Ravenwood@Hunters Lane(round3)

HLHS

can HLHS pull another upset? the answer is its possible some doubt them some are still shocked on how they have triumphed past brentwood an h-ville an are the only 5-5a team remaining an have lasted longer than predicted 5a champ gallatin who was sent home during week 1 after a undefeated regular season...what is to come of this young warrior team we will find out friday...will there cinderalla season end or will it end to be or not to be ....lol :thumb: who you guys got in this one ? but one things for sure we know its the playoffs its either bring your 'A game or go home' an HLHS an ravenwood have both brought there A game now who do you guys have going home

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can HLHS pull another upset? the answer is its possible some doubt them some are still shocked on how they have triumphed past brentwood an h-ville an are the only 5-5a team remaining an have lasted longer than predicted 5a champ gallatin who was sent home during week 1 after a undefeated regular season...what is to come of this young warrior team we will find out friday...will there cinderalla season end or will it end to be or not to be ....lol :blink: who you guys got in this one ? but one things for sure we know its the playoffs its either bring your 'A game or go home' an HLHS an ravenwood have both brought there A game now who do you guys have going home

Go home and go to bed...I'll take the team with the 8-4 record. Sweet dreams!!

yep that about says it all but I see Ravenwood as having a much better shot to beet the memphis team and tehn a have a close game in the BCB. I dont think Hunters lane has enough 'swagger' to beat the memphis team AND be able to keep the title game close.

I hope for a Good clean game and SAFE game.

Good Luck

Considering both teams have 8-4 records...

HL will have their work cut out for them Friday. Ravenwood has a decent passing game, and I dont think HL has faced a passing attack all year. Majority of the teams they play are run oriented. I know the Raptors picked away at Gallatins secondary pretty easily.

For the Warriors to come out with another W, they need to get out of the habit of making stupid mistakes. Fumbling a punt that led to a touchdown...wasting a timeout on a PAT...delay of game penalties....they need to get out of that funk. They had good chances to score more points tonight, but couldnt convert. It doesnt help that they dont have a kicker that cant kick a field goal any farther than the 20.

On paper, it looks like Ravenwood has the advantage in every catagory...but I think Hunters Lane will put up a good fight, just like Antioch did tonight. Maybe not leave with a victory, but they will sure make Ravenwood earn their trip to the semis.

Good luck to both teams Friday.

Considering both teams have 8-4 records...

HL will have their work cut out for them Friday. Ravenwood has a decent passing game, and I dont think HL has faced a passing attack all year. Majority of the teams they play are run oriented. I know the Raptors picked away at Gallatins secondary pretty easily.

For the Warriors to come out with another W, they need to get out of the habit of making stupid mistakes. Fumbling a punt that led to a touchdown...wasting a timeout on a PAT...delay of game penalties....they need to get out of that funk. They had good chances to score more points tonight, but couldnt convert. It doesnt help that they dont have a kicker that cant kick a field goal any farther than the 20.

On paper, it looks like Ravenwood has the advantage in every catagory...but I think Hunters Lane will put up a good fight, just like Antioch did tonight. Maybe not leave with a victory, but they will sure make Ravenwood earn their trip to the semis.

Good luck to both teams Friday.

I know that both teams have the same record. I was trying to get our friend HLHS to calm down and get himself to bed before he gave to much bulletin board stuff to Ravenwood.

can HLHS pull another upset? the answer is its possible some doubt them some are still shocked on how they have triumphed past brentwood an h-ville an are the only 5-5a team remaining an have lasted longer than predicted 5a champ gallatin who was sent home during week 1 after a undefeated regular season...what is to come of this young warrior team we will find out friday...will there cinderalla season end or will it end to be or not to be ....lol :blink: who you guys got in this one ? but one things for sure we know its the playoffs its either bring your 'A game or go home' an HLHS an ravenwood have both brought there A game now who do you guys have going home

"Can HL pull anothe upset?" It seems to me HL is the 2nd seed while the Raptors are the 4th seed. With the Region 5-5A whipping up on the 6-5A in the first round and HL is playing at home, it would make more sense for the Raptor to be the underdog in this game..

"Can HL pull anothe upset?" It seems to me HL is the 2nd seed while the Raptors are the 4th seed. With the Region 5-5A whipping up on the 6-5A in the first round and HL is playing at home, it would make more sense for the Raptor to be the underdog in this game.

I hope we are the underdogs this week. We seem to perform better when our backs are against the wall. Should be another exciting playoff game. Any Hendersonville or Brentwood (fan) game insight into this one?

Thanks again to all the Raptor Nation parents that brought "food" for tailgating. We will do the same for the Hunters Lane game.

"WE BELIEVE"

"Can HL pull anothe upset?" It seems to me HL is the 2nd seed while the Raptors are the 4th seed. With the Region 5-5A whipping up on the 6-5A in the first round and HL is playing at home, it would make more sense for the Raptor to be the underdog in this game.

I hope we are the underdogs this week. We seem to perform better when our backs are against the wall. Should be another exciting playoff game. Any Hendersonville or Brentwood (fan) game insight into this one?

Thanks again to all the Raptor Nation parents that brought "food" for tailgating. We will do the same for the Hunters Lane game.

"WE BELIEVE"

can HLHS pull another upset? the answer is its possible some doubt them some are still shocked on how they have triumphed past brentwood an h-ville an are the only 5-5a team remaining an have lasted longer than predicted 5a champ gallatin who was sent home during week 1 after a undefeated regular season...what is to come of this young warrior team we will find out friday...will there cinderalla season end or will it end to be or not to be ....lol :thumb: who you guys got in this one ? but one things for sure we know its the playoffs its either bring your 'A game or go home' an HLHS an ravenwood have both brought there A game now who do you guys have going home

Nice photo...what happened next...did 2 make the tackle or 77 run you down from behind?

Insight on Hunters Lane:

- They won't pass more than 10 times a game unless they are down

- If you wrap up #44 and hold contain on the HB's you should win.

- Always stay at home and don't overpersuit.

Really the whole key to the Hunters Lane offense is trying to arrange their plays to put their speed at an advantage. They will hit you with a sweep one play, a midline play, then hit you with a reverse.

Just stay at home and you should have it.

Up fron they base block most of the time with a little of other stuff.

Defense wise they just run a 4-3 with alot of speed and run some different stunts involving the LB's.

Good luck to both teams and have a good safe game

Anyone got insight on Ravenwood?

Edited by BarnBurner09

Insight on Hunters Lane:

- They won't pass more than 10 times a game unless they are down

- If you wrap up #44 and hold contain on the HB's you should win.

- Always stay at home and don't overpersuit.

Really the whole key to the Hunters Lane offense is trying to arrange their plays to put their speed at an advantage. They will hit you with a sweep one play, a midline play, then hit you with a reverse.

Just stay at home and you should have it.

Up fron they base block most of the time with a little of other stuff.

Defense wise they just run a 4-3 with alot of speed and run some different stunts involving the LB's.

Good luck to both teams and have a good safe game

Anyone got insight on Ravenwood?

Ravenwood struggled early due to a tough schedule combined with injuries. As of late though they have been one of the best teams in the state.

Becker is a great young passer who can also run the ball.

Laidlaw is a very dangerous power runner who is very good at finding the holes in the line.

Their front 7 is descent, but their secondary is what shuts the teams down. If you can keep it on the ground, you might be able to wear them down.

Their kicker does not have a very strong leg, and struggles from more than 30 yards out. Keep them out of the redzone and you should stall them out.

One more thing, Rector is probably the smartest coach in Williamson County. He is one of the best and studying the other teams habits and adjusting his gameplan accordingly. If you want to beat Ravenwood, you have to come out with some new plays and do some things they won't expect.