Is the NBA even worth watching anymore?

Personally I could care less if the NBA folded. It wouldn`t hurt my feelings one bit. It has evolved into more of a WWF type of production full of hype and showmanship. This isn`t the same NBA I grew up watching. There are no "teams" anymore. There are only high paid stars. Plus the rules have also evolved. I`d rather see a player bust his butt and make a good defensive effort. Do they even call a charge anymore? Plus there is far too much pushing allowed. Whatever happened to moving your feet and gaining defensive position? I guess that went out with the charge. I live about an houe from the Grizzlies and frankly I could care less to go watch any team play there. College basketball is where it`s at. It by far is better to watch than the NBA.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I could care less if the NBA folded. It wouldn`t hurt my feelings one bit. It has evolved into more of a WWF type of production full of hype and showmanship. This isn`t the same NBA I grew up watching. There are no "teams" anymore. There are only high paid stars. Plus the rules have also evolved. I`d rather see a player bust his butt and make a good defensive effort. Do they even call a charge anymore? Plus there is far too much pushing allowed. Whatever happened to moving your feet and gaining defensive position? I guess that went out with the charge. I live about an houe from the Grizzlies and frankly I could care less to go watch any team play there. College basketball is where it`s at. It by far is better to watch than the NBA.

Agreed. The NBA regular season is like watching an expanded game of horse. I haven't watched since Stockton-Malone closed shop. Wonder why the points-per-game totals drop about 25 points when playoffs start?

Guest dare_2_dream

The NBA has changed a lot this year, for the better.

Edited by dare_2_dream

• 2 weeks later...