Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well being an Alcoa fan I will cheer for the team with class. Come on Wartburg, leave OS as still the best team without a win. You all deserve it more. At least when Wartburg was losing they kept it clean. I don't have a score to predict but I hope Wartburg runs them into the ground. Before the OS game I thought it was ashamed that someone had to win, now I think its a shame OS gets another chance to win. GO WARTBURG, this Alcoa fans behind you :thumb:

I think this game will come down to which ever team wants it the most. I also think that the team that comes ready to play will win. I've seen O.S. play a few times this year and to me, they have been a study in contrasts. Against Coalfield they looked really good and then against Loudon they made Wartburg look like Ohio State!! Who knows, this could be an interesting game-I only hope that Wartburg comes ready to play and fired up and believing they can win. I also hope someone announces their resignation afterwards, but I'll let that ride.......

I think Wartburg is gonna win because even they are 0-9 they never quit. I also have heard that O.S. kids have quit on coach Brackett this season.

Well,ccrider, I'll agree with you here. I know I've done my share of bashing this season, but none of it has been directed to the Wartburg players, but rather at the coaches who I personally feel have done a terrible job, particularly at motivating those kids and having them ready to play. From what I've heard, the O.S. players have quit on their coach and I think that's a shame. I talked to an Oliver Springs student recently and he said that the morale is terrible. So, would I like to see the dogs get a win Friday? Absolutely! But I won't change the way I feel about the coaching staff;I think they gotta go!

Gulp, gotta go with the in County Team. Gulp.

Well, I think that's cool, CYJ! Maybe the Wartburg folks will go with Coalfield when they make it to the Boro in December! If they play defense like they did against Harriman, I honestly believe they will. I've already told my wife we're going if Coalfield makes it to the title game. I know that I was once a "mortal enemy" of the Jackets, but I would love to see them take it all! It CAN be done! Remember Oneida in '92?

A winless record over two years would be absolutely disasterous for any program. Don't want total disaster, just recognition that there are other schools in the County. That is starting to happen, it is a good thing. Now, let's get all schools on track.

If leadership in that direction is needed, Coalfield can step up and take the lead.

Edited by CYJacket

I think Coalfield has gotten recognition in the past. They are always a contender in the region. I feel bad for both programs but I hope OS gets the win. If it wasn't for three late fumbles they had the jackets beat early in the year. They were really a wakeup call for Coalfield. I don't really think the kids have quit, but they have had several key injuries. Bishop and Reed to name a few. Besides it is hard to get fired up for Loudon and Alcoa when you are 0-7 and know you're about to get mashed in the mouth. Give OS some time, you'll see a new team next year.

Well being an Alcoa fan I will cheer for the team with class. Come on Wartburg, leave OS as still the best team without a win. You all deserve it more. At least when Wartburg was losing they kept it clean. I don't have a score to predict but I hope Wartburg runs them into the ground. Before the OS game I thought it was ashamed that someone had to win, now I think its a shame OS gets another chance to win. GO WARTBURG, this Alcoa fans behind you :thumb:

I have watched the kids from OZ grow up playing ball. They are great kids! What you all are seeing is the product of their new leadership. OZ has never been known from backing off from a fight, but NEVER did they start it before now.

Wake up OZ, you are losing more then a game now. YOU do know what you all need to do.

I have watched the kids from OZ grow up playing ball. They are great kids! What you all are seeing is the product of their new leadership. OZ has never been known from backing off from a fight, but NEVER did they start it before now.

Wake up OZ, you are losing more then a game now. YOU do know what you all need to do.

I was not at the game but have spoken to several people who were. Some of the kids did lose their cool, but there were no fights started. I have been at several games this year where players acted much worse. To say that is the coaches fault is ridiculous.Those kids were pulled out and punished.Its tough to keep your cool when you are 0-9 and getting beat by 60 by the #1 team in the state. Besides OS has always had that reputation- do not blame that on the new leadership. It will take a while, but you will see a new team next year.