I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Luv them She Devils! What about you, PT and RaiderRay?

What I saw tonight is what everyone has been saying for 2 years now. When Nicole Dickson shows up ready to play, she is almost impossible to stop. The first quarter was almost a clinic. 3 pointer, hop drive floater, power move underneath, spin and hit the jumper.

That and the fact that Greeneville plays swarming, tough defense. If they don't ease up and let Powell throw in some home run balls at the end, they hold another opponent to 40 or less. Powell's press was never a factor.

Hollifield had about the quietest 16 points you would ever see.

Also, hat's off to both groups of fans. A very good showing from Powell, and the Greeneville faithfull turned out pretty well tonight.

The She Devils are now 19-0 in 2007. I really hope they come home 22-0.

I think playing 6 girls for three straight nights is going to be tough for them, though. :lol:

:lol:

Luv them She Devils! What about you, PT and RaiderRay?

Love? I dont know about that.. :lol:

But from what I heard on the radio - we had some unforseen circumstances go down here at the office so I didnt make the trip - Nicole Dickson continues to carry her team.

Thats scary, because she's really came to play 2 or 3 games in the last week and if she comes to play every night....and that's scary, because she's almost unstopable (and does that without breaking a sweat)...Especially with the group of girls complementing her. Continuing on Nicole's play, I know she's been ragged and busted on for not giving a full effort, but she just makes it look so easy that I could see why it wouldnt seem like she's giving a 100-percent effort (Of course, I've only seen a handful of GHS games, mostly coming in the past 3 weeks).

If Dickson can do that night-in, night-out next year....Greeneville very likely will take home another IMAC Banner.

Carter can score or just be a quiet role playing PG, McIntyre can score too, or she can be a defensive player and making plays happen on both ends of the court. Haven't heard much of Lamons lately, but she can be an outside scoring threat - just needs to be a bit more consistent. Collins makes things happen on offense and can take a load off of Deans/Dickson by putting another big in there for the defense to guard.

Deans has been very quiet this postseason offensively, with the exception of the D2-AAA title game and the Region 1 quarterfinals. But while she is quiet offensively, she's a presence there inside and always a threat to knock down that mid-to-long range jumper. The thing I like most about Deans, is again, anytime her girl touches the ball, its never where that girl wants to get it at. Deans just makes her girl get the ball at the free-throw line or above. I wonder how much the physical style of Boone and Powell affected her offensively?

That said, I think Greeneville got in the worst bracket of the two for the state. A possible semifinal with Cleveland doesnt loom friendly, but we shall see. Although the best news of the night for a Greeneville fan was that Wilson Central got bounced. I think Greeneville can hang with any of the 7 other teams down there (They hung with Cleveland at home), but as ray said...the GHS six-girl rotation is really going to be tested if they have to play 3 games in what would amount to about a 51-hour or so span. Their best bet would try to grab a big, early lead on Clarskville NE and try to give some girls a rest, but....getting a big, early lead just isnt probably going to happen at this time of year, nor is it likely to happen with Greeneville's style of play.

Fatigue could be a factor, but if they get to Saturday night, I think adrenaline and every other emotion would just kick in for another 32 minutes...

I'm not sure of the other 5 teams in the Boro (We all know Oak Ridge and Cleveland), but I think GHS can hang with any of them with their defensive play.

Just looked at the Clarksville NE schedule....yikes...I should've looked at it before that last post

Those girls like to score....Will provide an interesting matchup of their offensve vs. Greeneville's defense.

Greeneville's defense will have to be up to par, because I dont see Greeneville scoring that much to keep pace with them...

Edited by PTSportsWriter

Love? I dont know about that.. :lol:

But from what I heard on the radio - we had some unforseen circumstances go down here at the office so I didnt make the trip - Nicole Dickson continues to carry her team.

Thats scary, because she's really came to play 2 or 3 games in the last week and if she comes to play every night....and that's scary, because she's almost unstopable (and does that without breaking a sweat)...Especially with the group of girls complementing her. Continuing on Nicole's play, I know she's been ragged and busted on for not giving a full effort, but she just makes it look so easy that I could see why it wouldnt seem like she's giving a 100-percent effort (Of course, I've only seen a handful of GHS games, mostly coming in the past 3 weeks).

If Dickson can do that night-in, night-out next year....Greeneville very likely will take home another IMAC Banner.

Carter can score or just be a quiet role playing PG, McIntyre can score too, or she can be a defensive player and making plays happen on both ends of the court. Haven't heard much of Lamons lately, but she can be an outside scoring threat - just needs to be a bit more consistent. Collins makes things happen on offense and can take a load off of Deans/Dickson by putting another big in there for the defense to guard.

Deans has been very quiet this postseason offensively, with the exception of the D2-AAA title game and the Region 1 quarterfinals. But while she is quiet offensively, she's a presence there inside and always a threat to knock down that mid-to-long range jumper. The thing I like most about Deans, is again, anytime her girl touches the ball, its never where that girl wants to get it at. Deans just makes her girl get the ball at the free-throw line or above. I wonder how much the physical style of Boone and Powell affected her offensively?

That said, I think Greeneville got in the worst bracket of the two for the state. A possible semifinal with Cleveland doesnt loom friendly, but we shall see. Although the best news of the night for a Greeneville fan was that Wilson Central got bounced. I think Greeneville can hang with any of the 7 other teams down there (They hung with Cleveland at home), but as ray said...the GHS six-girl rotation is really going to be tested if they have to play 3 games in what would amount to about a 51-hour or so span. Their best bet would try to grab a big, early lead on Clarskville NE and try to give some girls a rest, but....getting a big, early lead just isnt probably going to happen at this time of year, nor is it likely to happen with Greeneville's style of play.

Fatigue could be a factor, but if they get to Saturday night, I think adrenaline and every other emotion would just kick in for another 32 minutes...

I'm not sure of the other 5 teams in the Boro (We all know Oak Ridge and Cleveland), but I think GHS can hang with any of them with their defensive p

Congratulations Lady Devils! There are a few things that I want to respond to today. I am wondering if the people on this board are thinking that Nicole had a different game because she was able to touch the ball? From what I have seen from the season, when she touches the ball, she is going to make something happen. This season has been designed to make Dean have what most think has been a great season. So, I think people forget that if you don't touch the ball, you can't make things happen. Having a great season is more than being the high scorer, you have to have the ability to make things happen all around you. I heard all the noise about Dean's this Dean's that. Ask yourself, this is the post season, is she giving 100% when playing with the bigger Girls? The Player of the year should be making things happen on every end of the floor. Has this happened not only in the post season, but all season long. Oh, I know you are going to go on the attack because I am not allowed to think differently than most of you from G"ville. This is the time of the year that stepping up your game is the most important. One lost, and you are home. I could see this board today if Dickson had not had a great game or what some of you consider being a great game. There would have been so many negative post about her not giving 100%. Well, come on Greeneville fans, Deans has not had the best post season this year, but I guess that is okay, she deserves a break. Only the player you feel like deserve a break gets it. Right? We in Greeneville hold our players to different standards. Also, I am so tired of hearing for Crumbley saying, "If she want to play,"I talked with Nicole told and told her with her ability, she needed to dominate people on the court and she made an effort to do that tonight,'' said Crumbley. ". This is Crumbley quote directly for Tricitiessport. Well Crumbley, if you want to continue on the route to a championship (state,) you might need to have this talk with your team as a whole. So, before you respond, my opionion. Get over it!

Edited by greenevillefan91

GHS shut down Powell's big girl in the second half. I don't think she scored in the fourth quarter. Collins played inspired defense, causing Powell to take outside shots, which took them out of their game.

On the other hand, no one could stop Dickson. If she continues, Greeneville could go farther than most people expect.

Carter has been hitting shots exactly when GHS needs it. She's playing as well as I've ever seen her play.

Deans was relentless on the boards...she has the heart of a champ. McIntyre and Lammons continue to do positive things that don't necessarily make the boxscore. When they hit their shots, and the others do their parts, GHS can play with anybody!

It's a four peat and not many athletes in any sport can claim that. Four times for Carter and Dean, This a moment that is very important for the She Devils as it becomes a program expectation. Often what separates athletes or teams of relatively similar abilities is expectations and goals and believing in everyone around them.

Congratulations Lady Devils! There are a few things that I want to respond to today. I am wondering if the people on this board are thinking that Nicole had a different game because she was able to touch the ball? From what I have seen from the season, when she touches the ball, she is going to make something happen. This season has been designed to make Dean have what most think has been a great season. So, I think people forget that if you don't touch the ball, you can't make things happen. Having a great season is more than being the high scorer, you have to have the ability to make things happen all around you. I heard all the noise about Dean's this Dean's that. Ask yourself, this is the post season, is she giving 100% when playing with the bigger Girls? The Player of the year should be making things happen on every end of the floor. Has this happened not only in the post season, but all season long. Oh, I know you are going to go on the attack because I am not allowed to think differently than most of you from G"ville. This is the time of the year that stepping up your game is the most important. One lost, and you are home. I could see this board today if Dickson had not had a great game or what some of you consider being a great game. There would have been so many negative post about her not giving 100%. Well, come on Greeneville fans, Deans has not had the best post season this year, but I guess that is okay, she deserves a break. Only the player you feel like deserve a break gets it. Right? We in Greeneville hold our players to different standards. Also, I am so tired of hearing for Crumbley saying, "If she want to play,"I talked with Nicole told and told her with her ability, she needed to dominate people on the court and she made an effort to do that tonight,'' said Crumbley. ". This is Crumbley quote directly for Tricitiessport. Well Crumbley, if you want to continue on the route to a championship (state,) you might need to have this talk with your team as a whole. So, before you respond, my opionion. Get over it!

Jeez....Sounds like your opionion isnt highly favorable of Deans, or well anyone....I'd hate to see it if they were a run of the mill, ballclub like the other 5 IMAC teams....

But....from reading other threads, it seems like your opionion isnt popular with other Greeneville fans.

That said, Greeneville's run of this calendar year has been total team play. They dont have 5 scorers, they are not an offensive team. Crumbley told me this after their D2-AAA tourney win over Cocke County.

Instead, I think Greeneville has hit a run as a team where everyone just plays to their role.

Dickson is the big offensive contributor, Deans has been quiet but she makes things happen. McIntyre has been just a playmaker and Carter has been clutch. Collins and Lamons have also had big shots and key plays too. Seems to me like everyone knows their role, what they are supposed to do and just executes their role to as close as to perfection as possible. I'm not sure if thats the designed role by Crumbley and her staff, but....thats what it appears to be from an outsider. Sort of sounds like Maryville football, nothing fancy, nothing spectacular....just perform and execute your role....