Centennial @ Franklin

zoosee12

when i refer to centennial football games being as lous as ever i was refering to the noise of the past couple of years

my freshman year there was a good deal of noise there

my sophmore and this being my junior, spirit here practically died

but the brentwood game finally proved to the school that we can hang with williamson county schools once again and thus the columbia game was the loudest it has been at centennial in 2 years

and it is only gonna get abot 3 times as loud this week at the franklin game

hpefully soon centennial might be able to get back to the spirit of 2002 and 2003

and to the comment 3 above mine:

we have those type of playmakers right now

scales at qb doesnt neccesarily have an great arm but has great speed and will be working on throwing on the run

kelly at WR has made some spectacular catches down the sideline over the season

frashad barlow can score at any moment if you get him the ball in the open field

mcclemore has an abundant ammount of interceptions this season (3 in one game)

hunt and thompson are hard hitters and have great speed on the OLB positions

ingram was a really hard hitter before he broke his leg

once bass gets back from injuries we'll actually have a kicker who can kick field goals

barlar is 4th in the state in punting averagin 40.8 yards a punt

hogan is one of the best linemans i have ever seen in high schoool and he plays both ways

lamont harris is a good saftey who has developed over the season

hardison can power foward for many yards(kind of reminds me of magochey or cohen)

and many others could make this team at any moment very dangerous

they just have to learn consistancy

whats great about this centennial team is that there are so many underclassmen playing so next year centennial should be back in contention

Not to mention the win last week going into the Franklin game this week, the fans will likely be back and louder than ever over there in those visiting bleachers at Gamble Stadium.

4 or 5 weeks ago, I poseted a thread complaining about Centennial's lack of School Spirit. We had more fans show up to the game at LaVergne than we had in our stands most of the game. After having 5 of our first six games on the road, we returned to CHS, where I have never seen a better turnout for a midseason game as far as students. The Student tunnel stretched from almost the fence to the goal line. When our players came out, we must have broken a decibal record. Clarence Hardison exclamed "I can tell you all want it"

Ever since that game, the fans have been coming back and that close game vs. Brentwood and that win against Columbia have put a buzz back in the school. So win or lose, the fans are back and behind this team 100%

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect meant to Mr Steele - I was always a huge fan of his ability and always concerned about what he could do to Franklin. My comment was more aimed at giving Props to a lineman who fulfilled every linemans dream - running with the rock and putting points on the board!

My final thoughts on this Friday's Game (I really have to get some work done!)

Using the Stats on the Tennessean:

Centennial’s Defense has allowed 4 of the top 5 teams in 6-5A to score on average 14.6 more points in the game against Centennial than in the rest of their games. If this stat holds true – Franklin should score roughly 38 points.

Franklins scoring Defense is giving up half the PPG than the other top 4 teams in the region. Centennials Offense mustered an average of 11.5 PPG against the other top 4. If Franklin’s D Stats hold true, Centennial can expect to score 6 points.

Centennials Offensive and Defensive numbers look real similar to CNE and not far off from Columbia, Franklin beat CNE 42-0 and Columbia 35-0.

Good Health to all the players, to the fans – come out in big numbers to support the players – To the Franklin Seniors – 2006 season 2 doesn’t start until next week, finish 2006 regular season strong!

sometimes we all forget a couples things

1) this is only high school football. theses kids range from 14-18 years of age, and talent they have at this age is incredible!

2) this being high school, heck any level of sport, ANYTHING can happen, at any given time!! we've seen it time and time again in college and pro football. take tennessee's year last year, no one could have predicted that!! look at the titians, sometimes there good, sometimes they stink!!

my point is, this is a game, and from the time the teams step on the field, untill the clock runs out in the 4qtr, either one of these 2 teams have just as good a chance of wining as the other!!

this will be my last post untill after the game, i hope ill be able to say i told you so, but if not, then congrats. will be in order. as for now best of luck to Franklin, hope to see you all at the game

sometimes we all forget a couples things

1) this is only high school football. theses kids range from 14-18 years of age, and talent they have at this age is incredible!

2) this being high school, heck any level of sport, ANYTHING can happen, at any given time!! we've seen it time and time again in college and pro football. take tennessee's year last year, no one could have predicted that!! look at the titians, sometimes there good, sometimes they stink!!

my point is, this is a game, and from the time the teams step on the field, untill the clock runs out in the 4qtr, either one of these 2 teams have just as good a chance of wining as the other!!

this will be my last post untill after the game, i hope ill be able to say i told you so, but if not, then congrats. will be in order. as for now best of luck to Franklin, hope to see you all at the game

apoligizes the post above was made me c-c-chs08, i didnt realize the cpmputer i was using was logged on as CHS2007, sorry for that bro.

P.S. In response to the stats thing, remember stats don't tell the whole story. The New England Patriots are 5-1 without having a player in the top ten in any stat category. A Running Back can have 1,000 yards rushing during a season, but not perform well in clutch situations. My link to this is the way people talk about our defense. Against Brentwood, we only allowed 180 yards of total offense, but allowed 37 points. The reason, 24 of Brentwood's points came as a result of a turnover returned for a touchdown or a drive starting withing our 30. Last week, our defense allowed a little over 100 yards of total offense, but one botched play and a fuble recovered for a touchdown pushed Columbia's point total to 13. That game easily could have been a shutout. You could mention that Independence allowed 17 points against Franklin. However, it is important to note that they didn't allow any points in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarters. Stats do not matter during a football game, the only thing that matters is HOW your team plays.

as of tomorrow at 0:00 in the 4th quarter, greg gregory will no longer be the head coach of centennial high school football...

he sat the team down in the locker room today after pratice, and told them he had been fired, and tomorrows game will his last a their coach.

exact details: why, and who will replace him are still unknown....

this has been a long time coming, so thank God for finally answering our prayers.

im extremly interested to see how the players act on the field tomorrow!!!

Obviously I don't get around here much any longer (I don't even recognize the posters...), but I just wanted to offer up my congratulations to the Rebels for FINALLY earning that regular season Region 6-5A Championship! And of course, yet another victory over Centennial is always nice... how many in a row now? It's almost as bad as Navy-Notre Dame, no doubt. [/sarcasm]

What a bear of a defense we must have. I wish I could get up for a playoff game... :thumb: