2007 Schedules

reaction

From what I am hearing South Pittsburg's schedule is set with all 7 region opponents:

Copper Basin, David Brainerd, Grace Baptist Academy, Lookout Valley, Silverdale, Temple and Whitwell. The 3 non-region games are Boyd Buchanan, Marion County and Tyner. I don't know the dates but I did hear that the Marion/Jasper game will be the first game of the year and Tyner will travel to SP

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Painted Bridge: Do you think they're "skeered", especially since Smith will be gone???

Hey Tornadogold.

Not a Catholic fan, just an E TN. fan. Congrats on a great year, again. I was dissapointed to hear that the Bearden/Catholic game got pulled. I think Bearden will be srtonger next year.

Pretty sure Rankin & Pemberton go back far. Thats why they scrimmaged this past spring. Also pretty sure Rankin will get calls to fill that spot AFTER your return with gold ball in hand. Most coahes/AD's won't bother another coach/AD who is still in the hunt.

Personally, I would love to see this game. These 2 would match up well. Even though Lanxter, Sykes, Hicks, Shiverdecker are gone, there will be plenty coming back with the likes of Sommers,Cobb, etc. FWIW, I did go to the Catholic/Fulton game last Fri., and I counted 2 Soph/8 Jr. Starters on D with the Smith kid as the only Sr. so ProfessorFalcon might be right about that cupboard not being bare.

Good luck to you guys @ Smith Co. They have a good QB, some OK skill guys, and one OT (#76) I think who has good size. They won't be used to your speed, but they do play disciplined D. Good gap, lane, leverage responsibility. Don't let them hang around. They like to control the clock. Been a few years, but the stadium is nice. Fireworks and all.

From what I am hearing South Pittsburg's schedule is set with all 7 region opponents:

Copper Basin, David Brainerd, Grace Baptist Academy, Lookout Valley, Silverdale, Temple and Whitwell. The 3 non-region games are Boyd Buchanan, Marion County and Tyner. I don't know the dates but I did hear that the Marion/Jasper game will be the first game of the year and Tyner will travel to SP

So the word is getting out :thumb: . I guess it's not secret.gif any more :angry: .

Hey Tornadogold.

Not a Catholic fan, just an E TN. fan. Congrats on a great year, again. I was dissapointed to hear that the Bearden/Catholic game got pulled. I think Bearden will be srtonger next year.

Pretty sure Rankin & Pemberton go back far. Thats why they scrimmaged this past spring. Also pretty sure Rankin will get calls to fill that spot AFTER your return with gold ball in hand. Most coahes/AD's won't bother another coach/AD who is still in the hunt.

Personally, I would love to see this game. These 2 would match up well. Even though Lanxter, Sykes, Hicks, Shiverdecker are gone, there will be plenty coming back with the likes of Sommers,Cobb, etc. FWIW, I did go to the Catholic/Fulton game last Fri., and I counted 2 Soph/8 Jr. Starters on D with the Smith kid as the only Sr. so ProfessorFalcon might be right about that cupboard not being bare.

Good luck to you guys @ Smith Co. They have a good QB, some OK skill guys, and one OT (#76) I think who has good size. They won't be used to your speed, but they do play disciplined D. Good gap, lane, leverage responsibility. Don't let them hang around. They like to control the clock. Been a few years, but the stadium is nice. Fireworks and all.

Thanks for the kind words.

We'd like to see a Catholic-Alcoa match up as well. Hopefully something can be worked out. Our d and o lines may be hurting a bit next year, as almost all of those boys are seniors. But, we've got a couple of really big freshman chomping at the bits for their turn.

We're looking forward to the atmosphere at SC.

Were you at the banquet? I heard that Vic challenged the team for next year and the way he was talking they said that it sounded like he would continue to be around as coach. So the rumors seem to be just that, rumors.

No. I don't know anything but IMO I just think there is too much football in his veins to get out of coaching. It may still happen but I would not bet on it. My son is a freshman next year so I hope Vic coaches at least 4 more :thumb: .

It's official. Non-region is Jasper week 1, Tyner week 5, Boyd week 7 with rest being region games. From what I heard the team was fired up to have Tyner added to the schedule. Short version of the pep talk is that the players will be more disciplined and focused next year or they will have problems. The old Vic is back :lol: I can't wait until next year grd.gif

Edited by zonepirate

Reid tried to schedule Catholic a couple of times.....they said.........no.

Alcoa, Webb and Catholic each have nothing to do in week 0. Alcoa will play either/or or a combination of both.(JK) We only have ONE game scheduled out of conference (White House) Coach was gripping last week about not being able to find anyone to play. We will see.