District 11AA

Big Country

Basketball season is right around the corner and there are some teams in this district that will be loaded seeing as how they return a lot from last year.

My Predictions:

1.) Harpeth: Giltner & Newton lead the way for last year's tourney champs

2.) Cheatham Co.: Don Dansby & Joey Beach return to a much improved team

3.) Sycamore: Farmer is gone BUT both Lohin & Kinman return for the War Eagles

4.) Stewart Co.: Jake West returns after leading the Rebels to the regionals last yr.

5.) Montgomery Central: Cody Dunn might be the MVP of the entire district

There are my preseason picks to possibly win the district. All of those teams have a legit shot at getting to the regional tourney this upcoming season :thumb:

#'s 6-8 I have no business guessing because I really can't tell you all a thing about Creek Wood, Waverly, or Fairview. I do know that Fairview really improved down the stretch last year and if they return anything to this year's team they'll be one of those pesky teams that none of the three top seeds will want to open the district tourney against when that time comes. Waverly's final piece from their great teams of a few years back, DJ Reid, is finally gone. I've got to wonder how the Tigers will react after what was a "down year" for them last season. Creek Wood was just two points (in a game that they simply blew down the stretch) from going to the regional tourney last year.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my predictions are:

1 Harpeth: With a projected starting line up of Newton Baker Giltner Jones and Trey Caruthers look for a very fast pace game this year from the Indians

2 Cheatham Co.: Their core is coming back look for a good year for the Cubs.

3 Sycamore: Austin Lohin is still one of the best athletes in the district and aslong as they have him they're always a threat.

4 Creek Wood: This is my sleeper pick for the district. I think they are better than Stewart Co. who faded down the stretch last year.

5 Stewart Co.: Jake West is still there and can play a little bit of basketball.

6 Mont central: Cody Dunn can't do it all by himself and sometimes lets his emotions get the best of him.

7 Fairview: Improved over last year they have some nice young players plus they have a player to watch, one of the best pure shooters in the district, Drew Bledsoe and a very quick point gaurd D.J. something

8 Waverly: Another rebuilding year for the Blue Crew.

well my predictions are:

1 Harpeth: With a projected starting line up of Newton Baker Giltner Jones and Trey Caruthers look for a very fast pace game this year from the Indians

2 Cheatham Co.: Their core is coming back look for a good year for the Cubs.

3 Sycamore: Austin Lohin is still one of the best athletes in the district and aslong as they have him they're always a threat.

4 Creek Wood: This is my sleeper pick for the district. I think they are better than Stewart Co. who faded down the stretch last year.

5 Stewart Co.: Jake West is still there and can play a little bit of basketball.

6 Mont central: Cody Dunn can't do it all by himself and sometimes lets his emotions get the best of him.

7 Fairview: Improved over last year they have some nice young players plus they have a player to watch, one of the best pure shooters in the district, Drew Bledsoe and a very quick point gaurd D.J. something

8 Waverly: Another rebuilding year for the Blue Crew.

Ahhh, if it isn't one of my Harpeth boys, i aint heard from yall in forver..hows it been?

ya'll are abt to get the WHOLE harpeth crew back!!!!! i think K-town11 got it right, HHS all the way

The only big loss I believe Jamie Wilson is going to have to deal with is Scott Erland. He was a tremendous player down low who had great range out on the perimeter. I heard Giltner hit a pretty big growth spurt and gained somewhere around 4 inches in height :angry: Is that true Harpeth folks????

I can't wait for this Region's play to get underway. Sycamore and Harpeth look even better, Cheatham Co. will also bring added pressure to the table. I like the Rebels, though losing Wojtal and Wallace will hurt their Defense a bit..they have a pretty hefty schedule upcoming, so maybe that will toughen 'em up. Good luck boys!

1. Harpeth - Very tough squad, lookin' sharp and ready to win another tournament

2. Sycamore - Great shooting, talented athleticism

3. Stewart County - you never know. With West and Lancaster, the push could come this year. I'm just opening some options up

4. Cheatham County

5. Creekwood

6. Montgomery Central

7. Waverly

8. Fairview

I can't wait for this Region's play to get underway. Sycamore and Harpeth look even better, Cheatham Co. will also bring added pressure to the table. I like the Rebels, though losing Wojtal and Wallace will hurt their Defense a bit..they have a pretty hefty schedule upcoming, so maybe that will toughen 'em up. Good luck boys!

1. Harpeth - Very tough squad, lookin' sharp and ready to win another tournament

2. Sycamore - Great shooting, talented athleticism

3. Stewart County - you never know. With West and Lancaster, the push could come this year. I'm just opening some options up

4. Cheatham County

5. Creekwood

6. Montgomery Central

7. Waverly

8. Fairview

are you kidding me Stewart County at third i can understand Sycamore and Harpeth infront of Cheatham but not them i mean we drilled them twice last year and the one time they beat us West put up 44 and Don didnt guard him the next two time West only scored 4 and 10 so i dont see them in third