BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, Shrader probably will have the final say, but it will be Lifsey and Gregory(Still the AD) that does most of the legwork.

About Johnson, Centennial has way more potential than BGA. Centennial has a lot better talent and if I know Johnson, he will be attracted more to a program on the rise.

So CHS2007, do you actually know Johnson or are you just guessing what he would do?

Program on the rise? CHS....that is for dang sure....since it cannot go any lower!

All this talk about Johnson is silly...here is a guy that left FHS (Because he did not get a cupcake teaching load like he wanted), went to Giles for some unknown reason before jumping ship to go to BGA (For the $$ and cupcake teaching load!).

I am sure CHS cannot match what Tim is being paid at BGA and all the teaching "benefits" that come along with it.

Tim is a great coach, but I also feel all this jumping around from program to program does not look real good either!

Well said :thumb:

Rebelguy knows of what he speaks. He as a previous player of the man has better insight to what drives the man.

I agree that the BGA job has the ingredients he was looking for: time to devote to game and practice preparation, strong support from the administration and support groups, and in Williamson County.

One area that may be frustrating for him is the numbers that he has to work with. I don't think he will shy away from that aspect, due to his ability to grow the numbers at Franklin during his 3 years at the helm.

Rebelguy - game this weekend? If so, good luck!

That, or because it had better pay, benefits, and no classes for him to teach... All I'm saying is that it's kinda ignorant to make absolute statements such as "he will most definitely at least inquire about the CHS position," without actually knowing the man...

TJ teaches junior history at BGA and has a full load just like the other faculty. I do know that for a fact having friends with kids there in the upper school. I'm sure the pay and the benefits are much better than the public schools just like they are at most of the privates around Franklin/Brentwood/Nashville. I hope he stays put because if anyone can turn that program around he can do it, and the school is definitely committed to turning it around.

That, or because it had better pay, benefits, and no classes for him to teach... All I'm saying is that it's kinda ignorant to make absolute statements such as "he will most definitely at least inquire about the CHS position," without actually knowing the man...

Rebelguy,

Former player or not, unless you are Tim Johnson, or unless you can read his thoughts, you have no right to bash other people's theories.

From what I know of him, he just doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do things 100% for the money. I think the football program would have to portray some potential so he could build that program. If he thinks Centennial has greater potential tha BGA, he might look in to the possibility.

Edited by CHS 2007

First off this is the obligatory Rankin post. B)

I wonder if he will apply to get a raise from Alcoa like he did at R'dale? :)

JUST KIDDING GUYS!

First off the really decent Coaches that could bring this school out of its slump are busy right now with playoff games. If they are not concentrating on that, they are not worth having.

Woah, no need to get all riled up my friend. All I'm trying to say is don't use absolutes because it gives people a false impression on your information. When you say he is most definitely inquiring, it makes the rest of us think he's actually put an application in, when in reality, you're just speculating. And Faninthestands, yeah, real big game this weekend. We're up at Northern Iowa at the UNI-Dome with first place in conference on the line. Basically, if we win the next two, we're conference champs. If we lose just one, we're out of the playoffs. I'm just glad we're finally moving to 1A next year...