Ravenwood@Hunters Lane(round3)

HLHS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not getting breaks doesn't mean they weren't playing well.

They had some killer bad luck early on and they've turned it around. I didn't mean that as anything against the program. I have absolutely the utmost respect for the Ravenwood program, especially coach Rector--my hero. All I was saying is that in addition to their hard work, things out of their control are starting to go their way.

Edited by donathan5507

A really good game from my eye. Ravenwood had trouble stopping the run of Hunters Lane..and the Warriors had problems stopping the pass of the Raptors. Blown opportunites by the Warriors cost them dearly.

First play of the game, Kennerley of HL took a handoff and sprinted for 58 yards. The drive stalled on the Ravenwood 8, with a 4th and Goal try failed. Ravenwood went 3 and out, and the punt return by McClain went down to the RHS 15. Again, drive stalled with no points.

Again and again...the Warriors got huge runs from either Clay, McClain, or Kennerley, but couldnt finish. I think they were 2-5 in the redzone, which wont win you ball games.

Ravenwoods passing game was solid...completing 5 passes of 40+ yards. The run game was good as well.

Key play of the game in my opinion was the only turnover of the game... Kendrick Walker of HL dropped back for a pass on their own 20, down by 8. Threw a pass intended for McClain, but was intercepted and returned to the Warriors 5. Led to a touchdown. Warriors couldnt recover.

I congratulate Ravenwood on a game well played. Wish them the best when the travel to White Station. I saw both players and coaches show great respect for each other before, during, and after the game. To Hunters Lane...a season to remember. You played your hearts out...and thats all we ask of you.

I'll add this .............of all 3 playoff games...Hunters Lane showed more class than the other 2 teams combined.....they played hard, fast, and very clean...no mouth...just play......take a bow gentleman....you deserve it!

Yea we won it was awesome but i think there are some people who havent been recognized that REALLY need to be. For instance the defense does not get any credit what so ever. Cleckner being the leader is a BIG playmaker for the raptors and the core of the secondary Ford is probly the most underrated CB in all of Tenn. but he is the best and I just think these guys dont get enough attention for all they contribute in the games they really turn everything thing around.

R-A-P-T-O-R-S GO RAPTORS GO!

Good game tonight guys and as far as fans for HL we cant make students come to the games and half of our school is poor and cant afford to pay 7 dollars to get into a football game. But Ravenwood yall are a good team and i wish yall the best of luck represent the mid state well. I hope that you guys win state. You guys are the real deal and i saw that tonight.

Good game tonight guys and as far as fans for HL we cant make students come to the games and half of our school is poor and cant afford to pay 7 dollars to get into a football game. But Ravenwood yall are a good team and i wish yall the best of luck represent the mid state well. I hope that you guys win state. You guys are the real deal and i saw that tonight.

I can't really describe for you how impressed all of those seated in our section of the stands were with Hunter's Lane. What a terrifc team and a total class operation. Frankly, I don't think anyone near us was confident of the outcome until we stopped HL on 4th down with 35 seconds remaining. Until then everyone knew that HL was potentially two plays away from winning. By far the best team speed we've seen this year (although Antioch was close to being that fast). We made a few really good defensive plays when it counted and Becker was as good as I've seen him all year.

Thanks for being classy hosts at HLHS and congratulations on a great season. I'm truly impressed.

By the way, I heard comments from several HL fans on the size of your turnout. Seems it was your biggest crowd this year and they were treated to a fine ball game.

Edited by Dist11fan

CONGRATS RAPTORS!

I know the Raptors "BELIEVE" and all...but by gosh...you are one of the LUCKIEST teams around! And I mean no disrespect in saying that at all!

Looking at the brackets after tonight's games across the state, you guys have have yet another shot at the state finals! The brackets could not have played out any better for you guys!

Good Luck...and the way you guys are playing right now...I bet many others "BELIEVE" as well!

Coach Rector, you have outdone yourself this year. Nice Work! :thumb:

A Home game would have been nice in the playoffs. It's tough to go into someone backyard and pull out a win. We've enjoyed going to other teams stadiums outside our own region. It has been a real experience to play at Gallatin and Hunter Lane due to the unique stadiums.

Edited by rapbwood

One other comment. The only regret from last Friday is that one of the best and toughest football players I have ever played with was not allowed to play. Ben Brooks, the only lineman that plays both ways for us, was forced to watch from the sidelines because the doctor wouldn't let him play. He got a stinger in practice Monday and the doctor wouldn't clear him.

Ben, you are a true warrior and I am proud you are my teammate. I hope my class is as good at leadership next year as your class was this year. I know we will see you playing college ball next season.