Collegiate Volleyball Tournaments

TheGreatLineJudge

November 10-11: TranSouth Conference (NAIA) Tournament @ Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN Link

Friday - Starts at 9 am, matches scheduled every 2 hours with the final start at 7 pm; dual courts

Saturday - Starts at 9 am, matches scheduled every 2 hours with the final scheduled for 3 pm; single court; 5 pm championship match if necessary (double elimination)

November 17-18: NAIA Region XI @ Cumberland; times TBA; semis on Friday, finals on Saturday

November 17-18: Atlantic Sun Conference (NCAA Division I) Tournament @ Belmont University, Nashville, TN Link

Enjoy!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in the Knoxville area that wants to see some high-quality volleyball, look no further than Stokely Athletics Center next Friday night -- Tennessee vs. Florida. That's been THE match to see in the SEC the last two years, and the Lady Vols don't lose at home very often. Should be a good one as long as UT can stay at a high level of play for a whole match.

Oh yeah -- the SEC did away with a conference tournament for volleyball, so the season ends next weekend. Looks like the SEC should get at least 3 teams in the NCAA, maybe 4 (Florida and LSU for sure, UT and Kentucky probably, Bama sort of on the bubble).

Spent the day at the A-Sun Tournament held at Belmont U. Some really good volleyball was played. Mercer, although losing to Lipscomb, gave them a real fight. Jacksonville U beat #1 seed ETSU to secure a place in the finals.

The Lipscomb/Belmont game tonight was a great party. I'll bet there were over 500 people there, the pep band and the dance team. It was a terrific atmosphere.

Daughter and I took a "mental health day" from school and work to watch some of favorite "home grown" players ...

From Lipscomb: Grace Gilmore (BGA), Ashley Cox (B'wood), Jessica Turner (B'wood), Lindsey Rutherford (Hendersonville), Ann Mullins (Fr Ryan)

From Mercer: Karen Dorris (Lipscomb), Kim Rutherford (Hendersonville)

Not to mention all the Lipscomb and Belmont players who coach at Impact and Williamson Select.

And, of course, our favorite TGLJ at the far corner...

Since this is for high school sports why dont you post it under coach t college sports, why not keep college games and scores within the coach t college.

Most people don't know about or don't notice the collegiate board. This is something of interest to high school fans; if it didn't get noticed, people wouldn't know about it til too late.

Also, the championship is being shown live on the internet.

http://www.atlanticsun.org/volleyball/voll...hampionship.asp

Go down under 'Schedule' to Nov 18, 1:00 pm and click on live video. Enjoy!

Edited by TheGreatLineJudge

The NAIA National tournament will be held in Columbia, MO starting November 29 and running through December 2. There are 2 teams from TN (Lee U. and King) that qualified and another team very close to my heart, from KY that made it.

Here's link to teams that qualified: http://naia.cstv.com/sports/w-volley/spec-rel/111906aaf.html

My daughter and I were at the Region XI final in Lebanon and watched a great finals match between Freed Hardeman(sp?) and Georgetown College. Gtown finally pulled it out in game 5 but it was an exciting match to watch!

Spent the day at the A-Sun Tournament held at Belmont U. Some really good volleyball was played. Mercer, although losing to Lipscomb, gave them a real fight. Jacksonville U beat #1 seed ETSU to secure a place in the finals.

The Lipscomb/Belmont game tonight was a great party. I'll bet there were over 500 people there, the pep band and the dance team. It was a terrific atmosphere.

Daughter and I took a "mental health day" from school and work to watch some of favorite "home grown" players ...

From Lipscomb: Grace Gilmore (BGA), Ashley Cox (B'wood), Jessica Turner (B'wood), Lindsey Rutherford (Hendersonville), Ann Mullins (Fr Ryan)

From Mercer: Karen Dorris (Lipscomb), Kim Rutherford (Hendersonville)

Not to mention all the Lipscomb and Belmont players who coach at Impact and Williamson Select.

And, of course, our favorite TGLJ at the far corner...

it WAS a great weekend at Belmont... official attendance for the Belmont -Lipscomb game was over 1100. Interesting that UT had 800+ at Stokley and it was the third largest crowd ever there, so the A-Sun crowd was awesome.

I agree, this is a good forum for this as there are so many local volleyball players and coaches that participate. Good job.