Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

Children (Oz' purple haze, took) keep it civil. I know OS had trouble on the football field but you can calm down on the message board. How about watching some language. Younger guys still read this. I don't think you are any cooler just because you can type swears onto a message board. Also purple haz, why threaten, that shows a little immaturity on here. About the Alcoa GP game. It was last year, the JV was just too good, and GP turned the game around. I am impressed with GPs turn around and look forward to seeing them in the playoffs if they make it. I hope Wartburg plays hard on saturday and gets a much needed and deserved W.

Edited by mcwrestler

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last team that needs to be talking about class is Alcoa. Alcoa is a great team, but anytime you put 70-90 points on another team you don't have much class. You can use the argument " We had our JV in". Well, that's fine. Everyone in the state knows Alcoa is good, they don't have to be reminded by looking at the score board and seeing 90. Remember, what goes around comes around in the sport's world.

Maybe its not alack of class, instead a lack of defenses and a plethora of turnovers by GP. With your infinite wisdom what would you do different, and who was more classless this year during the game. Alcoa or OS. I wish Alcoa had gone "classless" on the scoreboard after the display I saw on the field. Just my opinion though. Not trying to argue, just wondering what should of been done in either game.

Maybe its not alack of class, instead a lack of defenses and a plethora of turnovers by GP. With your infinite wisdom what would you do different, and who was more classless this year during the game. Alcoa or OS. I wish Alcoa had gone "classless" on the scoreboard after the display I saw on the field. Just my opinion though. Not trying to argue, just wondering what should of been done in either game.

agreed...when you lay the ball on the field it doesnt matter what string is out there.

Children (Oz' purple haze, took) keep it civil. I know OS had trouble on the football field but you can calm down on the message board. How about watching some language. Younger guys still read this. I don't think you are any cooler just because you can type swears onto a message board. Also purple haz, why threaten, that shows a little immaturity on here. About the Alcoa GP game. It was last year, the JV was just too good, and GP turned the game around. I am impressed with GPs turn around and look forward to seeing them in the playoffs if they make it. I hope Wartburg plays hard on saturday and gets a much needed and deserved W.

I don't care how good their jv is. To put 90 points on a team shows no class in high school football. I'm not blaming the boys, but a coach has to see that and stop it GP may have turned around their season, but everyone knows that region always gets swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Have you ever coached? Little League doesn't count. I have and when you see something like that happening you try to get the situation under control. Just becasue you can beat someone by 100 dosen't mean you do it. I have seen Oliver Springs knee the ball countless times on the one, even thoough their about to score. OS might not have acted classey this year. I don't know I wasen't there. All I'm saying is Alcoa fans are the last people who need to judge anyone on class.

Have you ever coached? Little League doesn't count. I have and when you see something like that happening you try to get the situation under control. Just becasue you can beat someone by 100 dosen't mean you do it. I have seen Oliver Springs knee the ball countless times on the one, even thoough their about to score. OS might not have acted classey this year. I don't know I wasen't there. All I'm saying is Alcoa fans are the last people who need to judge anyone on class.

I do coach thank you very much. It is on the middle school level of wrestling but I was the only one leading many young boys. I know about sportsmanship and all. I don't really want to argue the GP game last year again on this thread. Turnovers returned, dives broken for touchdowns, they just couldn't be tackled. I would never tell one of my boys to not give it his all, even if he has it won already. If you can pin in 6 seconds all the power to you. If you lose that way don't complain. The quarters were shortened and the clock never stopped. Sorry, I fail to see how it is classless to run for touchdowns when a defense breaks down. OS had 7 personal fouls, 7. One on an extra point. Alcoa tried to get it under control, GP did not do their part though. You have to tackle. If Alcoa ever loses in a blowout and they tried to keep it respectable then oh well. I believe in sportsmanship and giving it 100% regardless of whether you start or are JV. Would you ask your kids to give less than 100%? I hope not. Like said above, it is a new season and this is about OS wartburg, and I pull for Wartburg.

Edited by mcwrestler

MC, having read all your posts, and your relentless attacks on OS, I just wonder, were you on the field during the OS and Alcoa game? Because if you were, you would have heard the crap that the Alcoas players were saying from the first snap of the game, until the last. Alcoa players made their fair share of racial slurs and eye poking too! You can try to put all of the blame on OS, but, your wrong.

I think I stated in an earlier and now closed OS Alcoa game thread that I am sure Alcoa did their fair share of talking put it didn't turn into personal fouls. I heard Rankin call a few guys down and tell them to cut it out or sit it out. I believe he tried to control some emotions. I even stated in a post that I hope it is not a reflection of the school as a whole. I also didn't know Alcoa was trash talking to the girls using slurs near the concession stands. I don't support anyone using slurs. I understand people will talk and all. Thats part of anysport. Apparently OS did something to earn the 7 personal fouls. The game seemed to be getting heated near half time. That may be why some of Alcoas players undressed and wore sweats. That is the first time I have seen Sykes, Shiverdecker out of all pads at halftime. I am going by what I saw from my standpoint, and that was 7 personal fouls, young girls jokingly using slurs like they don't know no better. Why was Alcoa not flagged? All I know is at least Alcoa held the score down, and didn't commit alot of penalties.