A/AA tournament bracket contest

BigG

The brackets are available at the Chattanoogan (I'll try and post a link here tomorrow).

We'll set up how to post your predictions:

Suggested points

1 pt. for Region Semis.

3 pts. for Region Finals.

5 pts. for Sub State.

7 pts. for Quarters

10 pts. for Semis

15 pts. for State Final.

Just for fun. I know Coniglio is up for it! Anyone else?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the link to the A/AA bracket:

http://chattanoogansports.com/brackets/TSS...ccerBracket.pdf

I guess we will do it like this: You will need to fill out the complete bracket after the district finals are complete. Then list your winners underneath the sub topics.

A. Region semi finals

B. Region finals

C. Sectionals

D. State quarters

E. State semis

F. State finals

Write only the winners of the games.

We'll tally the points after each round.

I was thinking about this. Unlike the NCAA tournament brackets, 2nd place teams at regional are still alive and move over to a different part of the bracket. That might make it too complicated. We might want to consider picking from sectional games forward. I'm game either way...

Edited by DonCChatt

Well, why don't we do 2 rounds...

Round one just covers the region tournament (semi's and finals). Top point finishers get bonus points going into round 2.

For example, let's say I have the most points predicting round 1, Conliglio comes in 2nd and DonC comes in third, and so on...

First place gets a 15 point bonus going into round 2, second place gets a 10 point bonus, and third gets 5.

Round 2 starts over with points except for the top 3, who have the bonus, as well as resetting the teams in the proper brackets.

OR

We could keep it more simple, and keep the same scoring method as we were going to do, but just reset the teams for sectionals, and add all points together for the winner.

Ahhh. all you runners are the same. Keep it simple!

OK, so we'll go with the whole tournament, but reset the brackets AFTER region finals are over, but keep the points you had from the first 2 rounds.

Sound good, DonC?

yes, though you might want to elaborate more on what is mean by reseting the brackets after regional.