Early Season State Champion Picks

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A - Not sure... (not that knowledgeable)

AA - David Lipscomb (TEAM)

AAA - Wilson Central (loaded)

Div II - Knox Webb (Glory...enough said)

I could be very wrong and it would not change the predictions but it looks to me that there might not be an undefeated team in any division this year. Teams might have as much as two losses that win the State.

Clarkrange looked pretty dang good last night as they defeated Forest going away.

Greenfield, Red Boiling Springs, Forest, Summertown, all in the mix. (Jackson County could offer some surprises but will not make it to the boro...)

A Clarkrange

Obion Co, Upperman, Austin East, Stone Memorial (new school in Cumberland Co), Northside, Harpeth are teams that will definately be playing in late Feb and early March. It's definately wide open....

AA Upperman

Wilson Central is definately the favorite even with a loss last night to the University of Riverdale. Shelbyville, Cleveland, Riverdale, Mt Juliet, will all compete. Could be some sleepers out there though....

AAA Wilson Central

DII Knoxville Webb ..........enough said.

Clarkrange looked pretty dang good last night as they defeated Forest going away.

Greenfield, Red Boiling Springs, Forest, Summertown, all in the mix. (Jackson County could offer some surprises but will not make it to the boro...)

A Clarkrange

Obion Co, Upperman, Austin East, Stone Memorial (new school in Cumberland Co), Northside, Harpeth are teams that will definately be playing in late Feb and early March. It's definately wide open....

AA Upperman

Wilson Central is definately the favorite even with a loss last night to the University of Riverdale. Shelbyville, Cleveland, Riverdale, Mt Juliet, will all compete. Could be some sleepers out there though....

AAA Wilson Central

DII Knoxville Webb ..........enough said.

Watched Stone Memorial HOF game in Greeneville...Beat my Lady Devils. Big and tough...could make some noise in AA.

Edited by barb

Watched Stone Memorial HOF game in Greeneville...Beat my Lady Devils. Big and tough...could make some noise in AA.

I agree with you barb. Everyone that steps on the floor for this team can shoot the three. They looked like they were in mid season form last night against greeneville. I think they have a chance to make it to state. I know they scrimmaged knox webb and did not lose by much.

I agree with you barb. Everyone that steps on the floor for this team can shoot the three. They looked like they were in mid season form last night against greeneville. I think they have a chance to make it to state. I know they scrimmaged knox webb and did not lose by much.

Stone defeated Webb at Webb this summer in overtime.

A Summertown over Greenfield

AA Obion Co over Harpeth

AAA Wilson Central over Shelbyville

I like your pick in A - but there is alot of basketball to be played. The Lady Eagles probably had their best shot last year, but injuries spoiled a date with destiny. That said, I still hope your prediction holds true, the girls and program deserve it for all of their hard work - but there is usually alot of luck required for a Gold Ball, as well.

Edited by EagleClaw

All I know is this. According to Coacht schedules and scores, Jackson North Side has a record of 111-9 over the past four years and have been to state the last three years. I would say that until someone knocks them off they are the favorite in the West. Anybody know what they have coming back?

Edited by The Hermit