Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

yes true ooltewah has nothing to be ashamed of i was a lil too harsh just upset ab all the hype from imaowl earlier today

Just got in from the game and it was a thriller for sure. I have to admit that Ooltewah was much better than I thought they would be, the Qb. was excellent and the tailback was also a very tough runner to bring down. I hope that someone is recruiting that Qb. from Ooltewah because he is a talent. I saw what looked like at least a couple of terrible calls, the fumble by Smyrna right before the half which it looked like the back was lying on his back and then the ball was stripped out after he looked to be down, and then Ooltewah then scored a td. off of it, of course then Smyrna then came back and scored themselves on terrible defense by the ooltewah secondary, (I would think that you would be looking for a bomb or at least a deep pass and not let the reciever run right past you) and a pass interference call against Smyrna which the Smyrna defensive back made the interception and last time I checked he has just as much right to catch the ball as the offensive guy, and he didn't go through him to get it either. At times the refs. couldn't keep up with the speed of the players and got out of position to make the call and at other times they just looked at each other waiting on the other to make the call.

Congratulations to both teams for putting on a great show to say the least. :thumb:Ooltewah never gave up or quit and they had some very good football players.

I thought that Smyrna got a little too conservative in the second half and got away from what had got them there in the first place.

But the biggest thing for Smyrna is, you had better learn how to stop a screen pass or Raverwood will kill you with it, because I am sure they will see the film on this game and wear you out on it until you are able to stop it. the sad thing for Ooltewah is if they had ran a screen pass play about 2 more times they would have probably won the game, but that's hind sight and you never know.

As far as imaowl goes, virtually none of us on here are out there playing the game and you can get on here and brag and trash talk until the cows come home and it means absolutely nothing until you do it, and if you don't do it then you look like a goofball for trash talking and not being able to back it up :lol:

Looks like another all mid-state Final :)

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good game by both teams....Ootlewah got a break on that fumble but wasnt in a hurry to call plays they should have 3 plays already called that way all they had to do was run it....My buddy Mr. Limbaugh was right when ootlewah called their last time out they should have kicked the feild goal in case they got tackeled or didnt get the first down well the worst thing happened he got sacked if they kick the feild goal there the game still goes on also i thought there was another time he should have brought the FG unit on in the 4th QTR..it was like 4th and 10 about the 25 yard line..nobody really stopped anybody tonight it is just like the score said...a shootout big plays EVERYWHERE both sides the biggest play to me...was the strip o fthe ball and it going out of the back of the endzone that was HUGE and the difference in the game

This was a good knock down drag out fight it was a good football game and i will be there saturday night rooting on the dawgs my father in law is on cloud 9 right now i think it will be 2 in the morning before he goes to bed LOL 40years with the school and they are finally going to state CONGRATS SMYRNA NOW GO WIN IT THEN DO ALL YOUR SMACK TALKING ON DEC 3RD AFTER YOU WIN STATE

I just want to say that this was a great football game. One of the best high school football games I have witnessed. Ooltewah got beat by a football team who was better tonight. Ooltewah had plenty of chances to win this football game but they shot themselves in the foot one to many times. Hats off to Smyrna. Some might say that the refs effected the ball game but I don't really believe so. Maybe a couple of questionable calls, but both teams got a few of those. Smyrna has a great football team and I hope they go on to win it all.

For Smyrna I felt like Wilkes was just another level tonight. I know some people have said he has been quite throughout the playoffs but tonight he found a weak Ooltewah secondary to breakout against. He had his way with the football tonight. Grey just had a tremendous game and really looked good controlling things for Smyrna. I was really surprised with the Smyrna O-Line and the running backs, I thought the line did a good job of getting protection. Great coaching and film work by Smyrna too, because all night they ran those 5 and 7 yard hitch routes that I think has killed Ooltewah all year. There defense was very good to and especially stepped up at the end of the game, thought they had some great blitz packages.

For Ooltewah, they had plenty of chances to win this game. Second drive of the game the late hit call and the pass interference in the endzone. Which I thought were both good calls, I saw both of them. Then the huge play before the half. And of course the strip of the Ooltewah guy near the endzone where it rolls out of the back. I personally didn't think there was any way that ball went 10 yards and through endzone, but you can't dispute that. I thought Morgan and Woods and Marshall had a great game for Ooltewah. Defese looked great in the second half but couldn't make enough stops in the first. I thought it basically came down to what I said at the start of this post.... If Smyrna comes out throwing the ball alot Ooltewah would be in trouble cause their secondary is weak, and thats what got them beat tonight.

Great Game all around.

Great season Owls.

Good Luck next week Smyrna!!

congradulations to smyrna, listening to the game on the radio before half i decided to stop being stubborn and root for the fellow region 4 opponent. good luck at gold smyrna, first and last time i will ever say that lol :thumb:

JMU's signature says "06 IS SMYRNAS YEAR." well, i hope he's right (for once). smyrna has a GOLDEN oppurtunity, lets hope they get it this year because i dont see them getting by riverdale again anytime soon :lol:

I just want to say that this was a great football game. One of the best high school football games I have witnessed. Ooltewah got beat by a football team who was better tonight. Ooltewah had plenty of chances to win this football game but they shot themselves in the foot one to many times. Hats off to Smyrna. Some might say that the refs effected the ball game but I don't really believe so. Maybe a couple of questionable calls, but both teams got a few of those. Smyrna has a great football team and I hope they go on to win it all.

For Smyrna I felt like Wilkes was just another level tonight. I know some people have said he has been quite throughout the playoffs but tonight he found a weak Ooltewah secondary to breakout against. He had his way with the football tonight. Grey just had a tremendous game and really looked good controlling things for Smyrna. I was really surprised with the Smyrna O-Line and the running backs, I thought the line did a good job of getting protection. Great coaching and film work by Smyrna too, because all night they ran those 5 and 7 yard hitch routes that I think has killed Ooltewah all year. There defense was very good to and especially stepped up at the end of the game, thought they had some great blitz packages.

For Ooltewah, they had plenty of chances to win this game. Second drive of the game the late hit call and the pass interference in the endzone. Which I thought were both good calls, I saw both of them. Then the huge play before the half. And of course the strip of the Ooltewah guy near the endzone where it rolls out of the back. I personally didn't think there was any way that ball went 10 yards and through endzone, but you can't dispute that. I thought Morgan and Woods and Marshall had a great game for Ooltewah. Defese looked great in the second half but couldn't make enough stops in the first. I thought it basically came down to what I said at the start of this post.... If Smyrna comes out throwing the ball alot Ooltewah would be in trouble cause their secondary is weak, and thats what got them beat tonight.

Great Game all around.

Great season Owls.

Good Luck next week Smyrna!!

I want to take up for that kid on the late hit call..it was NOT a cheap shot...the ball was on the ground next to sonny so he may have thought and it could have been a fumble but i wanted to take up for that kid on that play

congradulations to smyrna, listening to the game on the radio before half i decided to stop being stubborn and root for the fellow region 4 opponent. good luck at gold smyrna, first and last time i will ever say that lol :thumb:

JMU's signature says "06 IS SMYRNAS YEAR." well, i hope he's right (for once). smyrna has a GOLDEN oppurtunity, lets hope they get it this year because i dont see them getting by riverdale again anytime soon :)

:lol: Haha thanks man. It takes alot of guts to admit you rooted for us and I applaud you for that. We'll represent region 4 to the best of our ability and make yall proud. :D

Maybe you should think about tweaking your signature a little bit. ;)

Edited by jmu031

good game by both teams....Ootlewah got a break on that fumble but wasnt in a hurry to call plays they should have 3 plays already called that way all they had to do was run it....My buddy Mr. Limbaugh was right when ootlewah called their last time out they should have kicked the feild goal in case they got tackeled or didnt get the first down well the worst thing happened he got sacked if they kick the feild goal there the game still goes on also i thought there was another time he should have brought the FG unit on in the 4th QTR..it was like 4th and 10 about the 25 yard line..nobody really stopped anybody tonight it is just like the score said...a shootout big plays EVERYWHERE both sides the biggest play to me...was the strip o fthe ball and it going out of the back of the endzone that was HUGE and the difference in the game

This was a good knock down drag out fight it was a good football game and i will be there saturday night rooting on the dawgs my father in law is on cloud 9 right now i think it will be 2 in the morning before he goes to bed LOL 40years with the school and they are finally going to state CONGRATS SMYRNA NOW GO WIN IT THEN DO ALL YOUR SMACK TALKING ON DEC 3RD AFTER YOU WIN STATE

On the last drive Ooltewah got into field goal range, but it was only second down so they obviously were going to try to get closer. Then comes a roll out slip and fall by Woods which puts you back to the Smyrna 27, which is a 44 yarder. Then they had to call a timeout after that play which was a killer. Not really in Ooltewah's kickers range. He did hit a 45 yarder earlier this year, but he had a little wind and I don't think he would have hit the 44 judging he barely got the 35 yarder through. And it would be tough to put the game on the line on third down with a freshman kicker. Then Smyrna just made the big play calling a blitz at the right time. Nothing you can do about that.

I want to take up for that kid on the late hit call..it was NOT a cheap shot...the ball was on the ground next to sonny so he may have thought and it could have been a fumble but i wanted to take up for that kid on that play

I thought that might have been what could have happend but from the Ooltewah side you couldn't see the ball on the ground. But it did look like he was diving in to recover a fumble but the play had been over for a couple seconds. I could easily see from my point of view where the refs make that call. Thanks for clearing that up though.

Any one have just an excellent view of the Ooltewah fumble out of the back of the endzone?

:lol: Haha thanks man. It takes alot of guts to admit you rooted for us and I applaud you for that. We'll represent region 4 to the best of our ability and make yall proud. :ph34r:

Maybe you should think about tweaking your signature a little bit. ;)

hey, its still true for region play...even though we lost to region opponent smyrna, the streak continues as it was a playoff game :lol:

it is VERY hard to admitt, i never gave smyrna a lick of respect, they had to earn it, which they did. i still think it should be my warriors playing for the title though :lol:

I really can't agree or disagree with because I did not have a good view of that play. Obviously I am glad it was called because that helped us out a great deal.

Ooltewah and Smyrna both got help from the refs on iffy calls throughout the game. I think that balanced this game out as far as fairness and you can't really put the blame on the refs because calls went both ways.