BA vs Briarcrest

jp2fan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in the stats from the game last night that the game was called half way through the 3rd quarter because a BA player broke his leg. Who got hurt? Does anyone know how it happened (offensive/defensive, etc)?

I believe the young man's name was Terrance Scott. He was to have surgery last night to repair the leg. One of the Briarcrest boy's got blocked and he accidentally stepped on his lower leg. I will try to find out more and let you know.

Without providing any personal medical information, someone please keep us posted. It was very frustrating hearing about the injury last night and not being able to find out details. But, again, let me caution everyone that it's very unethical to disseminate private medical info about a high school kid -- if we were a newspaper, it would be illegal.

Without providing any personal medical information, someone please keep us posted. It was very frustrating hearing about the injury last night and not being able to find out details. But, again, let me caution everyone that it's very unethical to disseminate private medical info about a high school kid -- if we were a newspaper, it would be illegal.

Oh really, well call the Tennessean and tell them what they did was illegal because it was all in there this morning.

No but it should be!!!

I agree it should be. But I am sure that there would be no way possible for a city the size of Memphis to be able to have an ambulance at every high school football game and have enough for emergencies else where.

I sure hope this young man will be ok. Does anyone have an update on him?

I agree it should be. But I am sure that there would be no way possible for a city the size of Memphis to be able to have an ambulance at every high school football game and have enough for emergencies else where.

I will be at Baptist hospital in Memphis all day Tuesday and if he has not gone home yet, please let me know and I will stop by and check on him.

Thanks

Yes, there would be plenty. This is a rule in many states. It should be paid for by the home team out of gate receipts, or by the TSSAA. I know that Briarcrest will have an ambulance at every game from now on, as most of the DIIAAA schools do.

I was at that game and from what we were told it was a significant injury. While I would have liked for the game to be completed I think it was the right decision to end it in the 3rd quarter. We were told the injured player's parents were not there and he needed immediate medical attention. I know if my son was 200 miles from home and was injured that badly I would hope that football would be second on the coaches minds. So while I have questioned some of the Briarcrest coached decisions this season I agree with how they handled this unfortunate situation.

Briarcrest had a player break his collar bone in the first half.

My prayers go out to the injured player and wish him a speedy and full recovery.