#52 Jeff County Post

Topgun

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's attitudes like this that are far too common and have a negative impact and things such as the football program at the high school. There is an obivious difference in interest at the middle school and high school levels. However, the situation should be reversed if anything. Why do students and athletes get to the high school level and feel no need to participate? I honestly believe that today's teenagers are simply lazy! Not all, but it is becoming more and more of an issue. It's sad to say, but there is only one way that issue can be dealt with and it starts at home. Where are the tough and hard working attitudes that flourished on the football team in the 80's and 90's. I'm by no means downplaying my teammates because I admire everyone of them, but we could have used some help the past two years. I'm not saying there is God-given talent throughout the school, but numbers are a must on any successful football team. It is safe to say that we lost several games due to a lack of depth.

I wish school spirit was higher than it currently is, but it's not all about that. It's also about life and challenging yourself by taking on multiple things at once and experiencing the family-like atmosphere of a team or group.

You are quite a young man, and your perspective is right on. Ive seen it at many schools and many times.Many teens are lazy now days period, and a big part of that is due to spoiling parents.So many parents can not stand to see there child be fussed at or disaplined by someone,there very quick to point out others though.Many now days like it or not think there child is above this that or another.The coach there is getting a bum rap from a few big mouthed babys period.There the ones breeding this disseray at the school and its running through like a virus.Coach U has been very successful everywhere he has been as a coach and player.He also has a great character about him, and was loved at other schools.He also won a state title at Oakland and had a very successful program, which has been on the decline every since he left.He has a very strong work ethic and low tolerance for anything disruptive to the team.I promise you though he will not quit,and if the community would break this split and support him and the team J.C. would be highly successful.Theres two ways to coach high school, u can either be a buddy and nice guy and make it fun.You will get kids out for that, and they will play hard for you, you will win ballgames.But you dont have the exacution, dicipline, character,work ethic and drive or determination that will win championships and state titles. Or you can be straight foward, hard work, dicipline coach.Come in and say this is how it is and your not gonna like me but im gonna teach you and take you places.With that mutual understanding, you have a very well coached and diciplined team, that will exacute and play with character and understanding of what each persons responsability is.Each person knows there job and the role they play in the big picture to the team no matter how big or small and accepts that role.Understanding that is what it takes to be a team and do far more than just win ballgames.On top of the fact that when you work extremely hard, your not gonna let it be for nothing on Friday nights.You know that guy in front of you does not deserve it as much as you, and your by no means are not gonna let him take it away from you. There is still plenty of fun for this kind of team but its not all fun, theres character building, dicipline and integrity with this team also.These teams are the teams that win championships and state titles.It's not that theres something magical in the water in certain school districts,that breeds awsome athletes every year.Its not like collage, where you go recruit players, its teenagers and every school district of the same size has a close to equal talent pool.The difference is coaching and more importantly, the community support and belief in them.Its very important that the kids trust and believe in there coaches and vice verse.The effort will not be the same if they dont have that mutual trust and belief. No kid will have that as long as there constantly hearing questioning and second guessing.The two types of high school coaches i just described are the 2 that will be succesful in high school, the second will reach levels the first one wont.He will also teach way more than football, coach U falls in the second category of coaches.It's very important that these kind of coaches reach the kids early on and make it clear to them that they care about them.But there gonna push them very hard and its not about them liking him or not.Its about him leading them to expirience what few get to, and takeing them to a level that all high school teams wanna reach.Whether or not he established that understanding or not i dont know, but i do know what kind of coach he is and what kind of person he is.Some might say he is stubborn, but really he is in a position of authority and a coach. He has to be in control, and he has to give guidence and direction, all teams have to have that. You cannot have that tryn to please everyone, you will bounce all over the place, be inconsistant and your team will follow that path.You have to lay a foundation and build from there and you cannot waiver.I have not spoken n any of these threads about these issues, i've said all i will say about it. Coach U will take J.C. where they want to go, if the team and community will support and let him.They must be unity :D

If what you say is true, than the Jeff County program is in a huge catch 22. Players won't come out till the wins go up, and the wins won`t go up without more players. I my own thoughts, but I`m wondering what you think is a solution to the catch 22 you laid out.

There is no catch22, all it takes is 1 team to unite and believe.They become tight work hard and play hard,there encouragement and the energy and enthusiasm they bring.Will bring more players out and so it starts, you dont have to have the wins to bring em out. Just let them see theres something special going on and they will want to be a part of it.......

You are quite a young man, and your perspective is right on. Ive seen it at many schools and many times.Many teens are lazy now days period, and a big part of that is due to spoiling parents.So many parents can not stand to see there child be fussed at or disaplined by someone,there very quick to point out others though.Many now days like it or not think there child is above this that or another.The coach there is getting a bum rap from a few big mouthed babys period.There the ones breeding this disseray at the school and its running through like a virus.Coach U has been very successful everywhere he has been as a coach and player.He also has a great character about him, and was loved at other schools.He also won a state title at Oakland and had a very successful program, which has been on the decline every since he left.He has a very strong work ethic and low tolerance for anything disruptive to the team.I promise you though he will not quit,and if the community would break this split and support him and the team J.C. would be highly successful.Theres two ways to coach high school, u can either be a buddy and nice guy and make it fun.You will get kids out for that, and they will play hard for you, you will win ballgames.But you dont have the exacution, dicipline, character,work ethic and drive or determination that will win championships and state titles. Or you can be straight foward, hard work, dicipline coach.Come in and say this is how it is and your not gonna like me but im gonna teach you and take you places.With that mutual understanding, you have a very well coached and diciplined team, that will exacute and play with character and understanding of what each persons responsability is.Each person knows there job and the role they play in the big picture to the team no matter how big or small and accepts that role.Understanding that is what it takes to be a team and do far more than just win ballgames.On top of the fact that when you work extremely hard, your not gonna let it be for nothing on Friday nights.You know that guy in front of you does not deserve it as much as you, and your by no means are not gonna let him take it away from you. There is still plenty of fun for this kind of team but its not all fun, theres character building, dicipline and integrity with this team also.These teams are the teams that win championships and state titles.It's not that theres something magical in the water in certain school districts,that breeds awsome athletes every year.Its not like collage, where you go recruit players, its teenagers and every school district of the same size has a close to equal talent pool.The difference is coaching and more importantly, the community support and belief in them.Its very important that the kids trust and believe in there coaches and vice verse.The effort will not be the same if they dont have that mutual trust and belief. No kid will have that as long as there constantly hearing questioning and second guessing.The two types of high school coaches i just described are the 2 that will be succesful in high school, the second will reach levels the first one wont.He will also teach way more than football, coach U falls in the second category of coaches.It's very important that these kind of coaches reach the kids early on and make it clear to them that they care about them.But there gonna push them very hard and its not about them liking him or not.Its about him leading them to expirience what few get to, and takeing them to a level that all high school teams wanna reach.Whether or not he established that understanding or not i dont know, but i do know what kind of coach he is and what kind of person he is.Some might say he is stubborn, but really he is in a position of authority and a coach. He has to be in control, and he has to give guidence and direction, all teams have to have that. You cannot have that tryn to please everyone, you will bounce all over the place, be inconsistant and your team will follow that path.You have to lay a foundation and build from there and you cannot waiver.I have not spoken n any of these threads about these issues, i've said all i will say about it. Coach U will take J.C. where they want to go, if the team and community will support and let him.They must be unity :lol:

Little clarity needed, are you saying that to win a championship a coach must be a disciplinarian?

There is no catch22, all it takes is 1 team to unite and believe.They become tight work hard and play hard,there encouragement and the energy and enthusiasm they bring.Will bring more players out and so it starts, you dont have to have the wins to bring em out. Just let them see theres something special going on and they will want to be a part of it.......

I completely agree that you don`t have to be currently winning to bring kids out, if that was the case a lot of schools would not have enough players. Signs of improvement alone, or steps in a positive direction will bring kids out. Throwing a "kids are just lazy these days" blanket over teens is a cop-out IMO. I don`t think for a second that the difference between the 80's and 90's is that the kids are just lazy. I think its more that kids are being pulled in a lot of different directions unlike in the 80's and 90's. There are a lot more things going on in Jefferson County(and a lot of other places) for teens other than football unlike the 80's and 90's. For a football program(and all the other sports program for that matter) to be successful the leadership has to recognize the fact that football may not be the #1 option for teens now and offer something that attracts teens not pushes them away. Now that doesn`t mean do away with discipline, there would be no team without it, but as of now that discipline is all that is being seen. Discipline is not the goal(or at least it shouldn`t be), discipline is used to reach the goal. The two things that outsiders, from the middle school and HS students not playing football see is a lot of losing and a lot of discipline, two things that aren`t very attractive when there are 30 other things you could be doing. A 16/17 year-old will do and go through just about anything to get what they want, including whatever a hard nosed disciplinarian coach will put them through.

Success, or just the chance for success is a powerful thing, especially for people who have had it before. A 16 yearold that wants to succeed at football will do and go through anything to get it. Now you can`t make a kid want to succeed but as I said before when you`ve come from an environment of success, chances are you want to do it again, especially on a bigger stage. Now of kids don`t see success or the chance to succeed they will and have moved on. In order of Jeff County to be successful again, there MUST be a complete change in Jefferson County. That doesn`t mean that you must change coaches, but some practices of those coaches MUST change.

#1 ignoring the middle schools has to stop, other than what they hear and see on a friday night night the middle players have very little knowledge about the coaching staff. Despite what the practices in the past have been, the coaches including the head coach need to have at least a working knowledge about the middle school players and the middle school players need to know AND SEE the HS coaches. You can do this a lot of ways, you can section off the middle schools and assign them assistant coaches who go to the games of their middle school(where possible as long as it doesn`t get in the way of the work for the HS) and keep up with the team. The coaches should know and talk to the players, and by the doing this the players will know the coaches. Obviously the HC can't be everywhere at every game but he should AT LEAST make one trip to every middle for a game and address the team, and should have a working knowledge of the teams(which shouldn`t be too hard with his assistants reporting to him on the middles schools) Each middle school should have a day when they come and watch at least part if not an entire HS practice, they can see how the coaches and players interact, and what HS football is outside of a friday night. Show these players that what they hear isn`t true.

#2 Actively RECRUIT in both the middle and HS. It gets done by the middle school coaches all the time. Something more than "hey you should come out for football", but a simple pitch will do the trick.

#3 Discipline should not be the only thing outsiders(middle school players, current students) see and hear when Jeff County football comes up. Doesn`t mean discipline shouldn`t be preached up front, kids should know what they are getting into, but the other aspects are invisible right now to the outside. Teamwork, having fun, working to win aren`t attracting players because people aren`t seeing it. Coaches have to work to change the perception of their program.

Coaches aren't the only ones that have to change however fans MUST change as well. Despite the losing, the true fans still have to show up, the stadium should NEVER be half empty at homecoming. Whether you agree with the coaches or not you still have to show up, and cheer for the players. A packed stadium is always more attractive to a prospective player than a half empty one even if the team is losing. The football culture in Jefferson County has to change back to a positive one that cares about success and winning. I`ll admit that I haven't been the most positive person when it comes to the coaches and direction of the team, but I will try my best to be as positive as possible or just bite my tongue. In return though there must be an attempt to correct the current situation, there has to be signs of improvement, there has to be change. If not it won`t matter what me or any other fan does is positive or negative, the players will do their talking through their actions. If there is not change the program WILL rot and die, and there won`t be anything people outside of the program can do about it.

I agree and disagree with your viewpoint as well as JC4LIFE. You do have to unite and believe and I do truly believe coach U is a good man, knows the game of football, and agree with his discipline and hard work. But everyone and everything has to adapt and change in this world to survive. My main concern is can he change and become a communicator and social person in the community? We know he needs to develop a bond with all middle school coaches in Jeff County and yes JC4LIFE, he needs to do more than just show up at the end of season Jeff/ Maury and the Rush Strong/WP rivalries. I understand he left the Jeff/Maury game as it ended and never spoke to the players (who had huddled at midfield to hear him talk). He did speak to the RS/WP players a few days later.

In a head coaching role you also must have a strong support group to be successful (staff, boosters, and fans). IMO the head coach builds the first two, and the third develops based on the excitement his team generates (win or lose). I do believe kids are lazy and spoiled today, but as someone else said, they are also pulled in many different directions, or they just choose to go in different directions.

I have watched for the 3 years U has been here and I like a lot of things he does. I really feel that change is needed, and maybe that does not mean a coaching change, but coach U will definitely have to change in some areas to succeed. He must build some of that excitement and JC4LIFE you are correct when you say he needs to have middle school teams view some practices, just so they can see for themselves that what they hear is not true.

IMO, bottom line - he needs more quality and support around him, he and his staff need to make that effort to reach out to middle schools and the community, and he needs to evaluate his style (delgating and trusting his staff, becoming flexible with play calling, and have a strategy that goes with the strength of his team). In most games JC played a power game - but we did not have personnel to play a power game. We were small on defense yet on goal line we don't stack the line of scrimmage - looks like we play our regular defense. Little things like that is what I mean by adapting and changing.

Little clarity needed, are you saying that to win a championship a coach must be a disciplinarian?

I completely agree that you don`t have to be currently winning to bring kids out, if that was the case a lot of schools would not have enough players. Signs of improvement alone, or steps in a positive direction will bring kids out. Throwing a "kids are just lazy these days" blanket over teens is a cop-out IMO. I don`t think for a second that the difference between the 80's and 90's is that the kids are just lazy. I think its more that kids are being pulled in a lot of different directions unlike in the 80's and 90's. There are a lot more things going on in Jefferson County(and a lot of other places) for teens other than football unlike the 80's and 90's. For a football program(and all the other sports program for that matter) to be successful the leadership has to recognize the fact that football may not be the #1 option for teens now and offer something that attracts teens not pushes them away. Now that doesn`t mean do away with discipline, there would be no team without it, but as of now that discipline is all that is being seen. Discipline is not the goal(or at least it shouldn`t be), discipline is used to reach the goal. The two things that outsiders, from the middle school and HS students not playing football see is a lot of losing and a lot of discipline, two things that aren`t very attractive when there are 30 other things you could be doing. A 16/17 year-old will do and go through just about anything to get what they want, including whatever a hard nosed disciplinarian coach will put them through.

Success, or just the chance for success is a powerful thing, especially for people who have had it before. A 16 yearold that wants to succeed at football will do and go through anything to get it. Now you can`t make a kid want to succeed but as I said before when you`ve come from an environment of success, chances are you want to do it again, especially on a bigger stage. Now of kids don`t see success or the chance to succeed they will and have moved on. In order of Jeff County to be successful again, there MUST be a complete change in Jefferson County. That doesn`t mean that you must change coaches, but some practices of those coaches MUST change.

#1 ignoring the middle schools has to stop, other than what they hear and see on a friday night night the middle players have very little knowledge about the coaching staff. Despite what the practices in the past have been, the coaches including the head coach need to have at least a working knowledge about the middle school players and the middle school players need to know AND SEE the HS coaches. You can do this a lot of ways, you can section off the middle schools and assign them assistant coaches who go to the games of their middle school(where possible as long as it doesn`t get in the way of the work for the HS) and keep up with the team. The coaches should know and talk to the players, and by the doing this the players will know the coaches. Obviously the HC can't be everywhere at every game but he should AT LEAST make one trip to every middle for a game and address the team, and should have a working knowledge of the teams(which shouldn`t be too hard with his assistants reporting to him on the middles schools) Each middle school should have a day when they come and watch at least part if not an entire HS practice, they can see how the coaches and players interact, and what HS football is outside of a friday night. Show these players that what they hear isn`t true.

#2 Actively RECRUIT in both the middle and HS. It gets done by the middle school coaches all the time. Something more than "hey you should come out for football", but a simple pitch will do the trick.

#3 Discipline should not be the only thing outsiders(middle school players, current students) see and hear when Jeff County football comes up. Doesn`t mean discipline shouldn`t be preached up front, kids should know what they are getting into, but the other aspects are invisible right now to the outside. Teamwork, having fun, working to win aren`t attracting players because people aren`t seeing it. Coaches have to work to change the perception of their program.

Coaches aren't the only ones that have to change however fans MUST change as well. Despite the losing, the true fans still have to show up, the stadium should NEVER be half empty at homecoming. Whether you agree with the coaches or not you still have to show up, and cheer for the players. A packed stadium is always more attractive to a prospective player than a half empty one even if the team is losing. The football culture in Jefferson County has to change back to a positive one that cares about success and winning. I`ll admit that I haven't been the most positive person when it comes to the coaches and direction of the team, but I will try my best to be as positive as possible or just bite my tongue. In return though there must be an attempt to correct the current situation, there has to be signs of improvement, there has to be change. If not it won`t matter what me or any other fan does is positive or negative, the players will do their talking through their actions. If there is not change the program WILL rot and die, and there won`t be anything people outside of the program can do about it.

GOOD POST !!!!!

I agree and disagree with your viewpoint as well as JC4LIFE. You do have to unite and believe and I do truly believe coach U is a good man, knows the game of football, and agree with his discipline and hard work. But everyone and everything has to adapt and change in this world to survive. My main concern is can he change and become a communicator and social person in the community? We know he needs to develop a bond with all middle school coaches in Jeff County and yes JC4LIFE, he needs to do more than just show up at the end of season Jeff/ Maury and the Rush Strong/WP rivalries. I understand he left the Jeff/Maury game as it ended and never spoke to the players (who had huddled at midfield to hear him talk). He did speak to the RS/WP players a few days later.

In a head coaching role you also must have a strong support group to be successful (staff, boosters, and fans). IMO the head coach builds the first two, and the third develops based on the excitement his team generates (win or lose). I do believe kids are lazy and spoiled today, but as someone else said, they are also pulled in many different directions, or they just choose to go in different directions.

I have watched for the 3 years U has been here and I like a lot of things he does. I really feel that change is needed, and maybe that does not mean a coaching change, but coach U will definitely have to change in some areas to succeed. He must build some of that excitement and JC4LIFE you are correct when you say he needs to have middle school teams view some practices, just so they can see for themselves that what they hear is not true.

IMO, bottom line - he needs more quality and support around him, he and his staff need to make that effort to reach out to middle schools and the community, and he needs to evaluate his style (delgating and trusting his staff, becoming flexible with play calling, and have a strategy that goes with the strength of his team). In most games JC played a power game - but we did not have personnel to play a power game. We were small on defense yet on goal line we don't stack the line of scrimmage - looks like we play our regular defense. Little things like that is what I mean by adapting and changing.

ANOTHER GOOD POST !!!

If I say anything else this thread may get closed.

Although im not directly involved with J.C., and do not see everything going on.I have some idea and picture of things.JC4Life and Freakazoid those were 2 very good posts with alot of insightful information and made alot of sence.They also helped in some of my suspicions of things revolving around the program.If all parties involved would use a approach like you two just did, great strides would be made.So many times great ideas or good information is lost or shot down, because the approach is in a purely negative way.You get somebodys attention or lose it in the first 2 sentances.I know from my own expirience and my sons that if a high school coach just shows up for a middle school game,that it works wonders for those kids.It is also a great oppertunity to start developing a understanding of goals and expectations.By this i dont mean blasting them,but just having conversation,answering questions and building a relationship.Not only with the players but there parents as well, most of the time problems will reveal themselves then.And many times "handleing it civalized of course" many of the issues will resolve before they even make it to the high school.Eliminating many negative issues before they ever have a chance to be distractions to the team.

Haveing those teams recognized at halftimes of varsity games" including the parents" is a small thing.But can go along way in generating interest and help in coach community relationship.Another great tool is having your upperclassmen go and help in some middle school workouts.Along with speaking at each school for a few minutes about high school sports, and sharing expiriences with them.All these things are simple and does not require much, but will go along way in building unity and relationships between the community,coaches,team and players.

I didnt get to see a J.C. game this year,so i can't make any comments about actual coaching decisions.I will say this, there are many variables in game night decisions.Sometimes power offences are run just for the lack of depth on a team.Most all of the smallest schools in Tenn. and Va. run these types of schemes just for that reason.There not truly designed for fast paced games, they shorten the game and control the clock.Something many dont notice is in a 15 play drive your team has 15 times in a huddle to catch there breath.Yes the other team does to,but your eliminating some of there depth advantage.Also assignments are easier and that makes it easier for a tired player to exacute.Your lineman will get more traps and straight up blocking, than long pulling and down field blocking.Also with smaller numbers on a team odds are you have a weak link or two in there.With a power team u can load up and run away from those guys, in a spread they will get u killed.Yes defences will load up to, but it does give you the advantage of deception.That deception will give a average player the best oppertunity to make a big play, that he otherwise couldnt make.

As far as the goalline defence, again there are many factors.Alot of teams will run outside, or hit slants in goalline situations, expecting the middle loaded.Its all a chess match of personal,schemes, tendancies and mismatches.Again i can't comment or question, i wasn't there.

Again i thought both of you made great posts and seemed very aware and in touch.I think of many took your approach it would be of great benefit and in the best interest of J.C. football.

Warlock i dont think the post will be deleted for reasonable discussion.Again its all in the approach.Just blasting out of frustration,anger or disappointment usually leads to poor discussions and solves nothing.

Dicipline should not be the only thing,and the negatives should be low profile.Again i will revert to trust and understanding, most kids dont have a problem with dicipline,and will not question punishment of themself or others.As long as 1)they understand what it was and why and 2) they trust in the person making that judgement.

Good Luck with you guys program and i hope for the best for you all....Sorry for the grammer i dont have long and rush through it.

Edited by backinblack

What kind of discipline do they have @ the MS level? I did hear the whole HS staff went to Kingsport for the championship game, and Coach U spoke to the team. That is a positive if it is true.

I can't say much about White Pine or Rush Strong, but you don't leave Maury or Jeff middle without having been disciplined A LOT. Coach Woods with Coach Delozier run a VERY tight ship at Maury, both still paddle students I believe lol. There is no need to even ask this question with the Jeff Middle staff, Coach Jett probably runs the most disciplined program in the county, and that includes the HS. Rush Strong and White Pine now both have good programs from what I hear, both are also now well coach. Bottom line whatever problems we are having are not fostered in the middle schools, another point that debunks the most kids are just lazy myth. Now spoiled is another thing altogether, maybe if we didn`t hand out trophies for everything, and praise mediocrity we wouldn`t have a lot of the problems with kids being spoiled but I digress.

Although im not directly involved with J.C., and do not see everything going on.I have some idea and picture of things.JC4Life and Freakazoid those were 2 very good posts with alot of insightful information and made alot of sence.They also helped in some of my suspicions of things revolving around the program.If all parties involved would use a approach like you two just did, great strides would be made.So many times great ideas or good information is lost or shot down, because the approach is in a purely negative way.You get somebodys attention or lose it in the first 2 sentances.I know from my own expirience and my sons that if a high school coach just shows up for a middle school game,that it works wonders for those kids.It is also a great oppertunity to start developing a understanding of goals and expectations.By this i dont mean blasting them,but just having conversation,answering questions and building a relationship.Not only with the players but there parents as well, most of the time problems will reveal themselves then.And many times "handleing it civalized of course" many of the issues will resolve before they even make it to the high school.Eliminating many negative issues before they ever have a chance to be distractions to the team.

Haveing those teams recognized at halftimes of varsity games" including the parents" is a small thing.But can go along way in generating interest and help in coach community relationship.Another great tool is having your upperclassmen go and help in some middle school workouts.Along with speaking at each school for a few minutes about high school sports, and sharing expiriences with them.All these things are simple and does not require much, but will go along way in building unity and relationships between the community,coaches,team and players.

I didnt get to see a J.C. game this year,so i can't make any comments about actual coaching decisions.I will say this, there are many variables in game night decisions.Sometimes power offences are run just for the lack of depth on a team.Most all of the smallest schools in Tenn. and Va. run these types of schemes just for that reason.There not truly designed for fast paced games, they shorten the game and control the clock.Something many dont notice is in a 15 play drive your team has 15 times in a huddle to catch there breath.Yes the other team does to,but your eliminating some of there depth advantage.Also assignments are easier and that makes it easier for a tired player to exacute.Your lineman will get more traps and straight up blocking, than long pulling and down field blocking.Also with smaller numbers on a team odds are you have a weak link or two in there.With a power team u can load up and run away from those guys, in a spread they will get u killed.Yes defences will load up to, but it does give you the advantage of deception.That deception will give a average player the best oppertunity to make a big play, that he otherwise couldnt make.

As far as the goalline defence, again there are many factors.Alot of teams will run outside, or hit slants in goalline situations, expecting the middle loaded.Its all a chess match of personal,schemes, tendancies and mismatches.Again i can't comment or question, i wasn't there.

Again i thought both of you made great posts and seemed very aware and in touch.I think of many took your approach it would be of great benefit and in the best interest of J.C. football.

Warlock i dont think the post will be deleted for reasonable discussion.Again its all in the approach.Just blasting out of frustration,anger or disappointment usually leads to poor discussions and solves nothing.

Dicipline should not be the only thing,and the negatives should be low profile.Again i will revert to trust and understanding, most kids dont have a problem with dicipline,and will not question punishment of themself or others.As long as 1)they understand what it was and why and 2) they trust in the person making that judgement.

Good Luck with you guys program and i hope for the best for you all....Sorry for the grammer i dont have long and rush through it.

It seems to me that most of the posts on here seem to blame the kids, in their words lazy. Just like JC4life said, its not at the middle school level. If the head coach has FINALLY seen the light and realized " HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" attitude is not getting the job done maybe JUST maybe things might improve. If there is another year of no playoffs for the Patriots in 2007, then maybe the AD,Principle and Director will see the light. I have now broken my own words and said what I said not to say, SORTA !!!