Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

BTW, I would like to add, don't take anything I said besides point #2 with any sense. I actually couldn't see the entire game. Like literally missing most plays because the stands were so awful.

Like the 2nd to last play. It really looked like he got laid out right on his helmet, but I couldn't see it because my seat was so bad.

Oh well. That's what I get for arriving only 45 minutes early.

And I will not say that either team is better, (Smyrna is extremely talented, but Ooltewah also missed dozens of opportunities to score) but I will say that I want to know if blow to the helmet was applicable there, because it would've given us a chance at the field goal.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have way too many things I'm P'Oed about to even list, so I'll shorten my post to not offend too dramatically.

1. Is blow to the helmet a foul in High School yet? Did Jeremy Woods not get sacked by his helmet on the second to last play?

2. Smyrna. Make your away bleachers less stupid. Thank You.

3. To TSSAA, please make a foul for excessive use of home field advantage on the PA system. I'm proud to say that Ooltewah is home of the most boring announcer on earth, and I'm glad we're not lame enough to play the chicken dance when an opponent scores. It's fine when the band gets into it, but when you have the PA announcer yelling SAAAAAAAAAAACKED every time it happens, it just seems like it crosses the line of fairness. Second year in a row this has happened to us.

Besides those points, I think our team did not take advantage of our opportunities, and our coaching was less than spectacular in many areas. But I'm just a stupid fan, so I'll shut up and wait for next year.

And I won't be rooting for Smyrna in the championship BTW. Too much stuff happened stadium-wise for me to have much respect for them. I hope Ravenwood kills them.

I'm just too angry right now.

This post has been edited by Owlbino: 17 minutes ago

Listen man i know ur upset but at least show some class for the kids who gave it their all out there this was a hard fought game won by a tough smyrna team granted ooltewah had its chances to win and i'm sure the last thing on ooltewahs mind in the final minutes was what the PA announcer was gonna say next quit ur whining and grow up dude

OK everyone on here will have a ball with OWLBINO. He is always the big mouth trash talker. He is just a kid on here that runs his mouth so don't base the Ooltewah fanbase on him. Go back and read his posts.

Huh? You may be the only one of 5,000+ folks who saw it that way?

Maybe you will get to visit Lavergne in a coming season. Identical bleachers.

Now if you look at Riverdale, Blackman, Oakland and Siegel's stadiums they

are all alike each other, but different that Smyrna and Oakland's. Why?

COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD and COUNTY COMMISSION. They hired the architect, approved the plans and purchased the stadiums.

Wow! I never heard of a PA guy being good for a win before! I guess he helped knock down that pass at the end of the game. :lol: What did the PA guy do last year, block a kick or something? :ph34r:

I have a hunch that if your player makes the catch in the endzone at the end of the game your mood may be different... :lol:

BTW, I would like to add, don't take anything I said besides point #2 with any sense. I actually couldn't see the entire game. Like literally missing most plays because the stands were so awful.

Like the 2nd to last play. It really looked like he got laid out right on his helmet, but I couldn't see it because my seat was so bad.

Oh well. That's what I get for arriving only 45 minutes early.

And I will not say that either team is better, (Smyrna is extremely talented, but Ooltewah also missed dozens of opportunities to score) but I will say that I want to know if blow to the helmet was applicable there, because it would've given us a chance at the field goal.

No - 45 came in untouched, your QB (a great one by the way! Fun to watch) didn't have a chance. He actually try to turn away and was almost hit from behind but Day got there too quick and hit him flush. I was surprised he held on to the ball. The third down sack, he just literally fell down trying to escape 45 again. (45, Day, had 14 tackles against us last week, including some big ones on a goal-line stand and a key third down late in the game) - I got their at 4:45 and had a great seat on the home side at the 45 yard line or so at the top of the bleachers next to the pressbox :ph34r: I told everyone to GET THERE EARLY :lol:

You had a chance at the field goal when it was second and 2. Going backwards two straight plays hurt....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

I doubt youll shut up though. If you do it will be the first time ever. Be mad we lost if you want. But quit making everyone from Ooltewah look like sore losers :ph34r:

I have way too many things I'm P'Oed about to even list, so I'll shorten my post to not offend too dramatically.

1. Is blow to the helmet a foul in High School yet? Did Jeremy Woods not get sacked by his helmet on the second to last play?

2. Smyrna. Make your away bleachers less stupid. Thank You.

3. To TSSAA, please make a foul for excessive use of home field advantage on the PA system. I'm proud to say that Ooltewah is home of the most boring announcer on earth, and I'm glad we're not lame enough to play the chicken dance when an opponent scores. It's fine when the band gets into it, but when you have the PA announcer yelling SAAAAAAAAAAACKED every time it happens, it just seems like it crosses the line of fairness. Second year in a row this has happened to us.

Besides those points, I think our team did not take advantage of our opportunities, and our coaching was less than spectacular in many areas. But I'm just a stupid fan, so I'll shut up and wait for next year.

And I won't be rooting for Smyrna in the championship BTW. Too much stuff happened stadium-wise for me to have much respect for them. I hope Ravenwood kills them.

I'm just too angry right now.

This post has been edited by Owlbino: 17 minutes ago

Listen man i know ur upset but at least show some class for the kids who gave it their all out there this was a hard fought game won by a tough smyrna team granted ooltewah had its chances to win and i'm sure the last thing on ooltewahs mind in the final minutes was what the PA announcer was gonna say next quit ur whining and grow up dude

wheres imaowl? he was on here talkin about how smyrna had not seen the speed of ooltewah and all that other talk wheres ooltewah right now? sittin at home like dobyns bennett and all the other east tennessee teams from class 5A

the bottom line is east tennessee teams in class 5A were overrated this year

that was a very good game. No need for talk like that.

I agree Dave~ I don't know if you know this or not but our kicker is a freshman, just turned 15 this season. Don't get me wrong he is a good one. I think he will be a great one! He has kicked a 45 yarder this year. But it has to go through a coaches mind how young he is. Jeremy was getting hit all night. He played a great game.

No - 45 came in untouched, your QB (a great one by the way! Fun to watch) didn't have a chance. He actually try to turn away and was almost hit from behind but Day got there to quick and hit him flush. The third down sack, he just literally fell down trying to escape 45 again. (45, Day, had 14 tackles against us last week, including some big ones on a goal-line stand and a key third down late in the game) - I got their at 4:45 and had a great seat on the home side at the 45 yard line or so at the top of the bleachers next to the pressbox :ph34r: I told everyone to GET THERE EARLY :lol:

You had a chance at the field goal when it was second and 2. Going backwards two straight plays hurt....

No - 45 came in untouched, your QB (a great one by the way! Fun to watch) didn't have a chance. He actually try to turn away and was almost hit from behind but Day got there too quick and hit him flush. I was surprised he held on to the ball. The third down sack, he just literally fell down trying to escape 45 again. (45, Day, had 14 tackles against us last week, including some big ones on a goal-line stand and a key third down late in the game) - I got their at 4:45 and had a great seat on the home side at the 45 yard line or so at the top of the bleachers next to the pressbox :ph34r: I told everyone to GET THERE EARLY :lol:

Yeah you say that now. But who thinks to kick a field goal with 45 seconds to go and second down inside the 20. Why not go for it and try to with the game? Exactly what we did and Smyrna just put together some big plays with a slip up (literally) by Woods.

The play I remember is going for it on fourth down at about the 20 in the first half and not converting. A field goal there would have been huge. But thats why the coaches coach and we don't, and thats why it is so much fun.

Easy to say what you would have done if you were at there. I have seen many good coaches fromt he stands. haha. I think I am one of them.

Yep. I called that fade route as soon as I saw Landsen go to try cover him on first and goal.

The other play that was really obvious was that fake punt. I as well as a few Smyrna fans apparantly saw that one coming from a mile away. 4th a 5 from the 50 at a point where momentum is key? C'mon.

Edited by Owlbino

I want to bring up something that has not been brought up yet. On that 3 and goal for Smyrna when Sonny threw to Wilks for his 3rd touchdown, Ooltewah played him in single coverage! Before the play was snapped I called it, "Sonny is gonna pass to Rod" It was so obvious. Didn't anyone else notice that before the ball was snapped?

I called that too. Don't know why they wouldn't run it. Single coverage, and the guy on hit was half a foot shorter than Rod. Only film I have watched were those highlight films yall' put on here and they ran it twice in that. Knew it was coming, don't know why they coaches didn't. But the again see my post above about that.