Red Bank

clifford20

Since no one else is talking about this...I must. First congrats to coach thurmond on a great season. What she has done their the last few years is remarkable...as well as the players.

They went to Cookeville and beat a very good team. i don't think anyone expected them to pull it off. I can't belive there hasn't been much talk about it.

I read the article in the C-ville paper and they made almost no mistakes-- it sounds like. Not only that...they beat a team with 8 seniors at their home gym. I really thought that c-ville was a final 4 team, boy I was wrong.

When they went to Brentwood and got destroyed by Franklin and Brentwood...that should have said something.

Congrats to Red Bank and good luck at state.

Too bad Catuballer retired...I am sure he/she would have something to say....about Culleoka of course.

Since no one else is talking about this...I must. First congrats to coach thurmond on a great season. What she has done their the last few years is remarkable...as well as the players.

They went to Cookeville and beat a very good team. i don't think anyone expected them to pull it off. I can't belive there hasn't been much talk about it.

I read the article in the C-ville paper and they made almost no mistakes-- it sounds like. Not only that...they beat a team with 8 seniors at their home gym. I really thought that c-ville was a final 4 team, boy I was wrong.

When they went to Brentwood and got destroyed by Franklin and Brentwood...that should have said something.

Too bad Catuballer retired...I am sure he/she would have something to say....about Culleoka of course.

C20, that last line did make me laugh! :lol:

Also, Red Bank is very solid. We've discussed their "leader" and she does a lot of good things!!

Another observation, related to this topic, I believe this is the first time (since ER moved down to AA) that 2 teams from District 6-AAA have made it to state!! :rolleyes:

I happened to be at the Brentwood/Franklin matches that you are refering that Cookeville got destroyed. I think the word destroyed was a little harsh, considering Cookeville did beat Brentwood the 1st game and the other games were descent. It seems like they weren't beaten another game that night. When you are dealing with teenagers, they are sometimes going to have an off night. That shouldn't have been an indicator of their ability to move forward in the tournaments.

Congratulations to all the champions!!! Very well deserved.

I happened to be at the Brentwood/Franklin matches that you are refering that Cookeville got destroyed. I think the word destroyed was a little harsh, considering Cookeville did beat Brentwood the 1st game and the other games were descent. It seems like they weren't beaten another game that night. When you are dealing with teenagers, they are sometimes going to have an off night. That shouldn't have been an indicator of their ability to move forward in the tournaments.

Congratulations to all the champions!!! Very well deserved.

I think you may be correct but I'm afraid the first inkling that Cookeville, who I still consider should have been a State Tourney Team, had peaked too early was at the Mid Tenn Tourney when FR did what they did to everyone and beat then I believe 12 and 15. Red flags went up as to what had happened and it has now appeared they did peak too early and makes one wonder how round robin twice in a large district(5 games a match) during a short compressed season and play a State exposure schedule of the best teams effects a team, especially since the last of the matches was a tough Brentwood, Franklin, Siegel, Cookeville. may have no bearing but other districts???

Monday morning setters are a dime a dozen but it seemed the schedule and not being there before to be aware of the pitfalls was a factor. 78 was correct in one regard. This is the first time two teams from that district had gone to state. It was deserved and congrats to them. But they certainly got some help with the play of District 7.

Edited by PHargis

Announcements