Who are the best head coaches in 1A,2A, and 3A,

RedChief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a biased subject for me, but there are others who would say the same that don't live here. I think Cody Findley from Cheatham County does more with what he has than any coach I have seen in 3A ball, or 2A before that. He doesn't have the local talent the Lipscombs, Pearl Cohns, Goodpastures, or even White House's can draw from, but his teams compete and make the playoffs every year. A lot of coaches have the benefit of drawing from lots of local talent, have much bigger budgets, or better facilities. He puts some hard-nosed teams on the field every year, no matter their talent level. They lost a ton of starters, including 5 players playing small college ball this year, from last year's 9-3 team and still made it to the playoffs.

Where do you get that White House has the benefit of drawing local talent.In the past 5 years our territory has been cut in half because of the county split.Local talent is anywhere in your zone unless you are a private school.For you to put Pearl or White House in your statement with 2 private schools is just wrong.

This is a biased subject for me, but there are others who would say the same that don't live here. I think Cody Findley from Cheatham County does more with what he has than any coach I have seen in 3A ball, or 2A before that. He puts some hard-nosed teams on the field every year, no matter their talent level. They lost a ton of starters, including 5 players playing small college ball this year, from last year's 9-3 team and still made it to the playoffs.

I agree 100% about Cody Finley :thumb:

Cheatham County has never missed the playoffs since he became the head football coach in 2002. The four years prior to his arrival the Cubs were a combined 7-33 during that span. Since they are 35-21 (5 YEAR PERIOD) and as I said earlier they've never missed the playoffs. In that time the school has also witnessed it's first team ever that hosted and won a home playoff game.

can I assume that Thomas has taken the job?

John Reid... Back to Back Titles with Alcoa, And the 3-peat is a forgone conclusion. Alcoa was in shambles when he arrived broken windows in the weight room, ect ... Currently he is Head Coach In Georgia @ East Paulding High school. East Paulding has never had a winning season or even sniffed a playoff game until this years 11-1 team which is one of the" Elite Eight" left in the State 4AAAA playoffs

He also has another Title in The Hoosier Dome from his Indiana coaching days!!!!

ENUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Reid... Back to Back Titles with Alcoa, And the 3-peat is a forgone conclusion. Alcoa was in shambles when he arrived broken windows in the weight room, ect ... Currently he is Head Coach In Georgia @ East Paulding High school. East Paulding has never had a winning season or even sniffed a playoff game until this years 11-1 team which is one of the" Elite Eight" left in the State 4AAAA playoffs

He also has another Title in The Hoosier Dome from his Indiana coaching days!!!!

ENUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your dang write that is pretty impressive

ENUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He and the Raiders at East Pauldng advance to the semi finals with 35-28 defeat of Starr's Mill. They are 14-0.