Hunters Lane vs. Hendersonville

CHS 2007

ok since you bleed black an gold im guessin youre a h-ville fan look man i know youre dissapointed but stuff happens yall juss got beat just like before our defense palyed well an you guys couldnt stop the run an the only reason yall scored was cause a muff on a punt return im pretty sure if h-ville would have won you would have been on the h-ville band wagon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We fought hard, as did Hendersonville. We totally dominated the first half offensively, but only got 13 points. The dropped punt just before the half gave Hendersonville a chance. However, our defense was tough the second half. Hendersonville never really threatened the second half. Offensively, we just ate up clock, punted them in the hole, and held on.

Hendersonville should be commended on their effort, toughness, and sportsmanship. They are a classy group.

As for Ravenwood, I don't expect anyone to give us a chance. No one has all season. We were picked near the bottom of our region, but finished 2nd. We were considered underdogs against Brentwood, but prevailed. We beat Hendersonville twice in 3 weeks. Now we enter the third round of the playoffs as underdogs yet again. We aren't seeking credit from outsiders, my brothers on the team give me all I need.

we beat h-ville twice an brentwood an we are the only 5-5a team left we werent even picked to make the playoffs this year an look what we have done we finally have a defense this year an thats all we were lacking so thats why we have made it this far an from what we have done you should respect us plus we got good sportsmanship we allways pray with our opponents

No excuses, Hunters Lane was just the better team tonight. Too many mistakes and when Hendersonville could not run between the tackles in the 2nd half you could see the writing on the wall. Hunters Lane has:

Class team

Class coaching staff

Pathetic fan support, when the game started Hendersonville had 4 to 5 times more fans in the stands. The Hunters Lane kids deserve better than that but typical of Metro schools it probably will not get any better any time soon. Good luck against Ravenwood.

No excuses, Hunters Lane was just the better team tonight. Too many mistakes and when Hendersonville could not run between the tackles in the 2nd half you could see the writing on the wall. Hunters Lane has:

Class team

Class coaching staff

Pathetic fan support, when the game started Hendersonville had 4 to 5 times more fans in the stands. The Hunters Lane kids deserve better than that but typical of Metro schools it probably will not get any better any time soon. Good luck against Ravenwood.

Thanks Mondo. We were very fortunate again. That game could have gone either way, just like 2 weeks ago. I think both of our teams should be proud. We both went from not making the playoffs last year, to winning in the playoffs this season. I think one of the keys for us was the FCA camp at TN Tech. Yall were there too. I know we bonded together well there and yall seem to be very tight and close as well. Congratulations on a great season and again thanks for the comments on our team and coaches.

We fought hard, as did Hendersonville. We totally dominated the first half offensively, but only got 13 points. The dropped punt just before the half gave Hendersonville a chance. However, our defense was tough the second half. Hendersonville never really threatened the second half. Offensively, we just ate up clock, punted them in the hole, and held on.

Hendersonville should be commended on their effort, toughness, and sportsmanship. They are a classy group.

As for Ravenwood, I don't expect anyone to give us a chance. No one has all season. We were picked near the bottom of our region, but finished 2nd. We were considered underdogs against Brentwood, but prevailed. We beat Hendersonville twice in 3 weeks. Now we enter the third round of the playoffs as underdogs yet again. We aren't seeking credit from outsiders, my brothers on the team give me all I need.

I don't believe many people gave Ravenwood a chance last year either and look how that turned out. I think your team has just as good as a chance as anyone else. I do have to agree with the other poster the fan base is pathetic and your students and teachers and parents need to come show their support.

I read where HHS had 4 fumbles lost, one at the HL 5 yard line in the first half. Was this the difference? It appears both teams played good defense for the most part, and had a spurt of offense here and there. Sounds like turnovers doomed HHS.

Congrats on a good season Hendersonville, it was a big improvement over last year! Commando Pride!

I read where HHS had 4 fumbles lost, one at the HL 5 yard line in the first half. Was this the difference? It appears both teams played good defense for the most part, and had a spurt of offense here and there. Sounds like turnovers doomed HHS.

Congrats on a good season Hendersonville, it was a big improvement over last year! Commando Pride!

Fumbling on the 5 yard line will do that to you. In all accounts...Hendersonville shouldnt have scored anything. McClain from HL fumbling that punt late in the first half gave HHS another chance to score, and they converted. That was as close as the Commandos got the endzone for the rest of the game.