Sullivan Central Cougar Basketball '06-'07

1cougarfan

It's takes a pretty sad little man, when he has to pull for someone else to beat SC when his own team (TH) isn't able to do it. :lol:

That’s pretty tough talk coming from a ONE sport school that is on the verge of not even having that to fall back on! I look for Vaughn to be pushed out for “health reasons” by the end of the year. Maybe if you guys would spread the love throughout the athletic program you could get some of the wanna-bees on the basketball team to also participate in other areas…and maybe then you wouldn’t be garbage in EVERY OTHER SPORT! You have to get tired of saying “we almost never win in football, baseball, track, golf, swimming, band competition (and I’m sure the list goes on)… but just what till basketball season!!!” :thumb::o

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s pretty tough talk coming from a ONE sport school that is on the verge of not even having that to fall back on! I look for Vaughn to be pushed out for “health reasons” by the end of the year. Maybe if you guys would spread the love throughout the athletic program you could get some of the wanna-bees on the basketball team to also participate in other areas…and maybe then you wouldn’t be garbage in EVERY OTHER SPORT! You have to get tired of saying “we almost never win in football, baseball, track, golf, swimming, band competition (and I’m sure the list goes on)… but just what till basketball season!!!” :lol::lol:

Easy now Cap...I have to take issue with you about parts of your statement...they do have the '06 State discus champ! So you can take girls track off that list. Just trying to set the record straight....that's all :o

Now...you guys carry on :thumb:

No you are not a sports fan. There are only certain teams in this area you will give credit to. You never pulled for Central when they went to the state 2 years ago and you didn't pull for them in the regional after your vikes didn't even make it past the districts...admit it. If a team doesn't fit your perception of what a basketball team should play or look like you bash them on here.

Not true!! :lol::thumb:

Congratulations Cougars … WAY TO REPRESENT!!!!!

I guess you can say I’m not what you would call a Central fan … but I got to give credit where credit is due!!! :o Truce??

SEE YA IN THE BORO!!!!!!! thumb

Good luck

Dont the vikings host the rebels tuesday also? if so then you might be the loser cap

Maybe so...but I feel that the Vikings can play with South this early in the season. But we will see.

All jokes aside...good luck to your team, but Mr.Hess will truly have his hands full tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

Maybe so...but I feel that the Vikings can play with South this early in the season. But we will see.

All jokes aside...good luck to your team, but Mr.Hess will truly have his hands full tomorrow night. :blink:

No doubt it is going to be a tough game. Hess is going to do his thing, for Central to be competitive in this game they need a big game from Baker both offensively and defensively. McCroskey and Rock need to step up and hit some threes. The post need to play smart (McCann and Webb) and the whole team has to be able to handle Science Hill's patented "Karate Defense".

A few thoughts about the Science Hill game.. A good effot from us. Being it was our 3rd game and their 8th , experience alone they had the upper hand. I think we battled them pretty much even for 3 quarters. Good game from Baker, he may turn out to be our best player. Hess tries to do a little too much sometimes. He needs to play a little more under control. Way too many turnovers from our guards, but they'll get better. Looks like DB and the hill are in league of their own. Third is definitely is within our reach. Go COUGARS! :thumb:

A few thoughts about the Science Hill game.. A good effot from us. Being it was our 3rd game and their 8th , experience alone they had the upper hand. I think we battled them pretty much even for 3 quarters. Good game from Baker, he may turn out to be our best player. Hess tries to do a little too much sometimes. He needs to play a little more under control. Way too many turnovers from our guards, but they'll get better. Looks like DB and the hill are in league of their own. Third is definitely is within our reach. Go COUGARS! :thumb:

Two good things from that game last night. One, Baker showed why he is going to be one of the top players in the league this year. Two, Central played as bad as they have played since the SH game last season at home and they were still in the ball game. This game almost exactly mirrored the first time Central played SH last season.

That being said if Central doesn't start to get some consitent ball handling and start getting into some kind of offense when the fast break isn't there, this will be a long season.

If we truly want to be honest…you were introduced to the one and only clear cut favorite in the Big 9 last night. DB is swimming with the rest of us this year. I hate to say this (well really I don’t) but…..I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hey “Three Stooges”, did you happen to catch the headlines of the article about the game on tricitiessports.com “Sophomores Lead 'Toppers Past Cougars in Big 9 Opener”. Imagine that!!!!!! :thumb::D

By the way...I neglected to tell you guys that Chris Smith was also on that AAU team year before last but elected to concentrate on Tennis this summer which by the way is his best sport...even though his dropped 20 on the Cougars. Corey Young started for the Vikings last night, Josh Odem and Spencer Bradley for the Toppers, and Justin Sylvester led the Indians with 15 points. And he probably started, I'm not sure yet. IMAGINE THAT!!! :lol:

Just a short list of some of my "insane" predictions. :lol:

Lets seeeeeee....that would make it:

Cap=about 10

All Three Stooges=0

Edited by Cap1