Cloudland's New Coach

krichunaka

I agree. But Pujo, I must say... and I may be a little biased here - there's only one person for that job and you know who I'm talking about. The timing's off by a year.

Nothing would make me happier, regardless I just want to see someone who will get the most out of these kids. We just need a leader who won't take no crap and teach them the kind of effort it takes to tackle life.Teach them about doing things with PRIDE. To many kids nowadays who try to do the very least they can and just barely get by. I want my kids to give it their all. from the time they walk out the door in the morning until they lay down at night. We don't need our teachers or coaches cheating our kids. Its their job to get the most out of every student and athelete. Its a hard job, thats why we need hard people.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet chambers would be a good coach. who watches more ball games than anyone else. he waas a good player and knows baseball very well. send hom on up

I have a passion for Baseball, but our feeder programs are behind everybody in the civilized world. After t ball, its pretty much over until Jr High. Something has to be done if we are ever going to compete. Our options are horrible. The best option I've found is USSSA. Not to many people are willing to go that route. I'd love to see it fixed.

Best of luck to Keith, I know I have been one of the unhappy ones on here this year. I just hope that Cloudland not only looks at some of the coachs allready in the system, but looks out side the box at some new blood. Maby someone to come in and change things around mix it up a little bit and try something different. I beleave that Appalachia Virginia's coach would be a nice new face to add. He knows how to make a small school like Cloudland win.

If the "only person for that job" isn't, or doesn't become available, will they hire someone now at Cloudland High, or Cloudland Elementary?

How'bout Todd Barnett? Is he still at Liberty Bell?

Irish, I'm sorry, I seem to have bumped into you with this post. I think the biggest concern is that whomever they hire is someone who can keep the group now at Cloudland together. Seldom are numerous teaching positions made available for staff.

Edited by krichunaka

The reason I didn't say Todd was becouse I wouldn't think that he would leave the money he is makeing for Carter County schools but he would make a really good head coach at Cloudland. He knows his offense and special teams very well.

Great point. And though a little off the subject, it's time we considered actually paying coaches to coach. In most counties coaches are given an unbelievably low supplement, which, after accounting for film study, clinincs (often paid for out of pocket), etc., would no doubt amount to less than a dollar an hour. In fact, some systems only allow for a couple assistants; a terrible injustice.

Great point. And though a little off the subject, it's time we considered actually paying coaches to coach. In most counties coaches are given an unbelievably low supplement, which, after accounting for film study, clinincs (often paid for out of pocket), etc., would no doubt amount to less than a dollar an hour. In fact, some systems only allow for a couple assistants; a terrible injustice.

Another thing everybody seems to forget, there has to be a position open to move or hire a coach, this sometimes is a problem. I know if they want it, it will happen but we tend to forget that the kids are there to learn and while sports are a very motivating and maturing part of growing up, it's still hard to "find" a coach with the correct teaching credentials since the NCLB that has the skill and knowledge. Just opinion.

I have a passion for Baseball, but our feeder programs are behind everybody in the civilized world. After t ball, its pretty much over until Jr High. Something has to be done if we are ever going to compete. Our options are horrible. The best option I've found is USSSA. Not to many people are willing to go that route. I'd love to see it fixed.

Pujo,

Chambers has won one usssa state championship and i thnk was second this season with a couple of our boys tayllr lanthorn adn seth miller. i wish we could fix up the new park and have some good baseball in the community

Another thing everybody seems to forget, there has to be a position open to move or hire a coach, this sometimes is a problem. I know if they want it, it will happen but we tend to forget that the kids are there to learn and while sports are a very motivating and maturing part of growing up, it's still hard to "find" a coach with the correct teaching credentials since the NCLB that has the skill and knowledge. Just opinion.

Another good point. In fact, that's one of the reasons I mentioned Coach Barnett. He's a terrific Math/Algebra/Geometry teacher. But no doubt, the money would be the biggest deterrent.

We need to start at the top and get a new Superintendent who cares about our school system and not just his paycheck. Please don't get me started!!!

While I am on the band wagon ~ To all Fellow Carter Countians: The Coffee Company downtown Eliz said while I was asking them to do an add for our program that "Quote" (right out of the owners mouth) "We only support city schools"