metro championships

bigal2319

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd just about bet the farm that region 5 does not sweep state. it just won't happen.

who is your favorite to break up the sweep? i agree that the sweep probably won't happen just becuase the odds of all three teams having great races on the same day is not that good but i think that they are the top 3 a/aa teams in the state based on steeplechase performances. its pretty much guarenteed that all three will be in the top 5 but the sweep will be very tough

who is your favorite to break up the sweep? i agree that the sweep probably won't happen just becuase the odds of all three teams having great races on the same day is not that good but i think that they are the top 3 a/aa teams in the state based on steeplechase performances. its pretty much guarenteed that all three will be in the top 5 but the sweep will be very tough

potential sweep breakers:

university school - jc

jackson christian school

elizabethton

you can't compare every race to steeple chase. if you look at the tn classic results, fra and usjc were extremely close in terms of average time. when you factor in the fact that fra ran in the gold race, i.e., faster runners=faster times for the fra guys, i think usjc is the better team.

potential sweep breakers:

university school - jc

jackson christian school

elizabethton

you can't compare every race to steeple chase. if you look at the tn classic results, fra and usjc were extremely close in terms of average time. when you factor in the fact that fra ran in the gold race, i.e., faster runners=faster times for the fra guys, i think usjc is the better team.

hahaha i'll believe it when i see it. the whole faster runners=faster times only applies when slower runners means no one to run with. i dont remember any usjc guys running alone in the slow race or winning by a huge margin or anything. a lot of people actually run slower in the faster races just because it is mentally tougher to run in 100th than it is to run in 30th even if its the same time. nobody likes seeing a pack of 50 guys a full minute ahead of them, at least i don't. i prefer beating people personally

naw FRA was faster. Just in the Large Schools race.

so what are you guys at FRA hiding from us right now?

fra isnt hiding anything. at metro one of their top 4 dropped out or just ran really badly, i didnt feel like scrolling down far enough to find him if he did finish. district where they finished 6 pts behind lipscomb is a good gage of what they can do, however i dont think it will be quite that close at region but fra should still be the clear #2 at state

fra isnt hiding anything. at metro one of their top 4 dropped out or just ran really badly, i didnt feel like scrolling down far enough to find him if he did finish. district where they finished 6 pts behind lipscomb is a good gage of what they can do, however i dont think it will be quite that close at region but fra should still be the clear #2 at state

assuming one of their top 4 doesn't drop out or run really bad...