Good quality camera question

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of camera are you looking for Digital still shot or video?

If you are looking for a good digital still shot the Cannon EOS Digital Rebel XT Is a good one my aunt has one and it makes great pictures although it can sometimes be hard to use with all the little settings on there but I think that you can do really well with it. The average cost on it is 799.99

If you are going on just use alone and simplicity any of the Kodak cameras are easy to use.

Now if you want a digital camera.

Alot of people are going to the DVD camcorder. As of right now you can't go wrong with any of the sony models. They can range from 500-1500 dollars.

Although this is just my opinion if you want a real opinion ask Del, he is the camera guy.

You should get one with stabilizing stuff (Sony's digital camera is nice...it has this feature, CyberShot I think it is)...my camera is not very old and I love it, but I already want a new one with the newer technology so my pics come out much better.

Edited by cavfanfolife

I'm looking to purchase a camera and have about $800 to spend. Just wanting everyone's take on the best value camera for the money that's out right now at about $800. Thanks for all replies!

Should you decide to donate any money, I think I should be the first to receive funds :blink:

I have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT...

I can take pictures...

I do not understand anything about this camera other than the Auto setting...but it works for me!!!...

Two of the women that take professional pictures...and the guy that takes the senior pictures...all have the same body as mine...they just have larger lenses...

When I bought my body about two years ago...it was close to $1000...now it's about $800...probably can find it cheaper online...Wolf Camera is having a heck of a sale until the 14th...might want to check them out

Digital is the only way to go...

Thanks everyone for the posts!:D

Here's what I'm thinking about, i think its a great deal, but im not sure:

Here's what the package includes:

Nikon D50 Digital SLR

Sigma 28-70 lens

Sigma 70-300 lens

card reader

3 piece light filter kit

aluminum hard case

delux water proof carrying case

1 Gig of memory

table top tripod

full size tripod

lens cleaning kit

wide angle lens

All for $768.00 on ebay. The seller buys these in gross amounts, and has a 98.3% positive seller rating, on 23,587 votes. What do you guys think?

The Canon looks great with a great price, but by the time you get the lens, you spend almost $1,000.00.

I want your old camera for the SAME price you paid for it!!!

After many 1000s of pics, the mechanism that I use to save the pics to disc works about half the time, kinda like bighurt. I wish I could afford another one like it but I will not get one for what I paid for the first one, that's for sure. :thumb:

For those who don't know (and I guess that is what QueenBee is referring to), Unapproved Website bought me the camera back when they were going strong and I was a publisher with them.