McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While both teams are very strong and have alot of talent, im going with mccallie. I know that Brentwood lost thier starting tailback Chirs Jordan to a leg injury and now are looking for backups Ford and Caffee, to step it up. Although ford ran all over Mccallie last year and was then a starter, McCallie seems to get better every week. Although McCallie won the frist meeting wit BA 28-21, McCallie lead at half time 28-0. But Brentwood is known for steppin it up when it comes to playoff games. I believe Brentwood has been to the last 3 or 2 state games and lost them all. This will be a well fought game between 2 very good teams!good luck to both teams, McCallie by 14! :)

While both teams are very strong and have alot of talent, im going with mccallie. I know that Brentwood lost thier starting tailback Chirs Jordan to a leg injury and now are looking for backups Ford and Caffee, to step it up. Although ford ran all over Mccallie last year and was then a starter, McCallie seems to get better every week. Although McCallie won the frist meeting wit BA 28-21, McCallie lead at half time 28-0. But Brentwood is known for steppin it up when it comes to playoff games. I believe Brentwood has been to the last 3 or 2 state games and lost them all. This will be a well fought game between 2 very good teams!good luck to both teams, McCallie by 14! :thumb:

The score was 21 to 14 at the half. Regardless, both teams are playing well

and it should be a great game. BA defensive line will be the key. If they

can put relentless pressure on Coleman, then BA will bring home the gold

ball. I'm looking for a reverse score from the regular season game.

BA 28 McCallie 21

Pretty evenly matched teams. Whichever team can dictate the tempo and execute their game plan better will win. BA will try to play ball control with their pound it out ground game and short passes. McCallie will try to get the big play.

Should be fun to watch. The last State Championship game between these two schools was a classic, although sadly the wrong team won! :thumb:

My predictioon for this year is that the Eagles do what they have for the past several seasons...lose to McCallie in the regular season then go on to beat them in the playoffs.

BA-35

Mc-20

Edited by itzme

We all know this will be an outstanding game, but my thoughts are that BA will pull this one out. I think the x-factor that decided the 28-21 victory for McCallie was that McCallie showed up to play in the first half, and BA did not. After the first half of the game, BA pretty much controlled the game. So if BA shows up to play in the first half of the game they will be very hard to stop, this is why I will put my money on BA.

Pretty evenly matched teams. Whichever team can dictate the tempo and execute their game plan better will win. BA will try to play ball control with their pound it out ground game and short passes. McCallie will try to get the big play.

Should be fun to watch. The last State Championship game between these two schools was a classic, although sadly the wrong team won! :thumb:

My predictioon for this year is that the Eagles do what they have for the past several seasons...lose to McCallie in the regular season then go on to beat them in the playoffs.

BA-35

Mc-20

How do you predict BA to win by 15 points when they got beat earlier in the season by McCallie? Doesn't make sense... McCallie's offense is rolling right now just like it has been all year. If McCallie's defense gets 2 turnovers the game is over.

How do you predict BA to win by 15 points when they got beat earlier in the season by McCallie? Doesn't make sense... McCallie's offense is rolling right now just like it has been all year. If McCallie's defense gets 2 turnovers the game is over.

I certainly could be proven wrong.

McCallie does have the best "big play" offense in DII, but BA's defense is looking pretty strong as well. You might check the "Schedules" section to review that. I would agree that if either team is a +2 or more in the turnover stat, they will probably win the game, but that's fairly predictable in a closely matched contest.

I think either team would be very happy with a 1 point victory.