COSBY BASKETBALL

EAGLE69&74

I actually saw the officials in the hall during halftime and asked "So what did Kelvin say..??" The guy who made the call said "Oh nothing, he just acted

disgusted with the call" :rolleyes:

I was kinda shocked (I thought he might have cursed)

and responded with something like "I guess it's tough for these guys after being on the football field for so long, holding their emotions in on the court"

One of the other officials said something like "Yep, a few of them think we're still playing football"

As far as the other technical, Kelvin did not "kick" the Cloudland player. He kinda tripped over him running down the court. He certainly didn't stand over him and swing his leg back and kick him. The "tripping" may or may not have been an accident (only Kelvin knows that). It wasn't a cheap shot. I don't think the ref would have even called it if the cloudland player hadn't jumped up & protested.

I like to see players who show some emotion. Kelvin hates to lose. Period.

I know for sure that the refs weren't paid. If that is the rule that makes the game an exibition then there shouldn't be a suspension.

I saw some fire, determination and intensity from The Eagles for a while Saturday night. Just not for the entire game. I do give cloudland a lot of credit. They played great defense and shot shot the ball really well.

Should be a great one with unaka Tuesday

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He received a technical in the first half for arguing a call.

He received another one in the second half - for a kick, or whatever he did. I couldnt tell from my vantage point.

Now the question is, HOF games are "exhibition" games. If its an exhibition, does it count towards a suspension? If you win, it counts, if you lose it doesnt count. Thats one way to look at it. But, you hire officials and pay them, so thats the other way to look at it.

Yes it is still a two game suspension. It is a regular game. Officials were paid. I have never heard of officials working for free. Hopefully this will not hurt Cosby too bad and maybe a valuable lesson can be learned. Good luck Cosby, we are always rooting for you over here in the forge (well except for the two times we play ya. lol).

I actually saw the officials in the hall during halftime and asked "So what did Kelvin say..??" The guy who made the call said "Oh nothing, he just acted

disgusted with the call" :thumb:

I was kinda shocked (I thought he might have cursed)

and responded with something like "I guess it's tough for these guys after being on the football field for so long, holding their emotions in on the court"

One of the other officials said something like "Yep, a few of them think we're still playing football"

As far as the other technical, Kelvin did not "kick" the Cloudland player. He kinda tripped over him running down the court. He certainly didn't stand over him and swing his leg back and kick him. The "tripping" may or may not have been an accident (only Kelvin knows that). It wasn't a cheap shot. I don't think the ref would have even called it if the cloudland player hadn't jumped up & protested.

I like to see players who show some emotion. Kelvin hates to lose. Period.

It doesn't matter if it's exhibition or not, that kind of "emotions" should not be tolerated. If the "tripping was accident or not" then obviously this kid needs to take a deep breathe before acting out. It's early in the season and Cloudland isn't even a conference game, how bad will it get on down the road if this kind of stuff goes on. Granted you want kids to play with emotion, but anger of that nature isn't good for either side.

We played as bad as we could. The full court press didn't bother us at all. We justed missed a lot of shots and Cloudland shot lights out. It happens. Don't worry though, Cosby will be Cosby. As for Kelvin, the first "T" was ridiculous. I asked the ref what he did and he said he acted disgusted????? Well...??? Anyway, were gonna bring to Unaka and get back on track.

We played as bad as we could. The full court press didn't bother us at all. We justed missed a lot of shots and Cloudland shot lights out. It happens. Don't worry though, Cosby will be Cosby. As for Kelvin, the first "T" was ridiculous. I asked the ref what he did and he said he acted disgusted????? Well...??? Anyway, were gonna bring to Unaka and get back on track.

AS YOU SAID (COSBY WILL BE COSBY) THE SPEED OF BROTHERS & TEAM DETERINATION WILL GET YOU FAR IN THIS SPORT.

yeah cosby "might" get back to the state but once again they will be embarrassed when they play actual teams. i dont mean to disrespect the teams cosby plays during the regular season, but come on cosby could play much better teams than what they do now. does anybody remember what happened when cosby played humboldt last year? lol

but come on cosby could play much better teams than what they do now.

Cosby plays the district games that they have to play.

They also have · 5 games against AA schools & 2 games against AAA schools

There non-district single A schedule includes Hancock, Unaka & Cloudland,

traditionally some pretty strong teams

How did your team do at state last year..???

Cosby plays the district games that they have to play.

They also have · 5 games against AA schools & 2 games against AAA schools

There non-district single A schedule includes Hancock, Unaka & Cloudland,

traditionally some pretty strong teams

How did your team do at state last year..???

Cosby yall will do good in the season but we the state tournment come yall will either have to play union city lake county middleton humboldt or halls. that doesnt suit yall very well considering that these teams are loaded. I expect that yall have to play either lake county or union city. and Cloudland it isnt any better for yall either when yall might have a repeat of union city.