McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

Two years ago when the D-II games were managed by the Clinic Bowl committee the BA-MUS game was on Comcast and was shown all over the southeastern US. All of the D-II schools were happy with the Clinic Bowl set-up at Vandy even when it meant working around the UT-Vandy game. This is not meant to say anything bad about the people at MTSU as they were good host at the MUS-CBHS game the next year but as we all know MTSU is not in a D-II town. Not sure how things will change now that D-II is back to two games and the championship games will be played on Thanksgiving weekend.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a slightly different subject, what has happened to all those people who guaranteed Potter was headed to BA?

I don't think any BA people were saying that on this board. However, since then, and I did not even mention it because it was just talk. I did hear for the first time from BA people that there has been talk with Coach Potter. When I asked why he would possibly be interested? I was told that one of the BA theories was that there is not a lot of talent in the immediate pipeline at McCallie and he likes to win. Now, that is a RUMOR that I heard the night of our Championship game. I have not heard it from a second source, nor have I heard it again. Shortly after that I heard much stronger rumors that Coach Rutledge was interested. I think both of those guys are too smart to take the job without getting the athletic director job and I am not sure if that job is available.

I don't think any BA people were saying that on this board. However, since then, and I did not even mention it because it was just talk. I did hear for the first time from BA people that there has been talk with Coach Potter. When I asked why he would possibly be interested? I was told that one of the BA theories was that there is not a lot of talent in the immediate pipeline at McCallie and he likes to win. Now, that is a RUMOR that I heard the night of our Championship game. I have not heard it from a second source, nor have I heard it again. Shortly after that I heard much stronger rumors that Coach Rutledge was interested. I think both of those guys are too smart to take the job without getting the athletic director job and I am not sure if that job is available.

If it is true that the AD job is not open, then BA will never get a new head coach that will last.

What I've heard is a week old, but here goes (standard disclaimers about rumors and sources apply)--Flatt is retiring. There was a meeting before the championshipp games between Flatt, the BA headmaster (Masters, I think?), and Rutledge. The meeting went well and it seemed as if an offer was imminent. Apparently Rutledge started making calls to try and put together a staff or to inquire as to the availabilty and interest of other coaches...word got back to BA and as no deal had been struck they (BA) were a bit miffed and chose not to pursue Rutledge any further. I do know that there is a connection between the McCallie AD and Flatt, so a connection there to Potter is not out of the question. Time will tell....

What I've heard is a week old, but here goes (standard disclaimers about rumors and sources apply)--Flatt is retiring. There was a meeting before the championshipp games between Flatt, the BA headmaster (Masters, I think?), and Rutledge. The meeting went well and it seemed as if an offer was imminent. Apparently Rutledge started making calls to try and put together a staff or to inquire as to the availabilty and interest of other coaches...word got back to BA and as no deal had been struck they (BA) were a bit miffed and chose not to pursue Rutledge any further. I do know that there is a connection between the McCallie AD and Flatt, so a connection there to Potter is not out of the question. Time will tell....

If BA does get a new coach, will he be able to bring in his own staff? If so, then what will happen to ALL the coaches that they already have on board.