Pigeon Forge Football

tnfan1998

Have you ever heard the expression "players win, coaches lose"? There have been three coaching changes in the past five years. How can anyone expect players to respond well when there is no continuity. Highschool kids especially need structure to succeed in anything and when your own community wont provide that, winning isnt an option. Whoever said winning isnt everything must have been a tiger

This may be true sometimes- players win coaches lose, but you need to give the coaches time. You can't blame three years with no continuity on the present coach. If you all will support the coaches maybe you could keep one around. You can't expect to win the first year with a new coach that is rebuilding a program. GIVE THEM TIME. Yes, players can lose- ever hear of fumbles, personal fouls, missed field goals, etc..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you are blaming their parents for their "bad up-bringing"?

Sorry for the confusion pffan! I don't think that the way the players are playing has anything to do with their parents. I was refering to their training "on the field" and in the off season. Let me try this again. Players play like their coaches coach. Bad training = bad performance. Coaching is everything. Just ask Tennessee's new Off. Cor. in football or Tennessee's new mens basketball coach of last season, to name a few.

I want to say it again. Stop blaming the players for everything. The ones who have quit and the ones who have stayed. They (the players) are the ones who are watching and learning from the Trainers, or better yet, Teachers (coaches). Now, hopefully that makes more sense!

Edited by but a vapor

I think it is time to let this go. PF had a tough year, they showed some life against Gibbs and have one more shot against Claiborne this week. Transition years are sometimes tough, and I think when you make the changes we made it takes a little bit of time to get everyone on the same page, this is players and coaches included. PF will be fine, just give everything time and stop trying to find someone to blame.

The reason I made several comments was simply because BLAME was being placed on the football players at PF this year by several people commenting on this site. I was defending the players who are a bunch of kids (the ones who quit and the ones who continue to play)! Get off their backs. If someone is to blame, look in another direction and stop picking on a bunch of kids, period! Success follows success. Leaders are born from following good leadership! How can you blame kids for the problems with PF football. They are the ones watching and trying to learn!

This may be true sometimes- players win coaches lose, but you need to give the coaches time. You can't blame three years with no continuity on the present coach. If you all will support the coaches maybe you could keep one around. You can't expect to win the first year with a new coach that is rebuilding a program. GIVE THEM TIME. Yes, players can lose- ever hear of fumbles, personal fouls, missed field goals, etc..

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/5 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program and didn't realize it to start with.

Edited by charger81

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/3 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program a didn't realize it to start with.

Amen brother.

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/3 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program a didn't realize it to start with.

Agree 100%

Why are all the GP fans so interested in bashing what is going on at PF. Should this be something that you are concerned with? Still don't understand all the hate shown toward PF from GP. Maybe some of you used to be connected with PF and have some personal issues with the administration or the coaches. We are not even in the same Region anymore. You would think we would root for each other in every game but one. Oh well, be petty if you need to. I do wish GP well in the playoffs, there are a lot of good people over there.

Edited by pffan

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/5 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program a didn't realize it to start with.

You are exactly right. The quarterback isn't exactly the problem though. Why take out someone who has had 1000 yards rushing in the previous year? The coaches should have stuck with the veer and their record would be much better.

Why are all the GP fans so interested in bashing what is going on at PF. Should this be something that you are concerned with? Still don't understand all the hate shown toward PF from GP. Maybe some of you used to be connected with PF and have some personal issues with the administration or the coaches. We are not even in the same Region anymore. You would think we would root for each other in every game but one. Oh well, be petty if you need to. I do wish GP well in the playoffs, there are a lot of good people over there.

that is because there is a rivalry. it doesn't matter if we are in the same region you don't just stop that kind of thing because you aren't in the same region. i would also agree that it is the coaches but it is a lott of the players fault to. I don't agree with the spread offense but i'm sure that if everyone on our offense would do their job we would be able to make big plays

Rebuilding a program? PF was 20-34 in their first 5 years as a varsity program with state playoff births the last 4 years. Take out the 4 playoff games and they won 2/5 of their games. They are currently 0-9 this year. This is rebuilding? Coach Bramblett states in an article written by Jim Davis for the Mountain Press on Jan. 18, 2006, "I am not a person who wants to take over and change things just to change things. I'm going to take the good things that have gone on here and keep them in place as much as we can and build from there, and apply some of the things that I have learned and believe in." He had a returning QB, a TB that had over 1000 yds rushing last year and many other returning starters. But he replaces the QB with one that has never played a varsity game and moves the TB to receiver in a pass oriented offense and changes defenses and defensive tackling philosophy (also in the Mountain Press). Come on PF look at the facts. Maybe you didn't need a change. Change for the sake of change is not always good. Or maybe your expectations were to high to begin with and you were actually on the road to building a program a didn't realize it to start with.

ok i'm sorry but brett shields was not a good throwing QB he is great at running not at throwing. i do agree with the statment about brandon guidry

One question, do you understand the meaning of an intracounty rivalry? Maybe if a certain coach didn't make statements such as "we've got the best four linebackers in the county" there would be a little less hostility between PF and the other 3 county schools (yes SCHS and Seymour dislike PF just as much as GP).

You are exactly right. The quarterback isn't exactly the problem though. Why take out someone who has had 1000 yards rushing in the previous year? The coaches should have stuck with the veer and their record would be much better.

agreed 100%.... pf's running game in the past was pretty good i dont understand the change now thier running game is arguably one of the worst in state. i also have trouble understand why a 1000 yard rusher who obliously has trouble catching the football is now playing reciever and the starting running back is someone that has no game experience and is obviously very poor no offense to him.