District 11AA

Big Country

DISTRICT 11AA PREVIEW FOR 2007-2008

Creek Wood: they return both Ethan & Brandon Williams to the backcourt next year. Michael Jeppsen is an outstanding shooter who'll return to the team next year. Finally we can't go without mentioning the fact that Ross Primm is also back next year for Coach Taylor's bunch. 2007-2008 will be Creek Wood's best opportunity to date to win the district title,

Cheatham Co.: the Cubs were a team that relied heavily of guard play throughout this season and next year guard play is once again going to be a team strength for Coach John Stigall's bunch. Dontario Dansby has the makings of being an outstanding basketball player. He'll be joined in the backcourt by returning starters Mark Campbell & Tyler Guye next season. Jake Williams is a guy who played key minutes off of the bench throughout this past season and he should be in line to start for the Cubs in 2007-2008.

Fairview: the Jackets were a team that finished towards the bottom of the district this past season but they played some teams tough down the stretch. Coach Ricky Bledsoe's team should improve greatly next year with the return of his son & their star player Drew Bledsoe. Ben Johnson is another returning starter who the folks in Fairview will be expecting big contributions from in 2007-2008.

Harpeth: the 2006-2007 district regular season and tourney champions should be in line to get right back to where they were this past season. Coach Jamie Wilson's bunch will be loaded out on the perimeter next season led by the return of starters Kevin Giltner and Trey Curruthers. Trey's brother Tyler is also going to be returning next season for the Indians as well as will be contributors from this past season's team such as Cody Hudson, Daniel Beasley, Cody Freeman, & Perry Horkins. Folks in Kingston Springs should be expecting big things from Steven Dixon next season as he'll likely step into a starting role.

Montgomery Central: Coach Jimmy Young returns for season number thirty-three on the bench next season and hopefully he won't have to endure as many injuries as he did this past season which is what led to some losses to teams that they shouldn't have lost to in the second half of the season this past year. Demarcus Green and William Lyle are two very athletic forwards who'll give teams in the district fits next season if they are able to stay clear of the injury bug.

Stewart Co.: Coach Bramlett's team has made a complete turnaround from being the doormats of district 11AA to being a team that has to be reckoned with for the district title in just two years. Several seniors that are responsible for this turnaround are now gone but the pieces are in place for this team to get back to the regional tourney next season. 6'6 post player Jacob Taylor will be a player who many of the Dover faithful will rely on next season. He'll be joined by returning players such as Andrew Greenhill, Dylan Smith, & Boone Smith.

Sycamore: the War Eagles might be my pick to win the district next season as they return a load of key players from this past year's region semifinal bunch. Coach Pete Froedden will be back for his second year on the bench for the War Eagles making the first time that this has been the case since Barry Jones' two final years in Pleasant View. Returning with him will be the powerful inside duo of Pierre Mitchell & Travis Dempsey. Aaron Nicholson, Shane Staggs, & Tyler Huston are all guys who played major minutes and all should be starting in the team's backcourt next season to join that awesome front line. Expect contributions from D.J. Anderson & Chase Kilgore next season as well from the War Eagles bench.

Waverly Central is the ONE TEAM in this district that I can honestly say that I don't know what they return to the floor next year. Coach Rawlings and his staff have been rebuilding the last two years after losing 9 SENIORS from that squad that lost at Bolivar Central in the 2004-2005 Sectional. Alex Green is a young man who I thought was a very impressive basketball player from this past year's young squad and if he's returning then that alone will help them out tremendously in their efforts to keep the rebuilding going on in Humphreys County. I need your help in previewing the 2007-2008 Waverly Central Tigers papatiger.

2007-2008 Preseason Predictions will be posted soon :lol:

Waverly loses Alex Green, Jacob Scujrlock and Justin Marek (didn't play this year because of ACL) They return the rest, mostly sophomores and a really good freshman class. In fact I wouldn't doubt if a couple of the freshmen start next year. should be better IMO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISTRICT 11AA PREVIEW FOR 2007-2008

Creek Wood: they return both Ethan & Brandon Williams to the backcourt next year. Michael Jeppsen is an outstanding shooter who'll return to the team next year. Finally we can't go without mentioning the fact that Ross Primm is also back next year for Coach Taylor's bunch. 2007-2008 will be Creek Wood's best opportunity to date to win the district title,

Cheatham Co.: the Cubs were a team that relied heavily of guard play throughout this season and next year guard play is once again going to be a team strength for Coach John Stigall's bunch. Dontario Dansby has the makings of being an outstanding basketball player. He'll be joined in the backcourt by returning starters Mark Campbell & Tyler Guye next season. Jake Williams is a guy who played key minutes off of the bench throughout this past season and he should be in line to start for the Cubs in 2007-2008.

Fairview: the Jackets were a team that finished towards the bottom of the district this past season but they played some teams tough down the stretch. Coach Ricky Bledsoe's team should improve greatly next year with the return of his son & their star player Drew Bledsoe. Ben Johnson is another returning starter who the folks in Fairview will be expecting big contributions from in 2007-2008.

Harpeth: the 2006-2007 district regular season and tourney champions should be in line to get right back to where they were this past season. Coach Jamie Wilson's bunch will be loaded out on the perimeter next season led by the return of starters Kevin Giltner and Trey Curruthers. Trey's brother Tyler is also going to be returning next season for the Indians as well as will be contributors from this past season's team such as Cody Hudson, Daniel Beasley, Cody Freeman, & Perry Horkins. Folks in Kingston Springs should be expecting big things from Steven Dixon next season as he'll likely step into a starting role.

Montgomery Central: Coach Jimmy Young returns for season number thirty-three on the bench next season and hopefully he won't have to endure as many injuries as he did this past season which is what led to some losses to teams that they shouldn't have lost to in the second half of the season this past year. Demarcus Green and William Lyle are two very athletic forwards who'll give teams in the district fits next season if they are able to stay clear of the injury bug.

Stewart Co.: Coach Bramlett's team has made a complete turnaround from being the doormats of district 11AA to being a team that has to be reckoned with for the district title in just two years. Several seniors that are responsible for this turnaround are now gone but the pieces are in place for this team to get back to the regional tourney next season. 6'6 post player Jacob Taylor will be a player who many of the Dover faithful will rely on next season. He'll be joined by returning players such as Andrew Greenhill, Dylan Smith, & Boone Smith.

Sycamore: the War Eagles might be my pick to win the district next season as they return a load of key players from this past year's region semifinal bunch. Coach Pete Froedden will be back for his second year on the bench for the War Eagles making the first time that this has been the case since Barry Jones' two final years in Pleasant View. Returning with him will be the powerful inside duo of Pierre Mitchell & Travis Dempsey. Aaron Nicholson, Shane Staggs, & Tyler Huston are all guys who played major minutes and all should be starting in the team's backcourt next season to join that awesome front line. Expect contributions from D.J. Anderson & Chase Kilgore next season as well from the War Eagles bench.

Waverly Central is the ONE TEAM in this district that I can honestly say that I don't know what they return to the floor next year. Coach Rawlings and his staff have been rebuilding the last two years after losing 9 SENIORS from that squad that lost at Bolivar Central in the 2004-2005 Sectional. Alex Green is a young man who I thought was a very impressive basketball player from this past year's young squad and if he's returning then that alone will help them out tremendously in their efforts to keep the rebuilding going on in Humphreys County. I need your help in previewing the 2007-2008 Waverly Central Tigers papatiger.

2007-2008 Preseason Predictions will be posted soon :lol:

I like this analysis, very accurate. Waverly wont be returning Alex Green, atleast I dont think so, but I expect them to finish around 5 or 6 still in this tough district. Here are my predictions...

1. Harpeth- Giltner will be leading this team, with the likes of the Caruthers' brothers and Cody Hudson. Then you have Cody Freeman and Daniel Beasley along with Perry Horkins. BUT my suprise post is not Steven Dixon, it will in fact be Kendrick Jones(sophomore) kid is a beast!!

X-Factor/Kendrick Jones

Tie 2. CW- Return there starting 5 who in fact beat Harpeth once this past season, along with Cheatham for the third place game in the district Tournament.

X-Factor/Ross Primm(quite simply because he needs to play big for them to have a run at district champs)

Tie 2. Sycamore- Pierre is a beast, defanitely one of if not the most athletic player in the district. Then they still have there Dead Shot's in Nicholson, Huston, and then I think you will see Anderson start shooting very well this coming season. Also Chase Kilgore will be a good 6th man for these guys.

X-Factor/D.J. Anderson

4. Cheatham- Tyler Guye, Mark Cambell, and Jake Williams will be leading this team and it is there decision where they want them to go. Dontario Dansby in my opinion will be better than his older brother and the X-Factor just because of his height and athletic ability, I really look for him to get around 6'4 or so by his Senior year.

X-Factor/Dontario Dansby

5.Waverly- The rest of this district is pretty weak and they were young this year, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and give them 5th.

X-Factor/Cody Gilbert(If I am not mistaken this kid can shoot lights out.)

6.Fairview-Simply because of Drew Bledsoe and Ben Johnson, they were pretty good this year, but not good enough to break top 5.

X-Factor/Drew Bledsoe

7.MC- Demarcus Greene, enough said. :lol:

8.Stewart-Lost there whole team, I mean Jake West.

District Co-MVP Kevin Giltner-Pierre Mitchell

It's true that Harpeth will be more guard oriented next season, but they are so dang deep! I agree that Kendrick Jones will be the post by this time next year, but Dixon will get some minutes in the right situation and the Indians are loaded with 3 point shooters. The sophomore and incoming freshman class both won the TMSAA sectional tournament in middle school against basically the same competition minus Stewart Co., Fairview and Montgomery Central. While it's not exactly the same, it's pretty much the same.

Harpeth

Creekwood

Sycamore

Cheatham

the rest.....

I remember how Stewart Co. was terrible in the district for the longest period of time but you could still see the improvement they were making under Bramlett and with a star young player named Jake West. The last two years that program has gone from being terrible to respectibility.

Next season I look for Fairview to make that same kind of jump. The district is top heavy spots 1-4 with several players returning to all the teams but after that things look shaky. Fairview is a team that improved dramatically down the stretch this past season and I know for a fact that nobody wanted to play them in the opening round of the District 11AA Tourney. They return their top two players next year and appear to be ready to make a push for a possible Region 6AA spot.