District 11AA

Big Country

The only big loss I believe Jamie Wilson is going to have to deal with is Scott Erland. He was a tremendous player down low who had great range out on the perimeter. I heard Giltner hit a pretty big growth spurt and gained somewhere around 4 inches in height <_< Is that true Harpeth folks????

Yea he is probably the tallest or second tallest on the team this year so just watch out

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you kidding me Stewart County at third i can understand Sycamore and Harpeth infront of Cheatham but not them i mean we drilled them twice last year and the one time they beat us West put up 44 and Don didnt guard him the next two time West only scored 4 and 10 so i dont see them in third

Thanks but last time I checked I was entitled to my opinion. I have heart and pride for the Rebels. I Hope they do good..I Hope they do Great. You believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. I think Cheatham has a pretty good team, but you never know how it could come down to it. We don't all have to post the same as you and some others feel.

are you kidding me Stewart County at third i can understand Sycamore and Harpeth infront of Cheatham but not them i mean we drilled them twice last year and the one time they beat us West put up 44 and Don didnt guard him the next two time West only scored 4 and 10 so i dont see them in third

Nah he aint kidding. We dont kno how its gonna come down. This thing can shake up at any screw up point durin the season. i hope the Rebs come out fighting in every game, esp. through the rough schedule comin up in the year. I see it like this:

Top 5 for me: toss-up, early predictions

I say its gonna be very close for the number 1 spot if sycamore keeps their shootin' up, but going to be difficult to stay atop this district

#1 - Sycamore

#2 - Harpeth

#3 - Cheatham County

#4 - Stewart County

#5 - Creekwood

For a good ol' pre-season prediction list...here's my opinion:

1. Harpeth

2. Sycamore

T-3rd : SCHS and CCHS (winner of their series)

5. Creekwood

6. Montgomery Central

7. Fairview

8. Waverly

Harpeth has a heck of team as it appears, contenders for Repeat

...good #1 pick

The War Eagles will come out fightin like usual, watch out there

...solid #2, legit for a #1

The Cubs will try and avenge their 6-8 region standings from last season, not bad squad

...could swing as a #3 or #4, pending games v. SCHS

SC has to be more efficient during the second Half of the season

..could go as low as #5 and end up as high as #3

Creekwood could bring out the darkhorse in the sleeper school

...Red Hawks are a more probable #5, poss. #4 is SCHS or CCHS chokes down the stretch

The remaining 3 are harder to tell, but I see the Indians set at #6 more so than any other spot

For a good ol' pre-season prediction list...here's my opinion:

1. Harpeth

2. Sycamore

T-3rd : SCHS and CCHS (winner of their series)

5. Creekwood

6. Montgomery Central

7. Fairview

8. Waverly

Harpeth has a heck of team as it appears, contenders for Repeat

...good #1 pick

The War Eagles will come out fightin like usual, watch out there

...solid #2, legit for a #1

The Cubs will try and avenge their 6-8 region standings from last season, not bad squad

...could swing as a #3 or #4, pending games v. SCHS

SC has to be more efficient during the second Half of the season

..could go as low as #5 and end up as high as #3

Creekwood could bring out the darkhorse in the sleeper school

...Red Hawks are a more probable #5, poss. #4 is SCHS or CCHS chokes down the stretch

The remaining 3 are harder to tell, but I see the Indians set at #6 more so than any other spot

Good post, except: my Top 4 (in no order)

Cheatham Co. is a good #2 pick.

--->they could go as high as #1, low as #4

Sycamore can shoot, play well

--->high as #2, low as #4 (Doubtful)

Harpeth comes back with a strong team, probable to defend another championship

--->high as #1, low as #3(?)

Stewart Co. can run with ya, hopin to rebound from last year's second-half slump . .but, I have to give the Rebels credit for last season's performance (compare it to recent years) :lol:

--->high as #2, low as #4

Definitely Pre-Season rankings. I'm not as followed up yet, but im sure ready for 11AA ball to start back

Honestly I don't like Cheatham County. I hope they do horrible this season. I'm givin' em props for a prominent looking season, but thats it. I hope Stewart County avenges the two losses it had against them, as well as the lil incident from the 'cool cubs' ppl. Interesting year ahead, good luck REBS!

Basketball season is right around the corner and there are some teams in this district that will be loaded seeing as how they return a lot from last year.

My Predictions:

1.) Harpeth: Giltner & Newton lead the way for last year's tourney champs

2.) Cheatham Co.: Don Dansby & Joey Beach return to a much improved team

3.) Sycamore: Farmer is gone BUT both Lohin & Kinman return for the War Eagles

4.) Stewart Co.: Jake West returns after leading the Rebels to the regionals last yr.

5.) Montgomery Central: Cody Dunn might be the MVP of the entire district

There are my preseason picks to possibly win the district. All of those teams have a legit shot at getting to the regional tourney this upcoming season :thumb:

#'s 6-8 I have no business guessing because I really can't tell you all a thing about Creek Wood, Waverly, or Fairview. I do know that Fairview really improved down the stretch last year and if they return anything to this year's team they'll be one of those pesky teams that none of the three top seeds will want to open the district tourney against when that time comes. Waverly's final piece from their great teams of a few years back, DJ Reid, is finally gone. I've got to wonder how the Tigers will react after what was a "down year" for them last season. Creek Wood was just two points (in a game that they simply blew down the stretch) from going to the regional tourney last year.

Ok now its time for Basketball, i had to wait for Football to officially be over for harpeth, we actually had a chance to go to the playoffs anyways...

1. Harpeth- Def. have Scott Newton stepped up and is now a team leader, which was one of the problems Me and im sure some others thought would be his biggest flaw this year, but he has stepped it up. Josh Jones def. the best defender on the team this year, shutting down Omar Wattad to only 7 points over the summer, and BC if you really like and know about basketball you know how good Omar Wattad is. Kevin Giltner who is the best Junior in 11aa this year and has one of the best if not the best strokes in the district. My sleeper for this year for Harpeth really stepping up will be Chase Baker did good last year but look for him to really step it up this year increasing his vertical to make him a even better down low player, and then has the quickness to take you from outside to in, and if he does that look out because he might jump over you to slam it down...

2. Sycamore- Def. with Lohin and Kinman they are a force to be reckoned with, then I heard you all got a new guy thats 6'4 any truth to that, along with Murray Harris who is a little guy who has a shot could show some problems to a lazy zone or lazy help defense. There is one more guy that I saw last year late in the year, when me and one of the basketball players went to watch Sycamore and Bolivar play that last time, Number 00 he was probably only a freshman or sophomore, but this kid could be very good with an already good shot, and a little heighth to go with it, he could be my sleeper player if he gets in the game.

3. Cheatham- Cheatham County will be sporting the top three in the district. WIth the dual threat of Joey Beech Don Dansby then they have a little help with Tyler Guye, the only thing getting in these guys ways is their attitudes, Don Dansby is going to have to get those other two guys in check if they want to do some damage in this district. If they let the fans get to there heads like last year, then i could see stewart county slippin up on them..

4. Stewart- Jake West is easily one of the best players in the district, but he is going to need some help this year, and Lancaster is here to do it for him, if they can get in there groove then i could see them going to 3 in distict.

5-8 I honestly dont see them doing anything through this district maybe in a couple of hundred years. Sorry But I would like to mention COdy Dunn as well he is a very versatile good player who might single handedly win 3 games all year, im crossing my fingers for him. Sorry your team is terrible this year.

Ok now its time for Basketball, i had to wait for Football to officially be over for harpeth, we actually had a chance to go to the playoffs anyways...

1. Harpeth- Def. have Scott Newton stepped up and is now a team leader, which was one of the problems Me and im sure some others thought would be his biggest flaw this year, but he has stepped it up. Josh Jones def. the best defender on the team this year, shutting down Omar Wattad to only 7 points over the summer, and BC if you really like and know about basketball you know how good Omar Wattad is. Kevin Giltner who is the best Junior in 11aa this year and has one of the best if not the best strokes in the district. My sleeper for this year for Harpeth really stepping up will be Chase Baker did good last year but look for him to really step it up this year increasing his vertical to make him a even better down low player, and then has the quickness to take you from outside to in, and if he does that look out because he might jump over you to slam it down...

2. Sycamore- Def. with Lohin and Kinman they are a force to be reckoned with, then I heard you all got a new guy thats 6'4 any truth to that, along with Murray Harris who is a little guy who has a shot could show some problems to a lazy zone or lazy help defense. There is one more guy that I saw last year late in the year, when me and one of the basketball players went to watch Sycamore and Bolivar play that last time, Number 00 he was probably only a freshman or sophomore, but this kid could be very good with an already good shot, and a little heighth to go with it, he could be my sleeper player if he gets in the game.

3. Cheatham- Cheatham County will be sporting the top three in the district. WIth the dual threat of Joey Beech Don Dansby then they have a little help with Tyler Guye, the only thing getting in these guys ways is their attitudes, Don Dansby is going to have to get those other two guys in check if they want to do some damage in this district. If they let the fans get to there heads like last year, then i could see stewart county slippin up on them..

4. Stewart- Jake West is easily one of the best players in the district, but he is going to need some help this year, and Lancaster is here to do it for him, if they can get in there groove then i could see them going to 3 in distict.

5-8 I honestly dont see them doing anything through this district maybe in a couple of hundred years. Sorry But I would like to mention COdy Dunn as well he is a very versatile good player who might single handedly win 3 games all year, im crossing my fingers for him. Sorry your team is terrible this year.

Good post..bout a month and half until the season is underway. I can't wait to make my way to Cheatham county, plenty of action this season in that area. Always a pleasure to see the Indian fans all steamed up, and same goes for the War Eagle student section..SC 'rowdy rebels' are fun to see(im sure they have the Cheatham Co. game marked already). Looks to be a tougher year than last. High School basketball, you gotta love the atmosphere.