Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap buddy, We Greeneville folks have our own D1 talent so don't go saying I'm jealous. Wiggins has some pretty good schools after him as well (check Unapproved Website...he is ranked 45th in the country in small forwards)and his scores are outstanding. So don't get on your high horse about the "mediocre" talent. We just think this recruiting thing has gotten out of hand. High school kids are having press conferences for crying out loud. That is just a little much. As for him being "one of the very few athletes to represent our area at the NCAA level"... well that was an asinine statement. Of all the sports participated in at every school in this area, boys and girls, there are quite a large number who have or will participate in sports at the NCAA level (div I, II, or III) Obviously you have forgotten the large number of div II and III schools in our area that have soccer, volleyball, golf, etc.Maybe you have heard of them... King..Tusculum... Emory and Henry...

Oh, by the way, "gratis" is latin, not spanish...I received a full academic from a scholarship from a D1 school...

I was really impressed wit Wiggins last yr when they played against science hill last yr. that kid has got some game and i believe he is a lefty, the only problem i have with him is he is skinner than pole. when he gets some weight on him he will be even more unstoppable then he is.

Omar Wattad, the 6'6 now 205 pound Guard for the Science Hill Hill Toppers, has improved his game over the summer and has some GREAT options to choose from as far as College ball is concerned. He can now drain it from 25 to 30 feet with no difference in his shot as if he were shooting a 15 footer....that is due to his improved strength. He will always look light just because he is built that way, but he now weighs 205 when at the end of school ball he weighed 185 to 190. He has matured from AAU ball and his foot speed is quicker than it has ever been (he can guard that ball).....Anyways he has a press conference to announce where he is going to school Monday October 16th.......it should be interesting to see...its between Vandy Georgetown Umass or UNCW. where does everyone think he will head to?

Omar this is your boy quentin. im really happy to see u go somewhere big and forget what all these hatas think go to georgetown and do your thing. also break the record i will be there every game to c u do it. a tho hit me up whenever.

Edited by hoodrich91

I do not attend a rival school, however i am a Dobyns-Bennett fan. I do not believe Wattad (heatplaya) is that bad, I said he could play at a mid major D1 school, however, not at a Georgetown. I also said I am happy for Wattad (heatplaya) and congratulate him on his scholarship and free education, I just hope he keeps his grades up because he will be a no name among the Georgetown campus and will need that degree.

I should have known that there would be haters on my boy.... oh and DB D***sucker my name is NOT OMAR WATTAD ... i dont know who the heck your getting your facts from... just keep talkin man.. i was just tryin to have a post to talk about a great basketball player... but of course DB cant give anyone else glory for anything... we will see you can hate all you want but 15 year domination says it all... i cant wait to see you and your MORGANIZED players .... go post on football... Wattad is legit

I should have known that there would be haters on my boy.... oh and DB D***sucker my name is NOT OMAR WATTAD ... i dont know who the heck your getting your facts from... just keep talkin man.. i was just tryin to have a post to talk about a great basketball player... but of course DB cant give anyone else glory for anything... we will see you can hate all you want but 15 year domination says it all... i cant wait to see you and your MORGANIZED players .... go post on football... Wattad is legit

15 year domination ???

Well there young fellow .... I think Central beat you with ease last year in the district tourney. Doesnt look like like domination to me ??? Somebody please tell me if Im worng .....

"It would be different if it was just one person who thought he was overrated but it is a TON of people. Can you honestly say that Omar is that much better than Coty Sensabaugh from DB or take last year, was he that much better than DeShaud. No, he isn't. He is a really good player for this area. Thing is, he would be just another face if he played in the Memphis area."

This was an actual quote from earlier posts on this subject. To sum up Omar's success....... he deserves everything that comes his way. I saw Omar in Johnson City over the weekend, and he has developed his body from working out and practicing over the summer. He is committed to basketball and it showed from his AAU play. Some people may knock AAU ball, but it is the grand stage for summertime ball and a place where players get noticed more than any other time! You may disagree, but more college recruits travel to the spots where there will be more competitive athletes at one tournament. Omar did fairly well against top athletes from around the country. Question: Have I seen better talent than Omar? Answer: Yes, but they do not want to conform or obey the rules to play ORGANIZED basketball. They also do not have the discipline to stay in shape or devote time to raise their level of play. I know athletes that are better than most people seen in gyms on a weekly basis, but!!!!! they are in the halls or on the street not doing anything because they do not want to be held accountable for their actions. To those who do not want to conform is where all of your antics and badgering, putting down people, and other hatred words that come from wisdomless brains should be directed. Omar, the Greeneville phenom, and any other athlete that has sacrificed to make himself better deserves the respect of any fan. People who know me, know that I graduated from DB. The DB vs. Hill rivalry has been a great one throughout the years. When we stepped on the court, it was all out war. BUT!!!!!! When we stepped off the court, there was mutual respect, something that SOME people on here are incapable of giving..........

From a DB alumni to Omar Watted and all athletes that further their education...... I want to say congrats and you deserve the respect of me wishing you good luck in your journey..... GOD BLESS!!!!!!!

"It would be different if it was just one person who thought he was overrated but it is a TON of people. Can you honestly say that Omar is that much better than Coty Sensabaugh from DB or take last year, was he that much better than DeShaud. No, he isn't. He is a really good player for this area. Thing is, he would be just another face if he played in the Memphis area."

This was an actual quote from earlier posts on this subject. To sum up Omar's success....... he deserves everything that comes his way. I saw Omar in Johnson City over the weekend, and he has developed his body from working out and practicing over the summer. He is committed to basketball and it showed from his AAU play. Some people may knock AAU ball, but it is the grand stage for summertime ball and a place where players get noticed more than any other time! You may disagree, but more college recruits travel to the spots where there will be more competitive athletes at one tournament. Omar did fairly well against top athletes from around the country. Question: Have I seen better talent than Omar? Answer: Yes, but they do not want to conform or obey the rules to play ORGANIZED basketball. They also do not have the discipline to stay in shape or devote time to raise their level of play. I know athletes that are better than most people seen in gyms on a weekly basis, but!!!!! they are in the halls or on the street not doing anything because they do not want to be held accountable for their actions. To those who do not want to conform is where all of your antics and badgering, putting down people, and other hatred words that come from wisdomless brains should be directed. Omar, the Greeneville phenom, and any other athlete that has sacrificed to make himself better deserves the respect of any fan. People who know me, know that I graduated from DB. The DB vs. Hill rivalry has been a great one throughout the years. When we stepped on the court, it was all out war. BUT!!!!!! When we stepped off the court, there was mutual respect, something that SOME people on here are incapable of giving..........

From a DB alumni to Omar Watted and all athletes that further their education...... I want to say congrats and you deserve the respect of me wishing you good luck in your journey..... GOD BLESS!!!!!!!

Great post

DB fans can brag about their football titles, while Science Hill can brag about their basketball titles. I think DB takes this year in basketball. Sensabaugh and Throp carry the 1-2 guard in bball just like they carried as the WR punch in football. Da Hill has Omar to carry them, theyll need help. Dionte Grey will give them some help this year along with their other guard(forgot name) and did Josh Odem stay or was there a rumor that he was going to Brentwood? DB has too much talent this year.

1. DB-enough talent, experience, and Best coach in Big 9

2. Science Hill-all-state selection Wattad leads the toppers

3. Central-'06 dist champs lost lost a lot but return some good talent

4. TN High-lost Deshaud and Goose, but cant count them out

5. Boone-return good solid post play and pretty good perimeter play

6. Volunteer-Cradic returns and might be the best 3 pt shooter in conf

7. South-lost pretty much their inside, Powell is a big threat, is Phillips playing?

8. East-Dyer is the dean of coaches and has good wins, will rely on Snapp

9. Crockett-beat DB last year and lost Carper, Murray will be the horse to stop

DB fans can brag about their football titles, while Science Hill can brag about their basketball titles. I think DB takes this year in basketball. Sensabaugh and Throp carry the 1-2 guard in bball just like they carried as the WR punch in football. Da Hill has Omar to carry them, theyll need help. Dionte Grey will give them some help this year along with their other guard(forgot name) and did Josh Odem stay or was there a rumor that he was going to Brentwood? DB has too much talent this year.

1. DB-enough talent, experience, and Best coach in Big 9

2. Science Hill-all-state selection Wattad leads the toppers

3. Central-'06 dist champs lost lost a lot but return some good talent

4. TN High-lost Deshaud and Goose, but cant count them out

5. Boone-return good solid post play and pretty good perimeter play

6. Volunteer-Cradic returns and might be the best 3 pt shooter in conf

7. South-lost pretty much their inside, Powell is a big threat, is Phillips playing?

8. East-Dyer is the dean of coaches and has good wins, will rely on Snapp

9. Crockett-beat DB last year and lost Carper, Murray will be the horse to stop

I agree with your predictions but South will be much higher. Aaron Wiley is a good player and will lead the Rebels. If Phillips plays they will be very tough. Volunteer will be better than last year even though the loss of Mann hurts. Wittemore always produces good post players. East's record probably won't be too good but one any give night will beat one of the top teams.

15 year domination ???

Well there young fellow .... I think Central beat you with ease last year in the district tourney. Doesnt look like like domination to me ??? Somebody please tell me if Im worng .....

This could be the most ignorant post i have ever seen. One game does not take away from a dominant team in the Big 7 now Big 9 conference. Even DB fans cant contest that Science Hill IS THE DOMINANT team. How quickly Central forgets an embarassing lose at home by over 30 points. I am not taking anything away from the district title, but i science hill over the years is always at the top. As far as comparing Deshaud to Omar. The kid is going to king college how are you going to compare that to anything Wattad has done. You want to question his talent that is your opinion but wattad has led the best team in the conference on and off the court since he was soph. In conclusion i feel that Science Hill will again win the conference, but will lose sometime during conference play due to a young team.