lipscomb vs. giles co

coach5

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that this (quarterfinals) matches the fartherest Giles County has advanced in the playoffs.

The last time they were in the quarterfinals (something like 1995-96), they lost to Melrose 56-0. I thought they was funny because when earlier posters predicted a David Lipscomb blowout several people stated that blowouts didn't occur in the late rounds of the playoffs. (It should be noted that the Melrose team that gave the beating had several future major college and NFL players on the team...including Cedric Wilson).

Here is to hoping that GC's quarterfinal game this time around is good for four quarters!

Big Country,

Which of Lipscomb's backs do you think is the best? I am sure the popular choice is Elrod because of last year success and his continued performance this year. However, I think Holt and Moneypenny actually look faster and are more explosive. What do you think?

Vandy1,

I didn't mean to leave you out. What is your opinion on this one?

I heard today that this (quarterfinals) matches the fartherest Giles County has advanced in the playoffs.

The last time they were in the quarterfinals (something like 1995-96), they lost to Melrose 56-0. I thought they was funny because when earlier posters predicted a David Lipscomb blowout several people stated that blowouts didn't occur in the late rounds of the playoffs. (It should be noted that the Melrose team that gave the beating had several future major college and NFL players on the team...including Cedric Wilson).

Here is to hoping that GC's quarterfinal game this time around is good for four quarters!

That was the 1996 semifinals I believe MTF and they lost to Melrose 35-0.

It was Page in both 1997 & 1998 who got hammered badly by Melrose in the semifinals (56-0 & ??????) :lol:

The 1997 Melrose team got upset by a real "Cinderella Story" in the 15-0 White House Blue Devils in the Class 3A Clinic Bowl :lol:

Suuuuurrreeee!!!.....yeah right...you only have one screen name...ha!...

Continue to post your drivel.......it will add to the legend in your own mind!

GC ...you guys have your work cut out for you tomorrow night.

Let's play........"who is the real bomb squad" I'll start- I am the real bomb squad! Anybody else?

Let's play........"who is the real bomb squad" I'll start- I am the real bomb squad! Anybody else?

Welcome back Eddie. I didn't know you were out yet. I ran into Clarence Rutherford and Wallace Cleaver at the Mayfield homecoming and they told me you were up before the parole board this fall. I'm glad that they let you out early.

Look me up the next time you come to a game. I heard Bo will make some of his famous venison kabobs and bald eagle gumbo tonight.

Any chance you will be there tonight? Gopher is usually at the games. I'll have Chuck call you. I am sure he has your number.

Ted

Edited by TedLNancy

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Lipscomb Game Day Notes featuring tonight's matchup with Giles County at the Reese Smith Athletic Complex has now been posted on The Mustangfanpage.

Read everything about tonight's game. Depth Chart now posted along with many other updates on the site. Nashville listeners will be able to hear the game live over AM 900 WKDA. Internet listeners will also be able to pick the game up live over the Mustangfanpage. Internet pregame show at 6:00 PM CST. Radio pregame show at 6:30.

Well the day has come. I held out this post and my prediction until game day. This will be a great battle between the City Slickers and the Hillbillies.

IMO the Hillbillies have nothing to loose since they are in unchartered territiory. I look for Giles County to come out on top, not by much, but a win. Giles if they are as smart as they seem to be should throw the play book at Lipscomb and take no prisoners. Marshall County and Giles County have been long rivals in every sport, but at times like this you put those things aside and join arms.

Best of Luck to the Giles County Bobcats from your friends to the North.

Bagpipes or Not -- A Country Boy Can and Will Survive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

i did not close the lasty thread. i liked it. i only asked for a more serious one bc i did not want this one to get shut down

Lets See...you were the last post on the original thread indicating that we need to get back to the game. You were the one who started the new thread..the real talk. If you didn't close it, then who did? Did we have divine intervention from The REAL MR. COACHT?