Friday Night Lights

QueenBee

I was disappointed. The reason- I turned it off after about 2 minutes. How can you watch a show with your family with the language like that on TV. I have a 6 year old son who just loves football and how can I expose him to that. I am sure the action was great but is that show a reflection of football? It might be but not where I come from. That show can give football, to parents, a very bad name.

Just an opinion.

I was disappointed in the drinking that I saw ( I think that is what I have been seeing) as well as the bad language that is being used. WIth a show about football, you know that many teenagers are going to watch it. They could still have a good show without the unnecessary.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed in the drinking that I saw ( I think that is what I have been seeing) as well as the bad language that is being used. WIth a show about football, you know that many teenagers are going to watch it. They could still have a good show without the unnecessary.

It's just trying to be realistic. To say that teenagers haven't ever seen/heard of anybody doing anything like that is really being ignorant. I think it's a little over the top, but so is the rest of the show.

However, I have no problem with the show's depiction of the high school drinking.

As a parent myself and also going through High school everyone knows a bunch of kids drink. They also use the language but we can't keep them that sheltered from it, even though we try. The show is great entertainment, My son and My self havent missed an episode yet, awesome show hopefully there will be more than 1 season.

You should really be watching "Days of Our Lives". :lol:

or writing for them... last episode... coach picked up new qb from hospital and took him to daughter's dance recital cause he was late... after he had told him to take the girl he was interested in to the backseat .... at the end of the recital... qb was flirting with coaches daugher ... coaches response... I think i told him to get my daughter in the back seat..................... :lol:

Edited by cowgirl

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2' post='826210105' date='Oct 26 2006 - 12:52 AM']

I found out our TX friends kids graduated from John Connally High. I've never been to any other parts of Texas except Dallas (airport), and a trip years ago to see family in Waxahachie.

I had a good friend in the Marines from Waxahachie. Are you related to any Bakers?

They are coming this afternoon to film another pep rally in our gym. All the stars are supposed to be here and they get about 300 of our students to be the cheering section. They usually give away prizes and stuff through the night. Kinda neat to see the whole production thing get organized. They brought in some lights that go on the end of our courts that are easily the brightest I have seen.

Edited by sportsman

They are coming this afternoon to film another pep rally in our gym. All the stars are supposed to be here and they get about 300 of our students to be the cheering section. They usually give away prizes and stuff through the night. Kinda neat to see the whole production thing get organized. They brought in some lights that go on the end of our courts that are easily the brightest I have seen.

What school are they visiting??

its coming on monday for only this week.

I love the show and the movie, but everyone should read the book

Yes the book and movie are pretty darn good :D