A/AA State Predictions

gphstrack

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last 400 has nothing to do with speed, its all about strength and i agree that those top 5 are the strongest finishers. personally i think the finish will go kp, clabo, johnson, coniglio, mckinley (thats right i'm still not givin up on this kid)

I 2nd that on Rodney hes got it in him to make a top 5 finish its just a matter of him letting it out

why would u not put him in there. rodney is a stud as he showed last year at state.

if u recall, mahaney was the FIRST a/aa runner at tn classic so i think he deserves some respect too.

anybody know times on the jcs guys at their region. there were places but no times?

i was wondering the same thing. also does anybody know if dl's score was a region record? i think it had to be. the girls obviously was since it was 15. thats pretty good for a guys and girls team to combine for 36 total points in the toughest a/aa region in the state. also dl guys obviously have a shot at fra's point record at state but i kinda hope that get it even though i am a big dl fan just because i think it would be unfair for them to get the record with how much better those fra teams of old were. even the recent fra teams, and recent dl teams for that matter were better this is just a really off year around the state. in 04 the current dl team probably wouldnt have been good enough to beat the top 3 teams in the region from that year, having said that they are still a very good team and are completely dominant

what time would u have to run to be in the top 15 at state?

that depends 100% on the weather and race strategy of the leaders on race day. 15th could be anywhere from 17:00ish-18:00ish depending on conditions

i was wondering the same thing. also does anybody know if dl's score was a region record? i think it had to be. the girls obviously was since it was 15. thats pretty good for a guys and girls team to combine for 36 total points in the toughest a/aa region in the state. also dl guys obviously have a shot at fra's point record at state but i kinda hope that get it even though i am a big dl fan just because i think it would be unfair for them to get the record with how much better those fra teams of old were. even the recent fra teams, and recent dl teams for that matter were better this is just a really off year around the state. in 04 the current dl team probably wouldnt have been good enough to beat the top 3 teams in the region from that year, having said that they are still a very good team and are completely dominant

i tihnk the points record is 31 by fra in 01. dl will have a tough time getting there if they do not have that runner that u will know get 1st. which they dont but its not impossible

i tihnk the points record is 31 by fra in 01. dl will have a tough time getting there if they do not have that runner that u will know get 1st. which they dont but its not impossible

i was actually asking what the record for points at region is but thank you for giving me that anyway. i agree that it would be tough for them to do and like i said i would rather they dont just because they are no where near being one of the best a/aa teams since the 3 division splits. that is the other thing, that fra 01 team is easily the best team since the split but there were better teams before that when d2 schools ran small school. basically records in xc dont count for much because there are way too many variables

i was actually asking what the record for points at region is but thank you for giving me that anyway. i agree that it would be tough for them to do and like i said i would rather they dont just because they are no where near being one of the best a/aa teams since the 3 division splits. that is the other thing, that fra 01 team is easily the best team since the split but there were better teams before that when d2 schools ran small school. basically records in xc dont count for much because there are way too many variables

the old course is about a minute faster than the course now if u had the couple yards they added to the course last year and the 176 yards or meters thats on this years course so having 6 guys run sub 17 is definately better than fra's team in 01 if i remember their times correctly. anyone have those so i can compare them?