Texas except Dallas (airport), and a trip years ago to see family in Waxahachie.

It's getting pretty good now. It will be interesting to see if the QB ends up dating the coach's daughter