Good quality camera question

coacht, your pictures always look great. im guessing the megapixels used to go back and get that from video is at least 2 megapixels, maybe more. Camcorders with 2+ megapixel still modes dont come along very often at a reasonable price lol

Edited by score3

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, stay away from this offer, most of the stuff is crap.

Good website is herePOTN Canon site?

I own a Canon 30D and a few lens. Go to this site or Fred Miranda and check out what people are saying about the different cameras and just as important, different vendors.

B&H is a quality site.

Thanks everyone for the posts!:thumb:

Here's what I'm thinking about, i think its a great deal, but im not sure:

Here's what the package includes:

Nikon D50 Digital SLR

Sigma 28-70 lens

Sigma 70-300 lens

card reader

3 piece light filter kit

aluminum hard case

delux water proof carrying case

1 Gig of memory

table top tripod

full size tripod

lens cleaning kit

wide angle lens

All for $768.00 on ebay. The seller buys these in gross amounts, and has a 98.3% positive seller rating, on 23,587 votes. What do you guys think?

The Canon looks great with a great price, but by the time you get the lens, you spend almost $1,000.00.

When I bought my body about two years ago...it was close to $1000...now it's about $800...probably can find it cheaper online.

Okay....several questions about this QB.

You bought your body?

It`s only worth 800 now..does that mean you are going downhill (exercise might help)

Are you selling your body online?

VG (who is concerned about QB)

There is a lot of good quality used stuff out there. NOT EBAY. Join POTN and Fred Miranda and you can see what these guys/gals are selling. I've bought from both sites and have had great results. They are the "Coacht" of camera sites. :thumb:

Thanks Robjim! The 30D looks good, but so does the Rebel...hmm...

I'm looking to purchase a camera and have about $800 to spend. Just wanting everyone's take on the best value camera for the money that's out right now at about $800. Thanks for all replies!

There's no way I'd do ebay for this purchase. I've been shooting with Rebels for 2 years now. I got my stuff at Wolf. I got the warrantee and it's been worth it's weight in gold. I've had to get 2 replaced due to damage and mishaps. B & H on the web is also good and the prices are a little better.

You have to go with 8 MP or higher if you want good stuff for a newspaper or anything else like that.

You can see plenty of Cannon Rebel work on my site listed below.

DL.

Okay....several questions about this QB.

You bought your body?

It`s only worth 800 now..does that mean you are going downhill (exercise might help)

Are you selling your body online?

VG (who is concerned about QB)

First off...I'm concerned about me too...L M A O

Second...a camera body, dorkman...Had I bought MY body...the man in the moon would do more than smile..

And yes...I'm depreciating as we speak!

The new Canon Rebel XTI (400D) is the best

camera for the money. Canon is discounting

the older models, and they will sell for less.

This camera is brand new, and it is head and shoulders

above everything else for the money.

The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi Digital Camera offers an unbeatable combination of performance, ease-of-use and value. It has a 10.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor plus a host of features including a 2.5-inch LCD monitor, the exclusive EOS Integrated Cleaning System featuring a Self Cleaning Sensor with Dust Delete Data system, and Canon's Picture Style technology, all in a lightweight, ergonomic body.

But for the money, you cannot beat the new Rebel.

$800 on B&H without the lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...egoryNavigation

Thanks Stan...So far, the Rebel looks like the camera of choice. Now comes the hard part: finding around a $300 lens thats best suited for sports. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM possibly?

Edited by score3

Thanks Stan...So far, the Rebel looks like the camera of choice. Now comes the hard part: finding around a $300 lens thats best suited for sports. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking maybe the Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM possibly?

Check the Quantaray line....they have some pretty good lenses...

Pawn shops around Military bases always have good deals....that's where I'm going to find my next lens

Two of the women that take professional pictures...and the guy that takes the senior pictures...all have the same body as mine...they just have larger lenses...

When I bought my body about two years ago...it was close to $1000...now it's about $800...probably can find it cheaper online...

Wait a second!!! I CAN GET A NEW BODY???? Man!! I've been wanting to update the one I have - It's getting kinda old, and getting a few wrinkles here and there, little did I know I could just purchase a NEW BODY!!! :thumb:

Edited by JustWrestle