McCallie vs. Brentwood Academy

Buzzman

Um, to those who are talking about Riverdale, this is a topic about the DII state championship between McCallie and Brentwood Academy.Go create your own topic to argue your own topics. Seriously please stop posting on this one unless you have a point about the GAME! Sorry but its just annoying to try to read about this game and have to go through all that garbage.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, to those who are talking about Riverdale, this is a topic about the DII state championship between McCallie and Brentwood Academy.Go create your own topic to argue your own topics. Seriously please stop posting on this one unless you have a point about the GAME! Sorry but its just annoying to try to read about this game and have to go through all that garbage.

Um, your right I just wasted my time reading your post and it did not have one thing to do with the game. That really is annoying.

Too bad 2a Alcoa is not in DII. They could be the Champs. :D:D

And if Riverdale wins 5A? I've heard you "victimize" Alcoa long enough. In case you don't realize, everyone is aware that Alcoa is a 2A school; technically, so is McCallie. Actually, most schools is Division II are 2A and 3A size. What does that say about their dominance since the split?

I love folks jumping to conclusions. Not EVERYONE at R'dale is hating on McCallie. In fact there are a few of us pulling for them to win it all and will be at MTSU Saturday night rooting for them, that is unless y'all do not want us there. :lol:

Both teams might look back at the end of this year and agree it was the most important game ('cept for the championship game) of the year. Personally, I appreciate R'dale looking for competition, something several local teams avoid.

Now to BA. Yeah, it's difficult to beat a good team twice in the same year. Last time McCallie did was 2001. This team is marginally better than that one although both are two of the best in school history. BA's 2001 team had 3 or 4 (maybe 5) D-1 players who are still playing. Several are still playing at BA's 13th grade - Auburn. McCallie put together a great drive at the end of the game to win (see "The Drive" at McCallie's website).

Who's going to win? Pick whatever football cliche you want. The team with the fewest mistakes, the team that wants it most, etc.

Great skill players all over the field on both sides. My opinion is line play will decide this one (as it does in every game). I think McCallie had a narrow edge in the first game and that was the difference. I believe the key matchup will be McCallies d-line versus BAs o-line. Jeremy Green, Keith Myatt, and Josh Bain must contain Tyree and company to give BJ a chance to work his magic.

Both teams might look back at the end of this year and agree it was the most important game ('cept for the championship game) of the year. Personally, I appreciate R'dale looking for competition, something several local teams avoid.

Now to BA. Yeah, it's difficult to beat a good team twice in the same year. Last time McCallie did was 2001. This team is marginally better than that one although both are two of the best in school history. BA's 2001 team had 3 or 4 (maybe 5) D-1 players who are still playing. Several are still playing at BA's 13th grade - Auburn. McCallie put together a great drive at the end of the game to win (see "The Drive" at McCallie's website).

Who's going to win? Pick whatever football cliche you want. The team with the fewest mistakes, the team that wants it most, etc.

"The Drive" saved McCallie's rear end! They were clearly the best team and the drive saved them from an upset. The next year is when MBA beat a superior BA team. THAT was much more painful.

I think McCallie is a better team this year, as well - overall. BA might have a small talent edge. However, McCallie has a great offensive scheme with a great QB. BA will have to beat the McCallie offensive line. That is their only hope (save an unlikely McCallie turn-over melt down). BA did not beat the McCallie offensive line in the first meeting. I thought we would, but the offensive line was outstanding.

Personally, I appreciate R'dale looking for competition

"Riverdale seeking competition"....talk about irnoy....about as ironic as the Riverdale posters who come here to take shots at DII, even as it was their school who was behind the creation of dII in the first place.

Edited by big red big blue