Dobyns Bennett @ Science Hill

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was referring to a mistake by slipstream timing at the Trailblazer meet where a Robinson runner finished 7th but was counted as finishing 50-something causing Sevier to win that meet.

If your running crosscountry there isn't really any difference in finnishing 7th or 50th. Your just as tired, you ran the same distance, and nobody cares.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I was at the Middle School Conference Meet.. cheered like crazy for the Redskins and they won that meet. I did hear some of the boys (back in the pack, around 35th place) talking about getting 1 or 2 places off. But the top 6 Robinson runners smoked the field (you only need 5) and there wasn't any problems with those places being in question. Sevier has some great Runners as well and on a dry course the Team Scores would have been closer, DB is going to be loaded in CC for 4 years.

That has nothing to do with the Indians winning the 13 straight game in this series, but was way more drama than Friday night will bring. WaCo.. my son finished 5th, made All-Conference... we cared.

Someone mentioned Home Field in Round 3. This year it is Region's 2 turn to be the Home Team in the Quarter Finals. So, if DB wins 2 Playoff Games, the 3rd would be on the road to any Region 2 Team.... the Indians would be at Home if the 3rd Round happened to be against another Region 1 Opponent.. that happened in 2002 when Jeff Co upset Ooltewah and the 3rd Round was a surprise Home Game for the Indians. Maybe DB and Sevier County can pull that kind of magic again.

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

I believe that both sides look forward to this game all year and the record has nothing to do with it......might have something to do with it being the only confrence game of the year that doesn't require some time on I40.....Science Hill is coming into the game with an three game winning streak in the confrence with little luster since the winds came against teams with losing records and will not be making the playoffs add to the fact that none of those victories were impressive.......db is db, they are the confrence champions again and the top ranked team in the state with an undefeated record and have also beat the 3 teams in SHHS winning streak in far more impressive fashion.......Topper defense will have to play well to keep this one close unless the offense can find something that they can work with it and stick it's hat on which it hasn't been able to do when they were more talented than the other team and this db defense is scary good...........let's talk matchups or postions so that this fan will know what to look for in the game...........

the only confrence game of the year that doesn't require some time on I40

AMEN TO THAT!

One thing that is perplexing to me is that the Toppers can have such great athletes and a great basketball program...but football struggles just to make the playoffs. That seems totally unacceptable for a school with such a deep athletic history and a former heisman trophy winner. What is the problem in J.C.?

Key for the SH offense will be to go with quicker hitting plays. Any time spent in the backfield invites the speed of DB to shut it down for a loss. The other key is to make them pay for blitzes by throwing to the sector left open by the blitz. Short across the middle should be there. They have to get them to play a "straight up" defense before they can run effectively. They haven't done that, with any consistency, thusfar this season. Long drives are overrated when you have a team that gives up fumbles and interceptions. The more plays it takes to score, the more likely you are to make a mistake. Defensively, SH will have to play in the DB backfield. Give them time to open up their power plays and you will pay for it. I hope DB reads its own press clippings...if SH plays a solid game it could lead to quite a surprise.